Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only skimmed, but what I got out of it was that the judge was completely unconvinced by Musk's legal arguments and the case is on in full. At this point it can only end poorly for Musk and $TSLA, IMO. The circus, however unworthy it is, can reasonably be expected to be paraded in the press to the detriment of Tesla. With a friendly judge there is even less reason for Unswerth to agree to a settlement: making as big of a stink as he can about this case (with the help of lopez, kolodny, et al) will only help increase his financial gain from initiating a controversy and slandering Musk.

I didn't see anything about the remaining "expert" testimony, but given the judge's response to the motion for summary judgement I expect it to be allowed without limitation. Jury selection will be significant, and this is where all of the public slander of Musk by the press (Wired, BI, etc.) plays to the plaintiff's benefit.
Great, how long do you think this buying opportunity would last?

I mean lots of us are still kicking ourselves for taking profit too early.

I only skimmed, but what I got out of it was that the judge was completely unconvinced by Musk's legal arguments and the case is on in full. At this point it can only end poorly for Musk and $TSLA, IMO. The circus, however unworthy it is, can reasonably be expected to be paraded in the press to the detriment of Tesla. With a friendly judge there is even less reason for Unswerth to agree to a settlement: making as big of a stink as he can about this case (with the help of lopez, kolodny, et al) will only help increase his financial gain from initiating a controversy and slandering Musk.

I didn't see anything about the remaining "expert" testimony, but given the judge's response to the motion for summary judgement I expect it to be allowed without limitation. Jury selection will be significant, and this is where all of the public slander of Musk by the press (Wired, BI, etc.) plays to the plaintiff's benefit.

You were expecting summary judgement? Really?

I see a bunch of statements from the judge talking about ambiguity that a reasonable jury could differ over, and that as a result the case should go to court.

Mod rant:
I moved the political crap. I probably should have deleted it instead. But here's the thing. The moderators are fed up with people ignoring the guidelines, and the software only allows us to deal with one issue at a time.

So:
No more politics in this thread.
No more Unsworth in this thread.
No more Technical Analysis in this thread.

-- ggr.

do we even know for sure if semi is at gf1 (i thought elon kinda said he figured itd be gf1, but that was not long after reveal, and he was pondering, not conclusive)
Tesla's recent default plan was for Model Y to be at GF1 then they pivoted to Fremont at the last minute. The easy guess is that all that freed up Model Y space at GF1 can now be used for other vehicles. Especially when that space was being considered in such a recent plan.

I don't recall any hints from Tesla as to where any other vehicles would be built. Just our own speculation.

Reactions: Boomer19
Mod: in anticipation, I have renamed the Pickup/truck thread. ALL discussion SHALL go into that thread from the start.
ALL Tesla Pickup/Truck discussion in this thread.
It is also (temporarily) sticky.
--ggr

PS. I'm missing the launch because I'll be on a plane to Sydney. I will be grumpy when I get off. Take the hint.

Here’s why it’s dipping

To save you a few minutes, the punchline is at the end senator Markey requests NHTsa to make tesla disable AP until they figure out how to keep people from defeating the wheel sensor with a water bottle or orange.

Can all Tesla owners in mass call his office and educate him? 617-565-8519 @senmarkey

Talking to my dad (a liberal, Guardian-reading, environmentalist), the pedo tweet was the first thing he though of when thinking of Elon. Not any of the amazing things he has done with rockets and EVs. Obviously I set him straight on what type of person Elon is, but the smear campaign against Elon was successful.

Strategically better not to have this story in the news any more, but I wouldn't be sad if Elon fought it on principle, because I suspect he would win, and also it would be entertaining. Also Unsworth seems like a righteous, hypocritical prick. If you are going to insult someone, don't turn around and sue them when they insult you back.
I don't think many people outside of the twitter/tsla-verse remember that or ever even heard about it. I've not had a single person bring it up.

To save you a few minutes, the punchline is at the end senator Markey requests NHTsa to make tesla disable AP until they figure out how to keep people from defeating the wheel sensor with a water bottle or orange.
Up next. Disabling cruise control until we can keep people from holding the steering wheel with their knees.

I just love that our laws are created by people with an average age of like 65. Really helps the US stay competitive in tech.

Mod rant:
I moved the political crap. I probably should have deleted it instead. But here's the thing. The moderators are fed up with people ignoring the guidelines, and the software only allows us to deal with one issue at a time.

So:

-- ggr.
I understand it's inconsiderate and OT to reply here so I apologize in advance, but to what guidelines are you referring? This thread is a stream of consciousness catch-all collection of every topic in the universe every day.

Children like structure and rules.

Then you shouldn't want Spiegel to cover. I don't want him to either.

I feel bad for most shorts... ordinary people duped by an information bubble and losing their life's savings because of it. But Spiegel is IMHO a genuinely horrible human being, who litters his Tesla bashing with misogyny and things like joking about how he wishes that Greta Thunberg had been raped by Epstein. Most shorts, I hope they make it out only burned but not devastated. But Spiegel? I hope he hangs on until the end.

Given the fact that he sounds like he's now selling uncovered calls (said he's short stock and calls... and so the calls are clearly not covered by stock, and he said calls rather than call spreads), that may happen sooner rather than later.

Completely agree regarding Spiegel, but I also have no sympathy for all TSLA shorts trying to profit off a company trying to help the world. It's a bit like investing in EXXON knowing that they are destroying the environment, but as the same time they would rather make money individually. And of course, Spiegel is not the only short who actively puts out lies and FUD. Actually I think MS might actually believe everything he posts, whereas I suspect people like Chanos don't believe what they write and have a more sophisticated understanding of the relationship between the media, company financials, and the likelihood of being able to bankrupt Tesla via a coordinated campaign. Spiegel seems kind of dumb and unsophisticated when he makes crass personal attacks against a teenager... not exactly genius level thinking.

I even have a few friends of friends who are short Tesla. They are nice enough in person, but all I can think about them is that they are greedy ****s, trying to profit at the expense of everyone.

Mod rant:

So:

-- ggr.

Technical Analysis of TSLA? Like charts analysis of Tesla? I don't get it...

Can all Tesla owners in mass call his office and educate him? 617-565-8519 @senmarkey
Very sound logic, let’s also put all cars off the road until we figure out how to keep some Darwin awards winners from defeating the seatbelt warning by plug in a clip.

Btw Lexus and others can be defeated the same way so be sure to remind him they should at least be consistent and call out all other automakers with similar systems.

Edit: It seems he likes YouTube videos so send him links like this for the same trick from other manufacturers.