Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the 6-10 months is conservative.
The last thing Tesla want to do is overpromise. I like this underpromise.
Plus, the longer people have to wait, the more likely they will buy imported version now.

The saving of driving a EV in China is substantial.
Basically, if you charge at home, the cost per km (or per mile, doesn't matter) is about 10% of gas.
In Shanghai, electricity cost can be 0.33 CNY per kWh, which is about 0.05 dollar.
Do the math for a SRP, and that would translate to 0.05-0.06 CNY per KM, which is about 0.007-0.008 dollar per KM,

I'll say that again.
That is 0.7-0.8 US cent per km, or 1.1-1.3 US cent per mile, which is crazy.

View attachment 413904

0.331 yuan per kWh for night charging and 0.641 for day time.
same for me in canada. electricity costs me 10% of gas

OT
I found one in Missouri, with the adaptive suspension, and 3.0, so probably a Raven. 2019 Model S | Tesla
The one you linked has 315mile range, while raven SPL has 345, and I didn’t see adaptive suspension in it, so probably still a pre raven?

Shorts(including Fred) wants to frame this as a fire sale of all S&X, but it’s not. Tesla just want to clear pre-raven inventory. Some of them even carries higher price than a new order of raven(which is absurd), so clearly they won’t move without some kind of incentive.

Also, this is not news, they started doing it a few days back.

Last edited:
OT

The one you linked has 315mile range, while raven SPL has 345, and I didn’t see adaptive suspension in it, so probably still a pre raven?

Ah yeah, good point. And the EV-CPO said "Adaptive suspension" which was where I found it. IDK how they would know, if it wasn't on the Tesla post. Then again, the Air Suspension isn't mentioned either, and I'm pretty certain that's standard across Model S now. Unless they just took that mention off all of them, because it became standard.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I’m confused, did something actually change today? Inventory(pre-raven) S/X has had unlimited free supercharging for like the last 2 weeks...

It was posted on Tesla's twitter. A lot of people probably don't understand the trade off. Either way... good move to get people in store/online

Also, Barclay's came out with another bonehead report stating Tesla will be a "niche" automaker and lowered the Price Target to $150.

I’m confused, did something actually change today? Inventory(pre-raven) S/X has had unlimited free supercharging for like the last 2 weeks...
Nothing changed except IMO they didn't have an end point on the promotion, and now they do.

Re: Chinese 3 price... I'm relieved it's not super super low. They need to stabilise manufacturing and suppliers' pricing before they can go lower. (and when they find they can, perhaps they won't... profit is nice)

Tesla CTO JB Straubel excercises ~$3 million in options as office presence called 'scarce' - Electrek

yikes I've always said I wouldn't worry too much about the exec departures/company culture as long as JB and Franz stick around but this is basically Tesla's longest employee. I'd guess he's spending more and more time on his own recycling startup.

would explain why he's been selling all those shares though I guess

if this isn't true though, and he's just been spending more time at Giga or Maxwell it highlights the incompetence of Tesla PR.

Last edited:
As I keep adding to my ignore list, I wonder how dark is that “ignored” world that is oblivious to me. It is like sweeping dirt under the bed. Hope there is a way to vacuum these shorts / Care Bears out altogether.

I assume other true “investors” are also ignoring as it will be tough to have reasonable conversation on this board.
Yes, I ignore quite a few people, I just don’t have the time or the stomach for their bile. I just try to add constructive comments to this conversation, though it occasionally seems worthwhile to respond to some of the negativity.

I do listen for the volume and signal to noise ratio of the FUD in the papers and in general. Occasionally I dissect a piece or two for my own edification.

At the mo, the wires seem to be humming with the amount of energy being dumped in, but there is little but noise there from the short side.

It would also be helpful if folks who are adding otherwise thoughtful commentary would advocate for their political views on another thread instead of here.

Last edited:
True. This is actually something I find really interesting. Shell and now Chevron have announced that they’ll be putting more chargers at their stations. That’ll stem the tide for a while, but I can’t help but think that most people charge at home the vast majority of the time. So, instead of being a necessity that everyone has to get usually multiple times a month, their entire business model becomes something people use very occasionally on long trips once or twice a year.
The range on BEVs continues to improve ... what is the upper limit technically? ... if Tesla can get to lets say 500-600 miles /charge the long run supercharger infrastructure required could be close to complete in US ... thoughts??... do folks think the supercharger network ... possibly Tier 3 markets and rural areas...
Tesla CTO JB Straubel excercises ~$3 million in options as office presence called 'scarce' - Electrek

yikes I've always said I wouldn't worry too much about the exec departures/company culture as long as JB and Franz stick around but this is basically Tesla's longest employee. I'd guess he's spending more and more time on his own recycling startup.

if this isn't true though, and he's just been spending more time at Giga or Maxwell it highlights the incompetence of Tesla PR.
Insider selling is not material generally ... insider buying can be

• Love
Reactions: neroden

I don’t put much interest in Fred, but this—if true—is the kind of *sugar* that can derail TSLA for an extended period of time. I hope there is a good, innocent explanation for this. I can already see the FUD spin now based off of this report. So, Tesla better have a response ready.

Ah yeah, good point. And the EV-CPO said "Adaptive suspension" which was where I found it. IDK how they would know, if it wasn't on the Tesla post. Then again, the Air Suspension isn't mentioned either, and I'm pretty certain that's standard across Model S now. Unless they just took that mention off all of them, because it became standard.

This is one of the rare units that has the adaptive suspension but does NOT have the PMSR motor. In other words, it has the SU03 option code, but no code for the motor (DU02 or DU03).

Fred will basically writing gossip at this point...….anything to get his clicks. JB has sold shares on a consistent basis for years, regardless of the share price.

Oh and where did JB go for the past couple of months. How bout Giga 1 because ya know they've had battery constraints and guess what guys, JB's focus in on batteries. Or how bout the company that Tesla just about.....what do they do again? I think it has something to do with battery tech......hmmm just maybe the logical explanation is the obvious one.

Last edited: