Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to the CT almost being sold out for the year in Q1? They are sending out invites en masse for almost instant deliveries and non-FS will start next quarter.
It will be interesting to see if there’s an explosion of CT orders and reservation conversions when non-FS goes live. I’m edging towards ordering an FS because I don’t want to wait 2 years.

Is it really any additional 21%, or does the 21% replace the 10%?

Rate will be additional, but the figure is yet to be determined By EU for Tesla (EU commission said tesla MAY receive an individually calculated duty rate) I’m hoping it will be significantly less as the duty is to punish those EV makers that are subsidized by China government.

For context - US currently has a 100% import tax on chinese EVs.

Last edited:
Rate will be additional, but the figure is yet to be determined By EU for Tesla (EU commission said tesla MAY receive an individually calculated duty rate) I’m hoping to will be significantly less as the duty is to punish those EV makers that are subsidized by China government.

For now, 21% is the number on the news. Some cars already have revised their price in my country, ex30 2K more and Smart #1 1K more.

• Helpful
Reactions: Thekiwi
So this came from cousin in China on his take on the current status of smart phones. He said no one buys Samsung here and I have indeed noticed this. I asked why and he said it was due to the Note fire incident.

The Chinese can change sentiment like the wind and the brake failure campaign against Tesla did indeed caused brand damage. This is why they are making every FUD spreader pay reparations unlike FUD spreaders from the US.

10kW Tesla solar is ~$16k after tax credit. Using your number of $200/month or $2400/year, you are getting a 100% safe, risk free 15% return on your investment. The stock market does not provide that. The best 100% safe return you can get now is ~5%.
If I could get solar here for $16k, I'd already have it. The return is more complicated to calculate, because your panels are basically worth zero after 15 years and your shingles need replaced (in Florida good luck making much past 15 years)

You do realize that people can reject the FS and still keep their pre-orders right? It's not reject and you are out of the queue.
You seem confused on the original post. In Q1 Elon said they are almost sold out of Cybertrucks for the year.

That's obviously not the case. You keep jumping around that.

You seem confused on the original post. In Q1 Elon said they are almost sold out of Cybertrucks for the year.

That's obviously not the case. You keep jumping around that.
It's obviously not the case. Order one right now and see how quickly you receive it.

I'll check back in about 3 years

Rate will be additional, but the figure is yet to be determined By EU for Tesla (EU commission said tesla MAY receive an individually calculated duty rate) I’m hoping it will be significantly less as the duty is to punish those EV makers that are subsidized by China government.

US tariffs can be offset by exports. Tesla already exports Model S/X to China, so they could import cars from Shanghai without any penalties or tariffs.

It's obviously not the case. Order one right now and see how quickly you receive it.

I'll check back in about 3 years
I accepted an order on the 11th and pick up next week. Most on here thought they meant they've filled all orders in Q1 as in people confirmed and they aren't sending more invites or accepting new orders. That was obviously a bad interpretation.

I accepted an order on the 11th and pick up next week. Most on here thought they meant they've filled all orders in Q1 as in people confirmed and they aren't sending more invites or accepting new orders. That was obviously a bad interpretation.
First person I've heard of who gets theirs so fast. Ordered the 7th and still no VIN in Los Angeles. Figured there will be a long wait and ordered a 2nd AWD non FS yesterday thinking it'll be 3+ years before I get it

First person I've heard of who gets theirs so fast. Ordered the 7th and still no VIN in Los Angeles. Figured there will be a long wait and ordered a 2nd AWD non FS yesterday thinking it'll be 3+ years before I get it
Go to the CT forum. Anyone ordering white, AWD, AT tires is instantly getting VINs. End of the quarter rush.

TLDR: 4680 is very much alive and kicking, despite some people that suddenly went missing in the past few days saying otherwise. Lower cost than what Tesla was paying a year ago (I'm assuming equivalent cells, so high Nickel ones, NCA and NMC from Panasonic and LG). Order cancelations from other manufacturers drove price way down due to oversupply, path to cost parity with current price by the end of the year, much more details in the post