Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s think objectively.

What is this major crisis at BMW? Are they in process of filing ch7?
Tesla has also basically lost JB.

Daimler lost one billion on revenues of 42 billion. Tesla lost half billion on 6 billion. Which is better?

When dealing with percentages, going up from the bottom will be much bigger.

See how a half cup can be seen either way?

Super bad comparisons
Today's SP drop puts us back to where we were two weeks ago.
Who cares why are you focused on a 14 day period

I have an idea on how we can help Tesla. TMC consists of the most pro Tesla people out there, that's pretty sharp as a group.

If we identified 3 priorities for Tesla ahead of ER, a mod posts these priorities with TMC on say.com, and we try to vote on at least some as a block, we would have a stronger voice in influencing priorities for Tesla because the block of shares backing these questions would be huge.

The process of coming up with the priorities may cause some debate, but it's to help the cause. Besides, no one is forced to vote if they disagree with all the questions.

Good idea or bad?

Sorry if this has been posted, or is behind a pay wall. It opens for me?

Tesla Is Still On The Right Track

I wasn’t expecting anything rational from Forbes, but thought this article was well researched and well written.

In few words, these guys do a good job of explaining concepts that I’ve only picked up after spending countless hours “studying” here.

I will point friends to it, who might argue false narratives around the Q2 report.

Tesla strategy is not a me too product. Its differentiation and brand pull. It is working so far. Their sales cost is much less than any other competitor. Even in China & EU. It could be different in a few years/quarters - but currently it is not.

Same with SolarCity. Either they make a differentiation (solar roofs) work or they shut it down. No point fighting with others selling a me too product.

Yes but solar retro fit is very important to the mission. I don't know why he would abandon it considering you can easily sell a bundle product with a model 3 and call it "full sustainability portfolio". Not everyone can afford or want the solar roof. I know I couldn't throw away 40k worth of very good tile roof just to spend another 100k on solar roof, that's why I went with solar retro fit.

Love this news from elsewhere on the forums. In my neck of the woods, there is a new supercharger location that's opening. It's a new Wawa, with the 250 kW superchargers. Kicker is - there is no gas station!

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

For those not familiar with Wawa, its one of the biggest gas station / convenience store chains in the US East Coast.

Wawa (company) - Wikipedia

A friggin' Wawa with no gas pumps, only Tesla Superchargers? That's Bullish AF!

Haven’t seen anyone do the math for GF1:

28 GWh / year
- 3 GWh / year for Tesla Energy
= 25 GWh / year for Model 3.

50/50 split of LR and SR = (52 kWh + 78 kWh) / 2 = 65 kWh average. per Model 3.

25 GWh per year / (65 kWh per Model 3 * 52 weeks per year)
= ~7400 Model 3’s / week current production.

Tried to be conservative. Any feedback?
They’re still buying 3rd party cells for TE, but finally having capacity should help TE start getting over a billion in sales per quarter finally. Hope we see at least 600 million in TE in Q3.

• Helpful
Reactions: davecolene0606
Side note: If this post gets at least 20 loves, I will change my awesome avatar per the request of several users here :).
oh-thank-god.png

Yes but solar retro fit is very important to the mission. I don't know why he would abandon it considering you can easily sell a bundle product with a model 3 and call it "full sustainability portfolio". Not everyone can afford or want the solar roof. I know I couldn't throw away 40k worth of very good tile roof just to spend another 100k on solar roof, that's why I went with solar retro fit.
Sure. But that shouldn't require a lot of sales people.

ps : It may be better to get someone else to install solar and collect the commission ;)

An EV apparently exploded and damaged a house in a Montreal suburb. Every article I’ve found just states “ An EV exploded causing damage” but nowhere does it states what brand it was. Of course when I checked it up in comments section, it seems to have been a Hyundai Kona EV....

Can you IMAGINE the headlines had this been a Tesla?!?!?! Every article would have it as the headline, never mind repeating it 10 times in the main body. Stuff like this really pisses me off!!!!

Montreal firefighters investigating after electric vehicle blows up in garage

Firefighters investigating after electric car explodes in Île-Bizard garage

Explosion d'un véhicule électrique dans un garage de L'Île-Bizard | Justice et faits divers

Explosion d’une voiture électrique à L’Île-Bizard: deux résidences interdites d’accès

An EV apparently exploded and damaged a house in a Montreal suburb. Every article I’ve found just states “ An EV exploded causing damage” but nowhere does it states what brand it was. Of course when I checked it up in comments section, it seems to have been a Hyundai Kona EV....

Can you IMAGINE the headlines had this been a Tesla?!?!?! Every article would have it as the headline, never mind repeating it 10 times in the main body. Stuff like this really pisses me off!!!!

Montreal firefighters investigating after electric vehicle blows up in garage

Firefighters investigating after electric car explodes in Île-Bizard garage

Explosion d'un véhicule électrique dans un garage de L'Île-Bizard | Justice et faits divers

Explosion d’une voiture électrique à L’Île-Bizard: deux résidences interdites d’accès

Oh don't worry. Cnbc will cover this story and will mention more about how other cars like Tesla also caught on fire, Elon musk calling people pedo, and sec fining Tesla.

BTW., for all the Fred bashing, let's give credit where credit is due - he noticed something few here on TMC appear to have commented on so far, that there are previously undisclosed low-res images in the Q2 update letter about Tesla's Shanghai progress and the manufacturing lines in particular:

These images are showing a large hydraulic stamping machine being installed, and also industrial robots which I think are possibly part of the body line.

None of the drone videos have captured these details so far, which is not a surprise: this equipment would normally be installed in enclosed, air-conditioned, de-humidified space which drones don't have a view on from the outside.

Impressive progress at GF3 and they are farther ahead in installing production equipment than I thought!

One nit; not hydraulic press. Servo or mechanical servo combo press.