Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"summer" could be later in the year than June. No need to set ourselves up for potential disappointment of "missed" time frames, I'd rather treat "summer" as pessimistically as possible and be pleasantly surprised :)

Being overly pessimistic is acceptable only if you know you can't invest (or invest more) due to not having enough money or already having a position size that shouldn't be increased under any situation.

I try hard to not fool myself but to be as realistic as possible. Because, using TSLA as an example, if you don't see early positive developments in time, you won't be able to capitalize on them. I have missed many lucrative opportunities in my lifetime by not being positive enough.

BTW, speaking of doors getting jammed in accidents, I was wondering if maybe this is somewhere that Tesla could innovate, too. Taking SpaceX's experience with explosive bolts, they could have the door hinges and latching mechanisms physically sever themselves in an accident if the impact force/speed is great enough. Possibly even preemptively, and with a bit of a kick to make sure that the door moves out before the frame deforms in a way that could wedge it in.
SpaceX uses very few, if any, explosive bolts. They aren't re-usable, you know...

I have very little love lost for Ms. Lopez`s work and am normally OK with a really wide spectrum of humor, but I don`t think we should be joking with anyone`s death. (I assume this was an attempt at satire based on how she may get a heart attack because of the TSLA price action)

I have very little love lost for Ms. Lopez`s work and am normally OK with a really wide spectrum of humor, but I don`t think we should be joking with anyone`s death. (I assume this was an attempt at satire based on how she may get a heart attack because of the TSLA price action)

Um... no?

The headline and premise automatically sets up a contradiction (dead people can't give interviews denying fake news), thus automatically defining it as the fake news that is being denied.

I'm actually rather mortified that a person could look at that and not immediately see the contradiction that automatically falsifies the premise, and instead see it as an attempt to joke about someone dying because they got bad news - which is something that I would never do.

Last edited:

^ this. there's no reason to give this kind of ammo to the opposition. it's very easy to spin this as taking glee from the idea of someone you disagree with dying, and it could be portrayed as classless and deranged. i know it wasn't meant that way, but in my opinion this joke was a bad idea.

If the severe collision is considered "done" and the vehicle is stationary, the door should be detached, just like it's unlocked at present, because at that point, the goal is to get the occupants out of the vehicle.

Except in the situations where you don't want the door removed? What if you are in a tree without a seat belt and when the door blows you fall on to a pile of rocks below killing you. Sure most of the time having the door fall off might be good, but not all of the time.

Reactions: mongo
Except in the situations where you don't want the door removed? What if you are in a tree without a seat belt and when the door blows you fall on to a pile of rocks below killing you. Sure most of the time having the door fall off might be good, but not all of the time.
That sounds exactly the same as the argument against having seatbelts.

^ this. there's no reason to give this kind of ammo to the opposition. it's very easy to spin this as taking glee from the idea of someone you disagree with dying, and it's going to come across as classless and deranged. i know it wasn't meant that way, but in my opinion this joke was a bad idea.

Wow. I'm in shock that it's not instantly obvious (it's based on a nearly identical article about Zuckerberg and Facebook that people have been sharing widely and getting a kick out of), and I ran it by multiple people before posting it anywhere, but since it's apparently not obvious for some reason, I'll remove it.