Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the positive highlights:
- Very small gap between production and delivery.
- Model 3 Production increase from Q2.
- S/X weren't as bad as many expected.

Other highlights:
  • "In addition, we achieved record net orders in Q3 and are entering Q4 with an increase in our order backlog."
  • "As was also the case in Q2, nearly all of our Model 3 orders were received from customers who did not previously hold a reservation, solidifying the transition to generating strong organic demand."
  • "We are continuing to focus on increasing production to meet that demand."
They are at 6.1k/week production with the Model 3 and 1.3k S/X.

Once China reaches 3k/week that's a combined production rate of 10.4k/week.

Anyone blaming Elon for anything at this point...is simply not thinking straight.

Record quarter. Will have another record next quarter. Yet another for 1Q 2020? Too soon to tell.
Q1 2020 will not be a record quarter. Elon already warned us it'll be a rough quarter last ER call. So don't go blaming Tesla and Elon again.

97k is a very round number. and Tesla agrees "In the third quarter, we achieved record production of 96,155 vehicles and record deliveries of approximately 97,000 vehicles."

I expect a different number in the Q3 report.

Hopefully it’ll be 97,001 cars delivered and not 96,999; otherwise, hold onto your seatbelts because we’ll get hammered with another $12 drop whipping out billions in market cap

97?
99?
100?

Who cares...

I mean some people are trading on small percentage variances at this point.

TSLA is making a whole lot of Teslas each quarter.

I see more and more of them everywhere.

That is what matters.

They just keep on coming.

Whether it is +/- 5000 is irrelevant at the volume they are at.

TSLA long.

It's obvious. Still.

Indeed. Trading Tesla shares based on minor deviations from quarterly delivery expectations is ludicrous. The true value of Tesla is what it can accomplish while in the process of innovatively disrupting established industries over the next several years. Much of today's after hours trading is undoubtedly due to algobots that were programmed to react to the delivery report, and have not been programmed to consider future potential. I'd expect human (especially institutional) traders to adjust for this tomorrow.

Q1 2020 will not be a record quarter. Elon already warned us it'll be a rough quarter last ER call. So don't go blaming Tesla and Elon again.

I think Musk was talking about the balance sheet in Q1, not so much deliveries. It was said in the context of profitability because Tesla will have significant expenses with the ramp of China production. But, yeah, Q1 is typically the weakest quarter for auto sales across the industry, this is expected.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
One would assume that a miss o 2k wouldn't send the stock down the drain, but with TSLA everything is always the worst option.

The only thing that's "worrying" to me is that is very difficult to believe Tesla guidance of 360-400k. Why say so if you are struggling to meet the lower end? Maynbe GF3 will help Q4 with few K.

That's only 105k. 7k more. Even with no improvements at Fremont - and remember, production increased over the course of this quarter, so it's already at a higher baseline - that'd be a bit over 500/wk average at GF3. I don't think they'll have any trouble at all.

17K Raven S/X sounds pretty good to me

Agreed. It's been nice watching European S/X deliveries switching from overwhelmingly inventory to overwhelmingly Raven.

Again, bad for FCF, but good for net income.

To me the number of failures per cars with V10 is already too high. And I don't have exact statistics for this. You can hide behind this sentence and bury your head in the sand. Reasonable guesses however can be made based on the videos and reports.
Any product (whether it’s a car, a smartphone, or a jar of pickles) which is used not according — or even contrary — to the instructions provided by the manufacturer has an increased chance of failing. Nothing that I’ve seen online in terms of the behaviour of cars on Advanced Summon gave me pause. Some of the choices of owners of $40k - $100k cars in what they try to do with those cars, however, did. We are an entitled society currently, we hate taking responsibility for our own actions and we love to complain even when the fault is entirely ours.