Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the SP breaks the ATH near 375 anytime soon, the next serious psychological resistance level is 420. I'm not sure Tim wants to ride that train.

I'd be surprised if he hasn't covered already, and he's just nervous due to lying on television. Ironic, since that's his day job.

Cheers!

the point being, I think there's a pretty big chance the train that Tim is riding is not a short position in Tesla, it is sweet fossil fuel economy big cash (and or much bigger shorter's sweet mouthpiece-for-hire cash) for his regular "ShamWow!" Tesla misinformation beatdowns. that said, the fact that Tim was so nervous on the set yesterday makes me somewhat less confident about my interpretation of Tim's actions.

I think they are going to have a huge event Thursday.

Pickup truck reveal
Model Y starting production in a few weeks and specs are better then first announced.
More details on Berlin

Something else....?

Two mostly-wild guesses:
  • GF5 location for Cybertruck (Mordor reference... Detroit area fits, but then again, so does Berlin)
  • First handful of production Model Y delivered (x.com reference... highly unlikely, but the timeline's not that far off compared to Model 3)

Reactions: Fact Checking
The way I see it, shorts fall into two camps:

1: Old school valuation junkies who can’t fathom that the innovators dilemma will prevail over their precious conventional auto-industry PE ratios etc.

2: Anonymous twitter trolls with a penchant for goalpost shifting, conspiracy theory and denial.

Tim Seymour appears to be a shorty-come-lately in the first camp. I think his position and influence are also modest to say the least.

Wow, Rob, you have at least three unsubstantiated assumptions there [1][2][3]. For example, cheaper labour sometimes produces worse quality product, so this isn't an advantage. I suggest you should say "In my opinion..." more instead of asserting these are facts to make your case.

Good grief, what a bunch of laughable nonsense.

Sometimes more expensive labor produces worse quality.

Producing worse quality is not an advantage.

Cheap labor is always an advantage.

The Mexican made Ford Fusion was the highest in initial quality and 3 year dependability of any car sold in the USA according to Consumer Reports during its last couple of years in production in Mexico.

For those expecting a dip after Cybrtrk reveal, you may be right.

Then again, that's what they said was going to happen when Q3 results came out.

Someone remind me how that went again?

Well. It went well. Really damn well.
Everyone likes a profitable quarter, not everyone is into Cybertrucks..
I’ll be OK with a dip on Friday and an order placed Thursday night ;)

giphy.webp