Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has agreed to the benefit and constipation of a "profit". Fortunately, China is pulling Tesla forward by funding capex. But Europe and Giga 4 is (apparently) stalled. No surprise: the embedded rentiers/unions will do everything possible to resist Tesla. But what about Russia? There is no embedded resistance; there is little debt; taking the technological initiative is perfectly Russian whether RD180s, Sukhois, or ??...This topic has probably been covered and I have not seen it: why not Moscow for the Giga 4 with Chinese like subsidies and greased skids? Seem to me that Russia's only flaw is that if you see Russia as divorced from Europe, there is a limited market..but if you see it as a Europe, there is the entire EU...just saying. Talk me down. J

Tesla has agreed to the benefit and constipation of a "profit". Fortunately, China is pulling Tesla forward by funding capex. But Europe and Giga 4 is (apparently) stalled. No surprise: the embedded rentiers/unions will do everything possible to resist Tesla. But what about Russia? There is no embedded resistance; there is little debt; taking the technological initiative is perfectly Russian whether RD180s, Sukhois, or ??...This topic has probably been covered and I have not seen it: why not Moscow for the Giga 4 with Chinese like subsidies and greased skids? Seem to me that Russia's only flaw is that if you see Russia as divorced from Europe, there is a limited market..but if you see it as a Europe, there is the entire EU...just saying. Talk me down. J

Russian has big oil, which is even worse than incumbent automakers.

I very much doubt this is a legit account. It is not a Twitter verified account, joined July 2019, just 46 followers and a bunch of posts that sound like some teenager would write.

Its legit. Likely run by assistants though as confirmed from Audi internal sources. Bram does not even do e-mail so different management style but its his official account.

In any case such an official apology needs approval.

Never would have assumed to get any reply from a CEOs about my modest thoughts and comments but here it is after Elon commented now more than one time I received today a tweet from the Audi CEO Bram Schot.

Good to see his apology and it sounds to me they understand that they messed up.
  1. jay‏ @jboondich
    Replying to @GerberKawasaki
    You can lease three model 3 for the price of one Audi etron.

Alex Retweeted

Audi, we have a problem.
Bram Schot‏ @BSchotOfficial
Replying to @alex_avoigt
We are sorry about that

Bram Schot on Twitter

Wow, Bram has... 47 followers, thank goodness he's getting the message out there... :rolleyes:

1) Russia doesn't have the rule of law but the rule of Putin. To bypass Constitutional term limits he may become President of a Union State of Russia and Belarus.

2) Russia doesn't belong to the EU. Exporting from Russia to the EU would mean paying 10% tariff into the EU. Savings in shipping isn't worth the effort. Tesla will build GF4 inside EU tariff Fortress. Cheap = Poland. Cheaper = Romania or Bulgaria. Not further East.

3) Russia exports more fossil fuels than Saudi Arabia. They stand to lose the most from Tesla killing fossil fuels and may be one of a handful of countries to benefit from global warming.

Never would have assumed to get any reply from a CEOs about my modest thoughts and comments but here it is after Elon commented now more than one time I received today a tweet from the Audi CEO Bram Schot.

Good to see his apology and it sounds to me they understand that they messed up.
  1. jay‏ @jboondich
    Replying to @GerberKawasaki
    You can lease three model 3 for the price of one Audi etron.

Alex Retweeted

Audi, we have a problem.
Bram Schot‏ @BSchotOfficial
Replying to @alex_avoigt
We are sorry about that

Bram Schot on Twitter
I love this comment. The CEO sounds like he has been eating a lot of humble pie and is starting to understand the problem. Public apologies to individual customers wouldn't happen otherwise.

Reactions: replicant
Through the discussions about vegetarianism this weekend, I don't recall this being discussed:

Tesla Model 3 mass production in Giga 3 to benefit from China's policy update for foreign carmakers

BLUF: China's government basically gave Tesla the pas to start selling and producing vehicles as soon as possible, even as their regulatory approval hasn't gotten completely processed yet.

I think this is fairly significant, and will help the end of the year numbers for GF3. Not only does Tesla not have to wait until the red tape is removed before producing, but it also shows that (more than likely) China will push this approval, or any other regulatory approval to get Tesla up and running as quick as possible.

Through the discussions about vegetarianism this weekend, I don't recall this being discussed:

Tesla Model 3 mass production in Giga 3 to benefit from China's policy update for foreign carmakers

BLUF: China's government basically gave Tesla the pas to start selling and producing vehicles as soon as possible, even as their regulatory approval hasn't gotten completely processed yet.

I think this is fairly significant, and will help the end of the year numbers for GF3. Not only does Tesla not have to wait until the red tape is removed before producing, but it also shows that (more than likely) China will push this approval, or any other regulatory approval to get Tesla up and running as quick as possible.

Please stop polluting this thread with relevant topics!

George Miner on Twitter

“Thank you Elon Musk and everyone at Tesla. Our model 3 was rear ended yesterday by someone going ~65 mph while we were just starting to move with stopped highway traffic. My two kids in the back are completely fine and my wife and I are just a little sore. You saved us”

16F41AFD-7B8D-4618-A1A1-A0FF856D0323.jpeg

44E98CC0-82D5-4F93-A48C-16183963F201.jpeg

Attachments

• 0AFF6969-75A8-403B-BAB4-DCE6D7252787.jpeg
    0AFF6969-75A8-403B-BAB4-DCE6D7252787.jpeg
    656.9 KB · Views: 39
George Miner on Twitter

“Thank you Elon Musk and everyone at Tesla. Our model 3 was rear ended yesterday by someone going ~65 mph while we were just starting to move with stopped highway traffic. My two kids in the back are completely fine and my wife and I are just a little sore. You saved us”

View attachment 429738
View attachment 429737

Looks like there a little of "their" car left over on "our" car.

But thank goodness there hadn't been a gas tank right there!

I have a noise coming from the front suspension on my X, as I have road trips coming up, I'd like to get it checked. I had emailed Tesla service several time, no response, I resorted to phone instead. I was on hold for about 20 minutes before it was answered by Tesla Roadside Assistance (???). They told me that you couldn't call Brussels Service Centre anymore, or email. Instead you have to make an appointment - the first of which was in August, too late. He said to make it anyway and it would initiate the conversation.

Then I texted my usual service guy and he said it's best just to pass by when I want and likely they'll just have a look at it.

I love this company so much, but this is not at all a good way t operate.

Small update - I went to Tesla this morning, test-drive with the technician, agreement that it doesn't sound right and they're keeping the car top check it out. Offer of a loaner, of course (and always Teslas here), but I don't need it as work and home are 10kms from the Service Centre.

So although it might not be obvious to get in contact, when you do engage, the response, in my experience, is always top of the class :cool:

However, this approach might not be so convenient for those you you in the US of A that are living 100's of miles from a SC.

1) Russia doesn't have the rule of law but the rule of Putin. To bypass Constitutional term limits he may become President of a Union State of Russia and Belarus.

2) Russia doesn't belong to the EU. Exporting from Russia to the EU would mean paying 10% tariff into the EU. Savings in shipping isn't worth the effort. Tesla will build GF4 inside EU tariff Fortress. Cheap = Poland. Cheaper = Romania or Bulgaria. Not further East.

3) Russia exports more fossil fuels than Saudi Arabia. They stand to lose the most from Tesla killing fossil fuels and may be one of a handful of countries to benefit from global warming.

Still, there is some demand - I see a fair bit of Teslas with Russian plates here in Finland. Even though there isn't a single service center in Russia, they come to Helsinki for service.

Reactions: UncaNed