Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at this stupid analysts :

TESLA NO DEMAND .... NO TOO MUCH DEMAND !!!

Tesla's China website gets overwhelmed due to Giga 3-made Model 3 pre-orders

For those of us in the USA (including Tesla employees probably), I think it's going to be (and is) a wake-up call for us/them once Tesla goes international at scale like now (where countries are more positively focused and propelling the work and intent of the UN and the Paris Climate Accord). The USA has been and still is preoccupied fighting internally...mostly because of Trump, Big Oil, Big Auto, etc...and they all need to be cleared out quickly to avert a climate disaster. It's probable that it's severely impacted Tesla's growth, here in the US, and in general.

The world, and Tesla, would have been such a better state now if Hillary Clinton was in office. :(

Somebody might have posted already, but today Tesla opened Model 3 Configurator for Japan. Korea and Taiwan seemed to be left out as of now. Only SR+ and Performance available, black interior only. Ordered Performance with performance wheels, blue metallic paint, and FSD. August delivery - haven't checked with Tesla but this vehicle maybe type approved in Japan. MS and MX are not type approved here.

Wow, we are almost green.

Correction! Didn't expect that today...

upload_2019-5-31_16-53-18.png

Curious that the UK market is now also restricted to SR+ or Performance only, like the other new markets that have just launched. Then there is an additional "Performance Upgrade" option to add to the Performance car - seems like they should have a different name for that! There used to be other options too.

In the UK, as the LR option vanished, the Performance (without the additional kit) was dropped from £56,050 to £48,590, that's almost £7500 less, should force those on the fence to jump at it! LR used to be £47,050, so for those who were considering the LR it's just a £1540 jump up - again, if you decide to not go for the Performance kit.

The way I see it, there are two major possible explanations:
1. Tesla sold out the LRs they had on the boat bringing the right-hand drive Model 3s, but they still have a lot of Performance version cars available.
2. They really want to push deliveries (more cars on the road = better), so they're willing to take a margin cut.

I tend to go with the second version. As far as I understand, the Perf. cars are almost identical to the LR AWDs (are they still doing that double burn-in on the motors, or pick the top n% performing motors?), maybe minor HW extra costs, mainly SW difference. Meaning that the margin cut is not that significant after all. But the intention is clearly to maximise deliveries this quarter. So I'm preparing myself to be pleasantly surprised when Q2 delivery numbers are reported.

It is definitely worth keeping an eye on how the available models and prices change in July.

Yeah, but technically it is just a LR AWD with an extra underline stuck on the back and a bit flipped in the software. (Since they split the actual "performance" bits out as an upgrade again.)

Why? The only difference is that it might cost a little less and that it is slower. Same actual range...
You just answered the question, except it's "will cost less" and $10K U.S. less is not my definition of little.

Maybe we have found bottom, since stock doesn’t go down despite bad macros.

There has been a lot of hand-wringing regarding the supposedly inevitable further drop in the stock price as macros turn negative. I continue to see TSLA as a highly contrarian play where it moves independently of the broader market (and has so since I started investing in the stock in 2012). Even more with Giga 3 reducing the potential impacts of a tariff war with China. I'm not saying TSLA is immune to macros or the effects of a global recession should it come/when it comes, I just find the short-term movements of the stock more influenced by the short-selling manipulation/business media spin.

Tesla on Twitter
Important Announcement (unless you like paying for gas): All inventory Model S and Model X cars now come with unlimited free Supercharging. This ends on June 30.

.. and we are asked to believe that SC is not a moat?
Checked again and could not see any Ravens in inventory, so they’re targeting to finish dumping pre-raven models before EoQ.

Do we have a betting pool on numbers of 3 orders in China?
Tesla on Twitter
Important Announcement (unless you like paying for gas): All inventory Model S and Model X cars now come with unlimited free Supercharging. This ends on June 30.

It's amusing watching anyone who doesn't drive electric try and tell others what is or isn't important to consumers. The Now You Know guys pointed this out about the CEO of GM. If she really felt EVs were the future she would be driving one.

Tesla on Twitter

It's a good play. Psychologically.

- For those with no source of home charging -- this is huge justification to get an inventory car
- For those who are cheap-- this is a huge because they think they are getting something of super huge value even though they'll probably charge at home for the most part
- Great move to get rid of inventory if you sacrifice the new Air suspension and range and builds of S/X

Correction! Didn't expect that today...

View attachment 414012

Well, I for one decided not to wait for the annual 4th of July sale on TSLA.

Bought 28 more shares @$185.70 this morning and 40 more @$187.89 yesterday.

Regardless of what happens in the next months in a number of years, people aren’t going to believe I paid so little for TSLA in 2019. :cool:

Not advice.