Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solar Roof v3 might just stick it to Cynic Thanos ..

If they announce a partnership with a major homebuilder - Lennar, D.R. Horton, PulteGroup, Toll Brothers, etc - Monday will make today look bearish. ;)

... wait a minute. PulteGroup? Bill Pulte? The Twitter philanthropy guy? Hmm...

Bill Pulte on Twitter

upload_2019-10-25_17-52-34.png

Nah, probably just a coincidence :)

Last edited:
You joined in 2012 but your cost basis is $240? Doesn't compute.

I only started buying the stock a year ago. It’s the only one in my portfolio. Initial goal was 100. I’ve reached 1,000 now, way more than I envisioned but will full conviction. I will sell them at $4000, but unfortunately my broker platform doesn’t accept that sell order yet. :rolleyes:

Elon said that he hopes to make a $21,000 Tesla by the year 2021. Not sure where and when I heard him say that.
Elon gave this reponse to the first question asked at the June 2018 AGM:

It's a ~$25K car meant to compete in the small hatchback segment, potentially available by 2024. Subsequently, Elon has tweeted that Tesla is forming an engineering development team in China to work on a new car design. It makes sense that that would be the Model 2 team, since China and SE Asia would be its biggest market.

I assume that most potential model 3 buyers will switch to Y. I have a hard time forecasting what the transition at the factory looks like. So Tesla hits the 1000/wk rate for the model Y in June. Is there still demand for 6000 M3 in June? Are buyers in June purchasing the 3 or waiting for a Y?

If Fremont was completely flexible they would shift all 3 production to Y for six months. If the optimal theoretical strategy is 7000Y/wk, then the actual strategy they will try to implement is as fast of a ramp to Y as possible.

The big unknown is how fast 3 sale drop next year.

My take:

Model Y is very appealing. I tried to put a chair in our model 3. For a half hour. (I learn slowly). I had to go back and get my model S. This is a deal killer for some.

Model 3 is very appealing. The four most important metrics for an EV are (in my opinion): price, performance, range, and speed of charge. Model 3 wins all four against the model Y.

The better comparisons to me are Model 3 versus V6 Camry, high end Accord, BMW 3 series, Mercedes, Audi, etc. In my opinion Model 3 crushes them.

The better Model Y comparison is with all the small and medium sized CUV’s. The comparison will be even more lopsided, in my opinion. The performance and cost per mile should cause the industry leaders to shudder.

edit: wording

If they announce a partnership with a major homebuilder - Lennar, D.R. Horton, PulteGroup, Toll Brothers, etc - Monday will make today look bearish. ;)

... wait a minute. PulteGroup? Bill Pulte? The Twitter philanthropy guy? Hmm...

Bill Pulte on Twitter

View attachment 469948

Nah, probably just a coincidence :)
Is he adding Nema-14-50s to garages in all the homes he is building? Sooner or later, what you describe is coming. I'm thinking of rentals first. Young people (I'm 39 so relative to me) are obsessed with EVs and Tesla. Even if they don't have one, or aren't likely to own one in the near term, having access to chargers/solar/etc. on new homes and rentals will be a huge marketing point.

NOPE ..... I will however, consider giving them some scraps when I see them on the street begging for food ..... I'll consider it ... won't do it but at least I'll think about it. :)

Oh, come on! Have some heart. Because without hope, they have nothing.

That's why I always carry a couple of rubber biscuits in my pocket to hand out. ;)

When tsla stock gets beaten down, tslaq members can come here and gloat to get their satisfaction. We stood by our conviction, admit our mistakes and grind through.

When tsla bull gets proven right and you go to tslaq twitter to gloat. There's crickets. They runaway and disappear into thin air.

Two very different type of characters.

Aston Martin offered a passenger-side ejection seat in the 60s.

That Aston Martin ejection seat came with the following fine print:

[*] This Goldfinger Ejection Seat Limited Warranty does not cover product use in tunnels, parking houses and on deep forest roads. Do not eject when unsure of car orientation. All pictures shown in the movie are for illustration purposes only.

I think you missed the first line - $308 was the ACB until a few months ago. For what it's worth, I also joined in 2012, and my cost basis is near that too, at least according to my accounts. Several cases of pre-earnings jitters caused me to hop in and out over the years. I might have finally learned my lesson after being fooled thrice?

I see. Again, mistake of using my own circumstances to estimate others.

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
Is he adding Nema-14-50s to garages in all the homes he is building? Sooner or later, what you describe is coming. I'm thinking of rentals first. Young people (I'm 39 so relative to me) are obsessed with EVs and Tesla. Even if they don't have one, or aren't likely to own one in the near term, having access to chargers/solar/etc. on new homes and rentals will be a huge marketing point.
I hope they all standardize on bigger garages (for all the powerwalls at least). How is my Tesla Truck going to fit in there I wonder?

When tsla stock gets beaten down, tslaq members can come here and gloat to get their satisfaction. We stood by our conviction, admit our mistakes and grind through.

When tsla bull gets proven right and you go to tslaq twitter to gloat. There's crickets. They runaway and disappear into thin air.

Two very different type of characters.

They may 'sound' like quiet crickets but most are cockroaches...running when the light turns on.....

The better Model Y comparison is with all the small and medium sized SUV’s. The comparison will be even more lopsided, in my opinion. The performance and cost per mile should cause the industry leaders to shudder.
It's not even close. 2nd highest trim level of the Highlander, which is the gold standard for small/mid SUVs right now.

Adding security and a few features, it's at 46k. Missing many of the Tesla wizardry (and cool factor) and getting 26 gallons to a mile on the highway. Hybrid version is like 3k more and gets you a whopping 28mpg highway, 30 city. Compare this to the AWD Model Y. The Y will be faster, less maintenance, get 100+ MPG, and autopilot, access to FSD etc. On top of all that, how many Dads out there are reluctant to drive around the Dad mobile (I owned a 2017 Highlander myself, fine car but not exactly cool) but would jump at the chance to own the Tesla version? Oh, and it's far safer.

The model Y is going to make ,model 3 sales seem quaint (at least in the US).
upload_2019-10-25_13-7-41.png

No WASH issues?
Those shares were sold from an IRA brokerage account.

Attachments

• highlander.JPG
    highlander.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 36