Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Down about $700k from what I put in, $1.5M from the high. The biggest problem are the 2020 Jan 250 calls that are down $500k. DON'T BUY OPTIONS!!! When things were looking good I fed off the excitement here and bought lots of options. They went from looking good to really bad in a hurry.

Ha...take a look at Jan 2020 600 calls...yeah I bought some a while back...they have fallen...um...a lot:confused:

Mod: line in the sand. I moved most of the replies to
Service and communication (out of main)
but left the ones about the dangers of options here. From here on, posts about customer service just get nuked from orbit.
--ggr

PS: Yes, I too lost about $1M over the last year, mostly in options. Still a strong long, deleveraged now. Since the IPO, according to my records, I'm up a few million, but it's mostly sunk into real estate. I have to point out that not all of that was actually TSLA stock/options; the opinions expressed here caused me to get back into AAPL, to get into (and in some cases out of) some other stocks, and taught me a lot. I wish I'd learned about the downside of options a bit sooner, but I was blinded by making a few hundred thousand in one day when (I think it was) Goldman Sachs initiated coverage with a buy and price target well above the current price.

I would have hit "like" button, but I have more to say: I have been thinking this and have occasionally broached the subject here. As I have said before, the level of criminality that these people will go to is directly proportional to the financial pain they are experiencing. That unfortunately, includes actions you have described.

White collar crime isn't punishable by the Legal system. Indeed, it is largely staffed by their appointees who largely seek to improve their standing within that corrupt system. In effect, they are 'mobbed up'. The latest turn of the revolving door at the SEC demonstrates this amply.

That's also WHY white collar criminals have wholly purchased the Media. It's much easier to accuse the victim and make the accusation stick when you control the media narrative. The daily roundtable on CNBC amply demonstrates this.

So what to do? People already enjoy better lifestyles with Tesla products than slow-movers with their antiquated alternatives. Tell your friends. In fact, Show'n'Tell. This gap will continue to widen until it becomes obvious to even the most backwards of conspicuous consumers. Build Gigafactories that make millions of EVs. Build Mega-cubes that make terawatt-hours of battery cells. Convert electricity generation to solar and wind power. Add resilency and solve intermitancy by adding storage to the grid. Make ICE tech as appealing to the next generation as smoking cigarettes is to this one.

Live long and prosper. :D

Last edited:
Down about $700k from what I put in, $1.5M from the high. The biggest problem are the 2020 Jan 250 calls that are down $500k. DON'T BUY OPTIONS!!! When things were looking good I fed off the excitement here and bought lots of options. They went from looking good to really bad in a hurry.

No wonder you're freaking out Tesla didn't buy you a new tire (regardless of the fact you didn't notify them until a week and hundreds of miles of driving)!

There should be an investing 101 class for doctors. Medical school training is not cross-transferable to making good investment decisions and this can leave otherwise good people in a world of pain. No, not the kind of pain you know how to treat with drugs. Hey, I feel your pain and that helps explain your behaviour here but this is not the place for it.

There is still hope for those calls. They can flip from huge loss to huge profit more quickly than it took you to report your flat tire to Tesla.;)

Cameras are not as good as human eyes, even poor ones, as their resolution is poor, the video stream is compressed resulting in artifacts, and CCDs simply don't have the dynamic range of human eyes.
Yet, the car can figure out the lanes better than me at night ;)

ps : Checkout the improvement in night vision that NN can bring. It is literally like day & night ;)

http://cchen156.web.engr.illinois.edu/paper/18CVPR_SID.pdf

LLNN.PNG

Quick update: Tslaq JIN SEO is feeding shoving multiple bitter pills down the dumdums short’s throat, particularly Babycharts :D

Jin SEO on Twitter

This is a welcome move and should stop the deluge of dead sh1tputs from the retail bagholders who are misled by the tinfoils like Babycharts.

Urge you all to read the thread of tweets and replies. Posting an excerpt below... ok, thks, bye :p

Curacao #Tinfoil died today. $POS The list of dead tin foil is vast.

Can't issue shares, executives can't sell, Wells Notice, DOJ, MXWL tender, Curacao, executives can't leave....

You forgot the SOX violation theory, VIN gap...

When a company denies, in writing or on a conference call, you have to give a lot of weight to those responses. Name the provable link to the Curacao entity. The issue with offshore entities is that you have to report them on FBARs (yearly). It's not something you can deny.

The Wells notice was legit until the company denied it on the conf call. It died that day. It died again when they denied it a second time.

If you recall correctly, I said: 1) The tender either completes (it did) 2) They raise the bid to complete the tender 3) They abandon the deal The competing TinFoil was: Bro, they can't get an effective registration (can't issue shares).

One of my posts was deleted.

Your post in the thread Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable was deleted. Reason: As I said in an earlier diatribe...

I've no issues with the post being deleted. But
- I don't know what post was deleted !
- I don't know what topic it was on
- I don't know what was said in an earlier diatribe ...

Suggestion : Pls update all the do's/don't in the first post. This thread moves too quickly for us (atleast me) to read every page. I just pickup from the last couple of pages and go back only if a newer post quotes something that looks interesting.

ps : May be not going forward if this rate keeps up - there are 8 posts in the last 3 hours.

I'm sure Tesla is going to walk into court, and their argument will be some variant of, "This guy's batteries were already degraded; the BMS just wasn't showing it. We fixed the BMS."
No. This “fix” limits the voltage to which cells are charged at 100%. It is not 4.2 V but lower. As you know there’s no “degradation” that limits the maximum voltage. So Tesla artificially limits the voltage. Reason for this is not known.

Cell voltage at full charge dropped from 4.2v to 4.07v. Degradation doesn’t do this. It is artificially limited.

Last edited:

I can tell you right now to just ignore anything that guy writes. I read a few of his articles on Tesla, and I can tell you that it is %100 FUD. He's got a vendetta against EVs and Tesla. He is super-pro fossil fuels. Writes as if he is paid by Big Oil. Seriously. Just ignore him and save yourself a lot of time. You can put him in the same bucket with Anton Whalman.

Quick update: Tslaq JIN SEO is feeding shoving multiple bitter pills down the dumdums short’s throat, particularly Babycharts :D

Beats me though why Elon engaged with Aaron Greenspan in the first place. That guy's going to keep feeding the suggestive questions to Elon and as soon as he stops replying, they'll claim they hit the jackpot and that's where the skeletons are buried.