Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The sooner these old white men are out of power, the better."

Moderator, your inaction has allowed this board to turn into a swamp where ageism, racism and sexism are tolerated.

It's amazing how thin skin the "to the hell with Political Correctness" folks have, who are deriding younger generations as "snowflakes", who are looking down on environmental protections as "tree hugging", who are criticizing a 16 year old girl for daring to be angry that the planet her generation will inherit is being burned down - when the target of criticism is their own entitlements. :D

Last edited:
Acid trip?

"The sooner these old white men are out of power, the better."

Moderator, your inaction has allowed this board to turn into a swamp where ageism, racism and sexism are tolerated.
Moderators are very biased IME. If the same quote had said "the sooner these young Hispanic women (read AOC) are out of power, the better", the post would be immediately removed, and the poster possibly banned. :rolleyes:

Wind sucks.
Sure you don't have that backwards? ;)
Solar plus storage rocks. Greenies should be pushing Nuclear though if they believe in the CAGW theory. It is the only way currently to decarbonize the world economy within 10 years. Although, solar/battery is coming close. Of course, there is that little radioactive storage issue....o_O

I do have a TSLA related question though: Since Elon says that Tesla solar panels are like "printing money", why does Tesla make and charge 7000 battery packs per week using regular grid? Serious question, not trolling.
My guess is they are waiting for real production to start, large-scale, of solar panels at GF2.

Non-crash loss claims for fire. You may want this to mean the cars spontaneously combusted, but it only means what it means: that the cars were lost due to a non-collision fire. Hint: if your house burns down and your car was in the garage you might have a fire loss claim.

"This Highway Loss Data Institute report presents comprehensive noncrash fire losses for passenger vehicles produced in model years 2016–18. Noncrash fire losses represent fire damage to a vehicle not caused by a collision or vandalism."

This is why statistics are good. They average out those "car burnt with house" cases. Or do Tesla S and X owners have higher rate of house fires than other owners? Additionally we can look up many of these cases in the news and can check where the fire came from.

Q3
upload_2019-10-2_13-36-3.png

Wow, out of a hundred thousand or so smart summons made on the first weekend alone, not all of them went perfect, including a person who had another car drive into them), their owners shared videos or stills, and they went viral. Someone call the waaaaaambulance.

Am I the only person on this planet who cares about actual statistical incidence rates over anecdotes? It sometimes feels that way.

To me the number of failures per cars with V10 is already too high. And I don't have exact statistics for this. You can hide behind this sentence and bury your head in the sand. Reasonable guesses however can be made based on the videos and reports.

“In addition, we achieved record net orders in Q3 and are entering Q4 with an increase in our order backlog. As was also the case in Q2, nearly all of our Model 3 orders were received from customers who did not previously hold a reservation, solidifying the transition to generating strong organic demand. We are continuing to focus on increasing production to meet that demand.”