Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worth pointing out that Tesla hit their guidance, which was for higher production and deliveries than Q2.

the negative reaction is entirely due to last weeks internal email pushing the 100k number.

Yeah that email definitely came back to bite us in the behind.

Looking at the numbers, my biggest disappointment is the production. Thought it would have ramped more than it

Total opposite from expectations re Model 3 and S,X numbers. Surprised at Model 3 numbers. At least S,X did not come in under 15k. In my earlier post, I said 15k would have been bad and 20k minimum is preferred, but most folks here had about 16-17k expectations, with Troy and InsideEVs at 15k or less. So, as far as my earlier post goes, maybe I issue a semi- mea culpa, or say that to be determined. If Q4 can come in at 20k at least, then we are on a better trajectory.

One would assume that a miss o 2k wouldn't send the stock down the drain, but with TSLA everything is always the worst option.

The only thing that's "worrying" to me is that is very difficult to believe Tesla guidance of 360-400k. Why say so if you are struggling to meet the lower end? Maynbe GF3 will help Q4 with few K.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman and kbM3
Wind sucks. Solar plus storage rocks. Greenies should be pushing Nuclear though if they believe in the CAGW theory. It is the only way currently to decarbonize the world economy within 10 years. Although, solar/battery is coming close. Of course, there is that little radioactive storage issue....o_O

A myopic focus on nuclear is a surefire way to ensure we don't decarbonize the world economy in 10 years. Exhibit A: Vogtle nuclear plant Units 3 & 4, on which work began in 2005, is unlikely to be in operation even by 2022.

Investing in new nuclear is a great way to delay the energy transition.

Damn Elon - without that "leaked" email - the 97,000 would be a TOTAL beat and shock to everyone. I mean, the consensus was around 88,000 before the leak. That would have been a 9k beat. Instead, the consensus was 99k so it was a 2k miss instead.

What was achieved be sending that email? Someone please tell me!!

Now we'll have to endure another 759 articles about how Tesla never meets is estimates, always falls short.

Why continue to give the haters and shorts ammunition? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!