Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised there's been no mention of the insideev's estimate this morning. 13,950 Model 3's for May.
how come there are still Volt's? i thought they were Discontinued or some such
upload_2019-6-4_11-14-3.png

View attachment 415392 This guy seems legit. Wonder if this is the reason we are bouncing so hard. Buckle up

Icahn is bad news, I remember how he pillaged TWA. Then again, he took a strong position in Apple, and tried to make some noise about returning cash to shareholders and then sold his shares. He learned pretty quickly you can't shake down a tech company like you can old school corporation.

how come there are still Volt's? i thought they were Discontinued or some such
View attachment 415405

Because, you know... some car manufacturers have these things called dealerships.... they 'sell' their cars to these 'dealerships', but those 'dealerships' still haven't sold them to the final customer. :rolleyes: Yes, I know, an antiquated idea, but it does still exist.

I believe InsideEVs numbers don't count vehicles as 'sold' though until they reach the final customer.

The latest US figures are good, and put an end to some of the more frothing lunatic bullshit from the TSLAQ maniacs, but the total figures, including Europe, will be even better. I get the impression that TSLAQ is a 95% USA phenomena. I bet most of them could not find Europe on a map, so will be interesting to see how much they deflate when realizing may sales outside the US > 0.

What % of float must Activist Investor obtain, to force an outcome give EM's/Kimbals ownership ?

not sure if that’s the point. even a few percent won’t prohibit all the desk pounding that activists do “in the name of the shareholder” and media attention it will garner to sway public perception to their desired outcome...good or bad for LT company/investor prospects

if rumor true, we’ll see

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
Does anyone else think there is a tipping point where EV saturation in a given market reaches a certain % which will force people to realize that they are a practical option? (i.e. charging and whatnot isn't a problem) I know people in general aren't very good at changing their opinions based on new information, but if you start seeing Model 3s everywhere only the really dumb people will still insist that they aren't realistic vehicles.

The latest US figures are good, and put an end to some of the more frothing lunatic bullshit from the TSLAQ maniacs, but the total figures, including Europe, will be even better. I get the impression that TSLAQ is a 95% USA phenomena. I bet most of them could not find Europe on a map, so will be interesting to see how much they deflate when realizing may sales outside the US > 0.
I firmly believe that a vast majority of TSLAQ people, at least the ones out there on social media being stupid, are the same group that runs around saying that climate change is a hoax and that Obama is a secret muslim.

Does anyone else think there is a tipping point where EV saturation in a given market reaches a certain % which will force people to realize that they are a practical option? (i.e. charging and whatnot isn't a problem) I know people in general aren't very good at changing their opinions based on new information, but if you start seeing Model 3s everywhere only the really dumb people will still insist that they aren't realistic vehicles.

yes - law of diffusion of innovation says
~ 15-18%

upload_2019-6-4_11-23-3.jpeg

Guess you all saw the IEVs numbers already (sorry I'm like 13 pages behind, still catching up from being away at the weekend...)

Pretty decent I'd say, given that Canada seems to be busy and a lot went on boats... In fact seems to be more M3 than Q1 already...

Tesla Update: Monthly Plug-In EV Sales Scorecard: May 2019

upload_2019-6-4_17-23-10.png

Hi. I'm a new TMC member and have had some lingering questions for a while. If I get something wrong, please correct me.

I currently do not own a Tesla nor do I have any positions, and although I do like EV I have some reservations about Tesla's promises.

Thery're not promises. They're aspirations.

Musk is way, way, way, way, way, way, way too optimistic. Add at least 6 months to any of his projected timelines. For self-driving, add years to it.

Let' start with robotaxis. Am I to believe that there will be driverless taxis?
Well, I don't believe there will be any time soon, at least not in the general case (rather than special fenced situations).

In my investigation of Tesla I have been extremely impressed with Tesla's auto-pilot. True, there's some major glitches, but Tesla is pretty good.
Yes, Tesla's system better than everyone else.

Anyway, sorry to make my first post a somewhat negative one, but that is what drove me to sign up and post. Thanks for your consideration.
You're not wrong.

What % of float must Activist Investor obtain, to force an outcome give EM's/Kimbals ownership ?

Tesla shares would crash if Musk is pushed out. No activist investor is that stupid, and besides, Musk's large shareholdings makes it quite unlikely for that to happen. Tesla's revenue growth is extraordinary, surely part of is is due to Musk's brilliant management style.

FWIW, the benefit of super-safe autopilot that is basically hands free for 99% of the time but still requires a driver is still of HUGE financial value,
I agree. I know so many poor drivers who would really love to have a "backup driver", even if occasionally it told them "wake up!". Hopefully mostly in slow-speed situations. If the autopilot could handle all the high-speed driving which required fast reaction times, so that they were only handling the low-speed parking lot / cops-directing-traffic stuff, they'd be *very* happy.