Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone convert this to a youtube video? I know Tesla doesn't market, but if it did, this would be it.

It needs to look something like this. Corvette going hard, making loud noises. Model S with 2 kids and 2 dogs, stuffed to the brim quietly zipping past.

tenor.gif

The impeachment hearings ?

Nope it's the sun - flares are in high activity today.

Solar flares are monitored by AI trading computers and are seen as a risk to technology stocks in case of a blackout scenario. (Lol, just made that up, but that is a real shot of today's sun and the flares go along with the spots generally.)

11-19-2019 9-41-56 AM.png

my official Tesla truck prediction:

The Cybertruck is going to balance gyroscopically on a single gigantic wheel, and the passenger compartment will be at its center. it will have two hauling beds, one on each side of the passenger compartment. It has 4 rows (seats 11), and passengers enter the cabin via an all-glass bulletproof elevator. no steering wheel, dashboard, or screen. All imagery will be fed directly into the brains of the occupants via a wireless neurolink connection. No battery pack. All Cybertrucks will be powered wirelessly by energy bounced off of the ionosphere by an enormous Tesla Tower Elon has secretly constructed at the North Pole. Also supports playing MP3s via USB stick.

I agree, although I'm not convinced they'll use bulletproof glass for the elevator; I'm leaning towards perspex for cost-cutting considerations...

Exactly what I've been thinking. Stock went down on the Y reveal as well, and all I hear on this thread is how great the Truck will be and how the stock should just take off. Except this is all based on subjective assessment until they're actually out on the roads. Like the Vanna White phenomenon, many will be disappointed in it's looks once revealed. I think it will be about the nose.
Model Y reveal was designed to be lame and muted to prevent taking sales from Model 3, even Musk admitted so.

Last edited:
Model Y reveal was designed to be lame and muted to prevent taking sales of Model 3, even Musk admitted so.

I’ve heard Elon say in many interviews that People’s minds will be blown during the truck reveal, but then again, he described the Model X 2nd row seats to be like a museum, so I don’t expect much.

If Tim’s message to his fellow shorts is that if TSLA roars to $370, then he’s out. Now imagine that if you’re a short. One of your most ardent leader is capitulating on television, conceding that he may have lost, and his body language (leg shaking) says it all. I wonder if this is a self fulfilling prophecy where Tim’s fellow shorts start to think, I’m not waiting till $370 to bail, I’m bailing now before you do, Tim. I wonder if this has anything to do with today’s price action? The short thesis is crumbling so fast that CNBC did a short covering segment 101 for its viewers. WOW!
If Tim bought puts they're probably near enough worthless now that there is no point in selling them.

Reactions: StealthP3D
this will be the initial wave of headlines. hopefully, the actual featureset is revolutionary enough that some of those features can push through and make a few headlines of their own, but i guarantee you there will be an absolute glut of headlines and talking heads based out of NYC insisting that the Cybertruck is too ugly / crazy / quirky to sell in the midwest.
I agree.

But those talking heads won't realise Tesla doesn't even need the Cybertruck to be succesful.

Tesla will win the war just on Model Y and 3 alone. Pickup-truck is just icing on the cake :cool:

Model Y reveal was designed to be lame and muted to prevent taking sales of Model 3, even Musk admitted so.

You just ruined my theory, that makes too much sense actually. Ok, new plan... just hold.

I wasn't going to sell because even if we see a truck dip on the news, Q4 is nearing and so whatever it was with the truck will be only in the backs of people's minds in short order - as yet another big feather for momentum.

Longs should have a slogan here. "Just Hold" is my vote (or maybe "Just Hold On").

Four possibilities:
- News we haven't seen yet
- Short covering (would be retail shorts as a big player would get out more elegantly)
- Accumulation (also seems too fast for a big player)
- Interest in higher priced call options and MM's already adjusting for Friday

Any other guesses?

I assume you are talking about today's positive move in TSLA shares.

News we haven't seen yet? Trading on non-public information is illegal. Yes, it happens but I don't think that's what's at play right now.

Short covering? Definitely some of this. But I don't know why you believe a big player can always unwind their short position in a "more elegant" fashion. Please explain. Because sometimes there are no "elegant" ways to close out a large short position.

Accumulation? Yes, definitely some of this. But I don't know why you try to compartmentalize big/small players. Everyone plays in the same marketplace and their effects are additive - you can't really separate out the individual players.

MM's adjusting for Friday? Yes, some of this because that always happens with rising prices.

I don't know that it's productive to try to guess all the individual mechanisms of a general, non-sudden, change in price like TSLA shares are going through. I can never "know" any of this stuff with any certainty so I prefer to analyze it from the overview perspective (all effects rolled up together).

It looks like Tesla is going higher. ;)

I'm still mentally prepared for a quick trip back to $337-$342 in the next week or two but am even more confident that it will power higher than the $350's we are currently in. This baby is on a roll that doesn't want to end (and without some bad news, either macro or micro) I cannot see this ending.

If Tim bought puts they're probably near enough worthless now that there is no point in selling them.

He stated he bought puts as well as a small short position. He’ll need to cover soon, there’s just too many good news coming. Troy is presently predicting 104,000 deliveries for the quarter, we’re in track for another record delivery. Shorts can’t afford anymore good news (c’mon China, give us a deal).

Four possibilities:
- News we haven't seen yet
- Short covering (would be retail shorts as a big player would get out more elegantly)
- Accumulation (also seems too fast for a big player)
- Interest in higher priced call options and MM's already adjusting for Friday

Any other guesses?

Must be the Taycan delays. One more straw in Short theory falls short.
Also means more S's sold ... some customers would want a refund .. are they honoring refunds?

I assume you are talking about today's positive move in TSLA shares.

News we haven't seen yet? Trading on non-public information is illegal. Yes, it happens but I don't think that's what's at play right now.

Short covering? Definitely some of this. But I don't know why you believe a big player can always unwind their short position in a "more elegant" fashion. Please explain. Because sometimes there are no "elegant" ways to close out a large short position.

Accumulation? Yes, definitely some of this. But I don't know why you try to compartmentalize big/small players. Everyone plays in the same marketplace and their effects are additive - you can't really separate out the individual players.

MM's adjusting for Friday? Yes, some of this because that always happens with rising prices.

I don't know that it's productive to try to guess all the individual mechanisms of a general, non-sudden, change in price like TSLA shares are going through. I can never "know" any of this stuff with any certainty so I prefer to analyze it from the overview perspective (all effects rolled up together).

It looks like Tesla is going higher. ;)

I'm still mentally prepared for a quick trip back to $337-$342 in the next week or two but am even more confident that it will power higher than the $350's we are currently in. This baby is on a roll that doesn't want to end (and without some bad news, either macro or micro) I cannot see this ending.

Not sure it's anything worth mulling over. A < 2% move is just noise.