Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also get the impression to support the mission Elon will funnel back all profits into the business for the next 5 to 10 years to continue to support growth. Amazon executed this strategy brilliantly and I don't [know] if Tesla can do so with the same elegance and support of wall-street.

Amazon disrupted retail. Tesla (and SpaceX) are disrupting way way more than that, as you know. For this reason, it seems unlikely that Tesla's growth will be "elegant and supported." Media hit pieces against Elon and his companies will intensify, because most media are owned by or sell advertising to the disrupted industries. Wall Street is contributing to the disinformation because they profit from TSLA volatility.

It's probably gonna get worse, as Tesla takes more market share from the Big Boys. But Amazon is an interesting comparison, because at one point AMZN dropped 90%, not 50% like TSLA did this year.
At one point, Amazon lost more than 90% of its value. But long-term investors still got rich

I'm actually grateful for TSLA's drop because I bought more yesterday and today (but not on margin). Bring on 90% and I'll load up more.

Pretty sure the ICE manufacturers are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. The last paragraph says this:

"Tesla has only survived as long as it has because of the generous government exemptions it receives at the state and federal levels," said Appleton. "The clean air credits have allowed Tesla to stay in business as long as it has because middle class car buyers have floated it."

When it should say this:

“GM has only survived as long as it has because of the generous government carbon exemptions it receives at the state and federal levels. The clean air credits allow GM to sell high emission cars and stay in business as long as it has because middle class car buyers have floated it by buying Teslas."
It should say that the people want clean air and the OEMs chose to ignore that and continue to make polluting vehicles. Tesla was rewarded for giving the people what they want while legacy manufacturers continued to defy the government.

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
That article is about parts, car parts
"shared development, production planning and joint purchasing"
I read that as "batteries, what about the darn batteries?"

Remus, for people who currently arent allowed to buy a car,
getting a plate from TSLA would be a welcome opportunity, right?
Is it wrong that i read all your posts in a William Shatner voice?

Musing...

I listened to the Ride the Lightening podcast with Elon and a thought crystallized for me. I think Elon and Tesla feel they are much further away from being able to make a profitable $25K car than making a $35K that could earn the owner revenue. Bluntly the M3 SR+ with FSD is their attempt to entice the $25K market (actually if you believe them it entices the $15K and $5K markets as well :)). Many points of disagreement on this board as to when they can offer this mythical FSD but corporately their efforts are going into the NN software bucket and not the next gen cheap car bucket. Clearly a $25K Tesla would greatly further the mission however the FSD is like a backdoor to get there.

AAD72A82-6F8C-4D67-9F1D-83D875BFF7EC.png

Musing...

I listened to the Ride the Lightening podcast with Elon and a thought crystallized for me. I think Elon and Tesla feel they are much further away from being able to make a profitable $25K car than making a $35K that could earn the owner revenue. Bluntly the M3 SR+ with FSD is their attempt to entice the $25K market (actually if you believe them it entices the $15K and $5K markets as well :)). Many points of disagreement on this board as to when they can offer this mythical FSD but corporately their efforts are going into the NN software bucket and not the next gen cheap car bucket. Clearly a $25K Tesla would greatly further the mission however the FSD is like a backdoor to get there.

I think you're right. It seems similar to how Henry Ford created a new market for his new product by paying relatively high wages to employees (whether or not that was his primary motivation). If this article's thesis is correct, it even helped trigger the broader growth of the consumer economy and an affluent middle class. Makes you wonder about the broader social and economic implications of Tesla Network if they really do pull it off as Elon imagines.

Like Tesla youtube channel has a new video about the S refresh. Claims 3 motor design, 350 pound weight decrease, range north of 400 miles.

Whether this comes to fruition or not it is interesting in terms of the potential battery. Lighter and greater capacity is an interesting combination that many would like to see coming. Such a double whammy suggests the success of a new chemistry perhaps.

I would tend to consider this just a testing mule however.