Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really odd stock movement today and without any doubt manipulation on a high level. The more important questions is if this was wasted money as more people realize numbers are indeed without a doubt positive and we may see more buying pressure tomorrow. Don't exclude them to through all in tomorrow to control the move as since a while I believe this is not just hedge funds and shorts but oil&gas funds.

Even at the close the manipulators managed to keep it under $300 (but just barely). Because I was looking at trades time stamped 4pm for over $300. In my experience, the 4pm time stamp is usually the closing trade. But these manipulators have a way to slide their trade reporting in after the bell (and have it recognized as the closing trade). It's disgusting and NASDAQ needs to clean it up. But that's probably like asking the coyote to guard the henhouse.

Given what I saw with the trading today, I have to think they will use everything they have to keep it under $300, through Friday and maybe into Monday. Whether they can or not depends upon the buying pressure. In any case, I do see $310-$320 or more within two or three weeks, barring any big negative news.

Another thought: Investors who have stayed out of Tesla waiting for the kind of confirmation we got yesterday that Tesla can actually sell large numbers of EV's at a profit, those investors are inherently cautious. They are the least likely to jump in the day after this kind of confirmation is revealed to them. They want the trading to settle down and stabilize so they can be confident they are not going to start out 10% in the hole.

We can expect a lot of consistent buying demand throughout the quarter that we didn't have last quarter. And in hindsight, the share price strength going into this quarter's report was likely the manipulators loading up on shares on the cheap so they could cap the gains of a good Q3 report. It has the effect of TSLA always being priced at least one quarter behind when on a bull run and priced far too low when TSLA or the market as a whole is correcting. The down moves are immediate, the up moves are priced ~ a quarter behind. Normally I would stay away from a stock like that but, ironically, this means it's always "value-priced" considering the potential. Even when it eventually runs up in a big way, it will still be value priced. One day the manipulators will be soundly defeated and we will get those delayed gains as well.

Bollinger just figured this out and others have as well.

Bollinger didn't just figure this out. Bollinger never had/has any intention of directly competing with Tesla.

Tesla sells Apple Watches while Bollinger plans to sell Rolexes.

3Dashboard.jpg

Bollinger will never even offer adaptive cruise control much less full self drive.

It is a very niche market. People that love anachronistic design that want no part of mine-burn economy.

When I ordered a couple years ago I noticed they were using Salesforce for their CRM. Many consider Salesforce the market leader...but having worked on Salesforce instances the past 11 years there are many ways to do it wrong. I wouldn't know what the situation is with Tesla's instance but I have overheard employees complaining about it so I'd imagine there's plenty room for improvement.

I've never seen a software system employees didn't complain about. It doesn't matter if it's a point-of-sale system in a restaurant, a word processor in a small office or a database in a huge corporation. If an employee has to use it, they are going to complain about how it works.

They are 104,439 short of 360,000.
They need to pick up deliveries by 7,253, or 7%, over Q3.
If they start production this month at Shanghai, I doubt that will be a problem. Also the good publicity stemming from the success of the 3rd qtr. will also help increase confidence and sales in the US and other markets... if they can get past doorhandlegate that is.

Bollinger didn't just figure this out. Bollinger never had/has any intention of directly competing with Tesla.

Tesla sells Apple Watches while Bollinger plans to sell Rolexes.

3Dashboard.jpg

If that's a Rolex, and the Tesla is the Apple Watch, I'll pay extra for the Apple Watch!

The Rolex looks like a death trap in any frontal accident. No air bags and hard surfaces everywhere. It's like going backward 40 years!

Quite frankly everyone should have the tool in both the front and back of their cars.

Florida In particular:
with the abundance of canals, lakes and with water everywhere in Florida EVERYONE there should have the products that combine the ability to cut restraints plus break glass.

In my Xs, I have 6–two per row (driver and passenger sides).
Teslas have extra hard glass though, and I'm pretty sure several different window materials. Have you tested these devices on each glass window to make sure they will work in an emergency?

• Funny
Reactions: ccook
Didn't the democratic governmentg gave Tesla a life line during the recession?

Every American Automaker that ever existed has actually gone bankrupt except for two. Ford and Tesla.

Can you guess how long it will be before Tesla is the only one that never went bankrupt? That will be sweet irony on the shorts.

