Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair this is specifically a Tesla enthusiasts forum not a specific all EV enthusiasts forum, although a good portion of the members are supportive of EVs in general.

Enjoy your Leaf (as much as one can :D) and hopefully we’ll see you back in the Tesla Family sooner rather than later.

Meh. I enjoy this board and have learned a ton of stuff here. We have been an all EV family for over 4 years. We have people ask us about our EV’s all the time. We recommend a Tesla more than any other car out there including the Leaf. It’s just right now it’s not the right choice for us. It doesn’t change our opinion that a Tesla is still a better vehicle overall and we tell everybody to make sure they at least drive a Tesla before they buy anything else.

We can’t dis our first generation leaf though. Iron clad reliability. Solid as a rock. Hard not to recommend it.

Looking forward to a model Y someday.

Meh. I enjoy this board and have learned a ton of stuff here. We have been an all EV family for over 4 years. We have people ask us about our EV’s all the time. We recommend a Tesla more than any other car out there including the Leaf. It’s just right now it’s not the right choice for us. It doesn’t change our opinion that a Tesla is still a better vehicle overall and we tell everybody to make sure they at least drive a Tesla before they buy anything else.

We can’t dis our first generation leaf though. Iron clad reliability. Solid as a rock. Hard not to recommend it.

Looking forward to a model Y someday.

I can totally appreciate the reliability aspect of any car. Nobody loves reliability more than me in anything; car, tractor, computer, vacuum, nite lite, toothbrush...

But I’ve recently (since buying the 3) decided that fun now must rank in the top three criteria for all vehicles I own moving forward.

My criteria used to be; reliability, practicality/functionality and used but well-maintained.

In no particular order the top vehicle criteria are now;

Fun
Tesla
Fun

I can totally appreciate the reliability aspect of any car. Nobody loves reliability more than me in anything; car, tractor, computer, vacuum, nite lite, toothbrush...

But I’ve recently (since buying the 3) decided that fun now must rank in the top three criteria for all vehicles I own moving forward.

My criteria used to be; reliability, practicality/functionality and used but well-maintained.

In no particular order the top vehicle criteria are now;

Fun
Tesla
Fun

I hear ya. :)

Dutchie said:
What happened to the OA updates, the I-Pace suppose to have?

What are you talking about? It is working perfectly well - as intended...

Jaguar OTA.jpg

Yah that’s one annoying thing about some on this board. We put a deposit on a 2020 Nissan Leaf EPlus SL a couple weeks ago. The model 3 is an amazing car and drives better than the Eplus not to mention some pretty cool tech. But there is more to the decision than just “the drive”.

- Hatchback
- Easier ingress and egress.
- Chademo compatible, important for where we travel in our province.
- Heated steering wheel for sore 56 year old hands
- Homelink standard. (Not really important for us though)
- Heat pump so less energy use in mildly cold temps...like where we live in BC.
- Autopark included without having to get FSD.
- E-Pedal. (One of our favourite things about the Leaf)
- all around 360 view.
- pretty much no vampire drain. Important for us as we leave the country for months at a time without being able to plug in.
- rear cross traffic collision avoidance which i think the model 3 does as well but can’t get anyone at Tesla to confirm.
- The Eplus SL is a much quieter car than the three although I have heard there are aftermarket products one can use to quiet them down.

The model 3 is sooo much better looking than the leaf and I will miss having that crazy acceleration. I think the model Y will tick a lot of these boxes and we will be putting a deposit on one of those next year. It will eventually be our other vehicle.

Tesla is an amazing car but the current model lineup doesn’t necessarily suit everyone’s needs or budget.

Just sayin.

You may have missed that model 3 is now compatible with the Chademo adapter - just sayin

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
This site paints another picture, with still 897 Model S being available in Europe, mainly in Norway and The Netherlands (Model X stock is much lower):

Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car

Which is the correct information?
That site specifically says they get inventory from sources other than Tesla.com as well.
You may have missed that model 3 is now compatible with the Chademo adapter - just sayin
Source? I thought it was coming soon. I know in 2013 the Omaha service center was coming soon. That just opened so any time Tesla says soon it could be next month or 6 years. Who knows?

