Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, we will see how this plays out. How the insurance companies approach this massive liability.
Insurance companies will make out like bandits with FSD. Actual losses will decrease substantially, faster than any reduction in rates. If you can get 20% of the fleet with Teslas or the like FSD you'll see accident rates falling quickly.

Reactions: jerry33
He meant that Model y won't cannibalize model 3 because 3 buyers want a sedan not a hatchback. At least if I understood his posts. The larger question was would Y cannibalize M3s.
Yeah, and I think that was a poor question by that analyst. The past has shown that the newer Model 3 may have taken some potential Model S sales. So going forward, the issue is if the Model Y will take Model X sales, not Model 3. That was a poorly formed idea, now I'm wondering if its deliberate misdirection or usual incompetence on the part of the analyst. :confused:

Well, one targeted an honest person.

I don't care whether it was about an honest person or a person who deliberately spreads FUD; joking about someone you don't like dying because they got bad news would be terrible. I deleted it for the obvious reason that a greater-than-zero number of people were interpreting it that way.

(But I'm still mystified as to how people here think that dead people can give interviews.)

Wow. I'm in shock that it's not instantly obvious (it's based on a nearly identical article about Zuckerberg and Facebook that people have been sharing widely and getting a kick out of), and I ran it by multiple people before posting it anywhere, but since it's apparently not obvious for some reason, I'll remove it.
Different cultures with different humor, I guess. FWIW I like it. But then, I'm german ... not sure I'm qualified.

Except in the situations where you don't want the door removed? What if you are in a tree without a seat belt and when the door blows you fall on to a pile of rocks below killing you. Sure most of the time having the door fall off might be good, but not all of the time.
My opinion a crazy solution. Explosive bolts, what harm could happen? I mean compare to airbags firing off and killing people. So much glass in cars better solution to break for door that are locked and occupants not able to unlock or doors damaged in crash unable to open. Perhaps whole body can be fitted with explosive bolts that would avoid the need for “jaws of life” that are used to liberate passengers from wrecks too. In my opinion just as practical

I don't care whether it was about an honest person or a person who deliberately spreads FUD; joking about someone you don't like dying because they got bad news would be terrible. I deleted it for the obvious reason that a greater-than-zero number of people were interpreting it that way.

(But I'm still mystified as to how people here think that dead people can give interviews.)

I didn't interpret it that way. I just believe that TSLAQ twitterverse would, and could use it for fuel. Some intentionally misinterpreting it, some legitimately not getting it, because that group is both evil and stupid.

Yeah, and I think that was a poor question by that analyst. The past has shown that the newer Model 3 may have taken some potential Model S sales. So going forward, the issue is if the Model Y will take Model X sales, not Model 3. That was a poorly formed idea, now I'm wondering if its deliberate misdirection or usual incompetence on the part of the analyst. :confused:
I'd suggest that most of the M3 cannibalization was from the S 75, which was mainly purchased due to the price. I doubt anyone who purchased an S 100 would have purchased a 3.

There are shorts that short for financial gain, and there are shorts that short as a business expense. Does the magnitude of covering we will see today give a hint as to which group has a heavier hand in shorting TSLA?
I doubt it because they need to recoup some of the 75% loss yesterday. Both groups should be active but the split is whatever your imagination can imagine.