Teslas have extra hard glass though, and I'm pretty sure several different window materials. Have you tested these devices on each glass window to make sure they will work in an emergency?

Window breaking tools work on all modern auto glass. Perhaps not on bulletproof glass.

The extra strong glass on a Model 3 is on the roof. It just has a thicker plastic laminate in the middle of the two thin and lightweight panes of glass. This gives it some moderate sound damping compared to cheaper glass.

If that's a Rolex, and the Tesla is the Apple Watch, I'll pay extra for the Apple Watch!

The Rolex looks like a death trap in any frontal accident. No air bags and hard surfaces everywhere. It's like going backward 40 years!
You'll generally pay LESS for the Apple Watch. A fully loaded X costs just a hair above a Bollinger B1, at 125,000
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.03.15 PM.png

TSLAQ are more like flat earthers - never had a legitimate piece of evidence to stand on in the first place, and whenever you state obvious facts to disprove one of their stupid theories they just shout “fraud” and/or invent a new even more absurd theory.
And then after they make a stupid reply they then block you so you can't see it. They are pathetic yet evil.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Even at the close the manipulators managed to keep it under $300 (but just barely). Because I was looking at trades time stamped 4pm for over $300. In my experience, the 4pm time stamp is usually the closing trade. But these manipulators have a way to slide their trade reporting in after the bell (and have it recognized as the closing trade). It's disgusting and NASDAQ needs to clean it up. But that's probably like asking the coyote to guard the henhouse.

Given what I saw with the trading today, I have to think they will use everything they have to keep it under $300, through Friday and maybe into Monday. Whether they can or not depends upon the buying pressure. In any case, I do see $310-$320 or more within two or three weeks, barring any big negative news.

Another thought: Investors who have stayed out of Tesla waiting for the kind of confirmation we got yesterday that Tesla can actually sell large numbers of EV's at a profit, those investors are inherently cautious. They are the least likely to jump in the day after this kind of confirmation is revealed to them. They want the trading to settle down and stabilize so they can be confident they are not going to start out 10% in the hole.

We can expect a lot of consistent buying demand throughout the quarter that we didn't have last quarter. And in hindsight, the share price strength going into this quarter's report was likely the manipulators loading up on shares on the cheap so they could cap the gains of a good Q3 report. It has the effect of TSLA always being priced at least one quarter behind when on a bull run and priced far too low when TSLA or the market as a whole is correcting. The down moves are immediate, the up moves are priced ~ a quarter behind. Normally I would stay away from a stock like that but, ironically, this means it's always "value-priced" considering the potential. Even when it eventually runs up in a big way, it will still be value priced. One day the manipulators will be soundly defeated and we will get those delayed gains as well.

Your posts make me bullish AF.

Hey! Here's some icing on today's cake. Latest short figures have just been released, and short interest INCREASED by 1.1 million shares since the last reporting period. 37.18 million shares were shorted as of 10/15 settlement.

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Short Interest

The stock has been pretty stable and thinly traded since 10/15 (until today of course)...so assuming no net covering, those 1.1 million shorts were already underwater by about $50 million this morning.

Didn't the democratic governmentg gave Tesla a life line during the recession?

Ummm, no. Get your facts straight.

The ATVM program was established in 2007, primarily to help legacy automakers to develop alternative fueled vehicles. Tesla just simply applied for a loan from an existing program.

Mercedes Benz saved Tesla, with a $50million investment at the 11th hr, and they profitted handsomely ($1B !!) from it.

Window breaking tools work on all modern auto glass. Perhaps not on bulletproof glass.

The extra strong glass on a Model 3 is on the roof. It just has a thicker plastic laminate in the middle of the two thin and lightweight panes of glass. This gives it some moderate sound damping compared to cheaper glass.

You can't shatter laminated glass, only tempered (or not tempered, but hopefully your car does not have that).
Some Car Windows Are Harder to Break in an Emergency, Says AAA

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
I've never seen a software system employees didn't complain about. It doesn't matter if it's a point-of-sale system in a restaurant, a word processor in a small office or a database in a huge corporation. If an employee has to use it, they are going to complain about how it works.

OT.
This is my career. Custom business software, with client facing and staff facing interaction. Employees make suggestions to improve the software. We implement. The job is never finished.
More expensive than off-the-shelf, but you avoid that ‘blame the system’ mentality. People love it when you reduce their drudge chores to a click.