• Informative
Reactions: Jovian
Check on other insurance companies. Erie for one has very reasonable rates for my Model 3. Not much different than my 2015 Volt. And noticeably less than $800/yr

I am in BC, Canada. It's covered by Crown (own by gov) insurance corporation. I heard from the agents that Tesla rates have been going up due to repair cost. They were surprised by the new quotes I got. I guess it will take more Tesla on the road here to reduce the rates once ICBC realize how safe Tesla are.

Yah that’s one annoying thing about some on this board. We put a deposit on a 2020 Nissan Leaf EPlus SL a couple weeks ago. The model 3 is an amazing car and drives better than the Eplus not to mention some pretty cool tech. But there is more to the decision than just “the drive”.

- Hatchback
- Easier ingress and egress.
- Chademo compatible, important for where we travel in our province.
- Heated steering wheel for sore 56 year old hands
- Homelink standard. (Not really important for us though)
- Heat pump so less energy use in mildly cold temps...like where we live in BC.
- Autopark included without having to get FSD.
- E-Pedal. (One of our favourite things about the Leaf)
- all around 360 view.
- pretty much no vampire drain. Important for us as we leave the country for months at a time without being able to plug in.
- rear cross traffic collision avoidance which i think the model 3 does as well but can’t get anyone at Tesla to confirm.
- The Eplus SL is a much quieter car than the three although I have heard there are aftermarket products one can use to quiet them down.

The model 3 is sooo much better looking than the leaf and I will miss having that crazy acceleration. I think the model Y will tick a lot of these boxes and we will be putting a deposit on one of those next year. It will eventually be our other vehicle.

Tesla is an amazing car but the current model lineup doesn’t necessarily suit everyone’s needs or budget.

Just sayin.

I just watched a clip about E-Pedal. Is it similar to regen braking on the Tesla?
- I never had the luxury of heated steering wheel, I understand though, I wore gloves until the heat is working. I plan to heat up the Tesla before I head out. That's a luxury I can have going forward.
- Tesla should create a storage option to completely shut off the car without vampire drain. That's the beauty of OTA software updates.

...putting ~50% of his life $ on the line shorting tesla (i feel bad for the user of that child seat in the back of the car).

i mean...unles that’s some kinda of parody, what an epic a$$hole of a person that guy is. lol. stay clear of that goof youtubers..do yourself that favor

Granted, he didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the room, but no one is that stupid...must have been a parody.

I am in BC, Canada. It's covered by Crown (own by gov) insurance corporation. I heard from the agents that Tesla rates have been going up due to repair cost. They were surprised by the new quotes I got. I guess it will take more Tesla on the road here to reduce the rates once ICBC realize how safe Tesla are.
There is still an issue with repair costs and delays:
Jump to 10:50 for the numbers

Reactions: 2virgule5
Unless Tesla does the same thing by limiting the number of FSD equipped cars sold, anyone will be able to operate a livery service and the competition will drive prices down to a fair return on the (very modest) investment.
Musk's claim is Tesla Network will be so wildly popular that they will be unable to build enough cars to satisfy demand for a decade. And no competition will deploy at scale during that decade, either. So it's "just like Manhattan taxi medallions".
Why do people try to inflate Elon's estimate?
He said 1-2k/week. He wants to be cautious....
...but genetics prevent it :)

Reactions: CuriousSunbird
There is still an issue with repair costs and delays:
Jump to 10:50 for the numbers

That body shop is ripping him off.

First off, I've never even heard of a body shop that tries to bill you when they break something fixing your car. And they broke both pieces of roof glass just to fix the trunk - um, what?

The bumper is made up of three pieces of steel. Rather than just fixing the dented bumper, or at least just replacing the dented piece, they're replacing the entire thing?

Everything about this just screams, "That body shop is trying to milk him for all his insurance is worth." The part costs don't seem excessive, but how much they're deciding to replace sure does.

I just watched a clip about E-Pedal. Is it similar to regen braking on the Tesla?
- I never had the luxury of heated steering wheel, I understand though, I wore gloves until the heat is working. I plan to heat up the Tesla before I head out. That's a luxury I can have going forward.
- Tesla should create a storage option to completely shut off the car without vampire drain. That's the beauty of OTA software updates.

E-pedal is like regeneration but it is literally one pedal driving. I like the regen better on the model three and don’t mind the two pedal driving but Angela likes the E-pedal better. It is kinda cool. You can literally drive around all day and never touch the brake as it brings you to a full stop. I still think Tesla will do a software update someday that will enable it.