Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked through those posts.
Looks like the majority of people who got cheaper quotes than their current carriers are those with Geico. Who the heck pays $2-3K/yr for Geico just for a Tesla? Must have a bad driving record.

It’s still more expensive for me compared to my AAA. Also, I noticed you have to make sure the coverage options are adjusted. The new algorithm is also cheaper because Tesla lowered most, if not all, coverage levels by default from the initial algorithm (though still cheaper than originally).

Yep, I matched like-for-like as much as possible. Tesla has some minimums that my progressive policy doesn't, so the Tesla plan covers slightly more, but nothing particularly significant.

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D
Looks like the majority of people who got cheaper quotes than their current carriers are those with Geico. Who the heck pays $2-3K/yr for Geico just for a Tesla? Must have a bad driving record.
Depends on age, sex, marital status, and like real-estate, location, location, location.

First new car I bought, young, male, single and lived in the highest accident area of Philly but no accidents and a clean driving record, was quoted over $4K! Wound up after quotes from several insurance companies around $3.2K a year. This was in 1972... Almost the same price as the car!

Max Pain based on yesterday's close is $220. But after today's price bump, the options activity makes it appear that $225 is the more likely price target for the hedge fund managers and market makers who wrote options expiring today. With trading volume petering out as the session and month wind down, those manipulators may be able to hold the price around $225 into the close.

First new car I bought, young, male, single and lived in the highest accident area of Philly but no accidents and a clean driving record, was quoted over $4K! Wound up after quotes from several insurance companies around $3.2K a year. This was in 1972... Almost the same price as the car!

I think this was a large part of the reason that PA was one of the early ones to adopt "No Fault" insurance. Kudos to Herb Denenberg. He was also one of the early ones to petition for the mandatory inclusion of carbon Monoxide detectors in all cars .... alas unsuccessfully.

Herb Denenberg - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F and madodel
An insurance actuary friend did some digging on tesla insurance. Here are his findings:
1) Insurance is through State National, which is a big name in this industry.
2) Pricing and claim service are outsourced. Tesla acts as an insurance agent in CA to claim 15% commissions.
3) There is autopilot discount in the policy. No tesla specific statistics are being utilized.
4) Other than that, no innovative pricing structure found. similar risk factors and pricing strategy as used by other insurances.
5) Detailed filing of rate algorithm and rate tables to insurance board attached.
6) Page 3 to 37 includes risk factors etc for CA zip codes.
What exposure to claims (particularly 3rd party liability claims/losses) does Tesla retain?

Keeps on improving
upload_2019-8-30_14-48-29.png

It’s still more expensive for me compared to my AAA. Also, I noticed you have to make sure the coverage options are adjusted. The new algorithm is also cheaper because Tesla lowered most, if not all, coverage levels by default from the initial algorithm (though still cheaper than originally).
Geico wants $1200 a year for my car insurance. My homeowners insurance does it for $6xx. My record is spotless.

IMO, currently the downside risk is connected to macros, not TSLA. Not an advice.

The share price moves because of mysterious causes not always apparent, i.e the Tencent and PIF positions built quietly until a filing was required or an investigative (Financial Times) journalist breaks a story. Recently the WMT lawsuit caused a 10% haircut. React quickly in either direction or not at all.

Wow! Elon wasn’t kidding!!!:):):)
Many congrats! What model/options?

When they open the orders - again, hoping it's the same 9/9 date that they open the store! - it'll be AWD white (was going to be black until they changed what comes free!) standard-interior non-FSD with tow. :) I expect this to be a very popular config here.