Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being from Germany myself I know the problem - but have the impression that it usually happens in large cities that were bombed during the final stages of the war. Unlikely that there would be many bombs left in a forest - the site is far enough outside of Berlin to be affected IMHO.

Three Germans discussing in this US forum all the ammunition the Air Force dropped in WWII around Berlin and lef not exploding ;)

Seriously a small not really nice forest will be cut down to build GF4 and Elon already said the will reforest it but it would be a big surprise if not at least one Bomb will be found on that ground maybe more as well as all the weapons soldiers did throw away in forests and lakes in the last days of that tragic disaster.

• Helpful
Reactions: capster
LOL. That's definitely weirder than my dream about a week ago, where the truck was revealed to be a shape-shifting vehicle. I then astutely asked Elon, "Does my reality shift based on the vehicle's form, or does the vehicle inhabit my reality?" END SCENE

upload_2019-11-14_15-19-28.png

Example of local media bias - notably pro-EV but anti-Tesla. I think this stems from a bit of class warfare that we have going on in SF/Bay Area, and Tesla is seen as being made by the 1% for the 1%. I think this is the same psychology that leads to Tesla being mentioned in articles about accidents, in the same way Porsche was mentioned a few days ago, i.e., "A rich person/their car did something bad!"

How you can promote EVs and discuss their attributes while completely omitting the attributes of the BEST-SELLING one is beyond me.

What I've learned from owning an electric vehicle in San Francisco for a year

Gotta love TSLA "news" CNBC chooses to this on the front page of their app. "Credit Suisse says [Tesla is almost done].". Laughable.

Watching the Disney+ rollout in contrast to Tesla's major announcements has been a stark confirmation of what we've been saying for years. Disney being in the media/advertising boys club affords them guaranteed positive spin from the entire media complex.

They essentially guaranteed themselves 10M+ "subscribers" by opening up a dozen avenues to free trials. All they had left was the technical execution, which they completely bungled. Zero actual good news, it's spun as "Demand crashed the platform!", and the stock is at ATH.

Must be nice.

Buy a lottery ticket!!! That day could come sooner than you think!
I think buying lottery tickets grants you instant access into that club. ;)
*goes back to playing with options :oops:

Example of local media bias - notably pro-EV but anti-Tesla. I think this stems from a bit of class warfare that we have going on in SF/Bay Area, and Tesla is seen as being made by the 1% for the 1%. I think this is the same psychology that leads to Tesla being mentioned in articles about accidents, in the same way Porsche was mentioned a few days ago, i.e., "A rich person/their car did something bad!"

How you can promote EVs and discuss their attributes while completely omitting the attributes of the BEST-SELLING one is beyond me.

What I've learned from owning an electric vehicle in San Francisco for a year
That's really confusing because isn't half the city 1% by now?

Yes, I do. First, it's not like the majors are starting at ground zero right now. They already have programs well underway and both companies have produced various EVs. But more than anything, the major auto makers have tons of money to throw at the problem and tons of experience in making cars. Look at the troubles Tesla had trying to ramp up production of the model 3. The difference is if GM or BMW have a delay in ramping production of a new model, they have no fear of running out of money and going out of business... in fact, GM did have a similar issue with the Bolt, slow getting out of the gate. Things seem to be going smoothly with the model 3 factory in china so that bodes well. We'll see how well the model Y comes online.
Nokia did produce smart phones. So did Sony. Apple hasn't reached Nokia's phone delivery record till today. So what? What is Nokia's number now?

With all those debt and pension obligations and Razer thin margins further pressured by Tesla, and writing down coming for engine production facilities, where the money to develop EVs comes from? Tesla has shown their extreme agility from the tent GA line to GF3. As Tesla shorts correctly pointed out, no Auto manufacturers ever achieved similar.

This is getting old and the topic belongs to 5 years ago and apparently you can't be bothered to read the repeated debunking that happens on this very thread and just repeating the same nonsense almost verbatim.

You are more than welcome to short Tesla and more than enough people here would be happy to facilitate your trade and take money from you as we have done repeatedly.

Guys, things are getting weird.

I just dreamed that Elon revealed the cyber truck, and then he trotted out some hybrid giraffe / teletubbie with cab on the head.
It's pretty clear what your favorite SP target is....

;)

have you seen Audi's CyberPunk?

Audi makes great commercials, meh cars.

Hedge funds are such a great racket to be in. People invest in them expecting to lose their money most of the time. So it's really easy to get your terrible investment decisions excused.

About 10 years ago, I met a VP of an university. I asked him what does he do, he said he is in charge of the endowment fund, and he just gave it to five hedge funds to manage. I knew that approach was not smart, so I suggested "Why not buy Berkshire Hathaway, it's like a great money manager managing for you without fees." He said Berkshire can drop $1000 in a day, that's too scary." (BRK's earning power more than quadrupled since then). That shows how little they know about investment.

Hedge fund industry collectively is a big scam. Out of 10,000 hedge funds, very few are competent. Collectively they underperform index by 5% per year. It's mathematically impossible to beat index in the long run when they charge 2+20%. They couldn't beat index even before fees are applied.

Compounding at 5% per year and 10% per year can make a big difference.
$1 billion compounding at 5% a year for 40 years turns into $7 billion (hedge funds)
$1 billion compounding at 10% a year for 40 years turns into $45 billion (index)