Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of right now, I am 33 pages behind but this is my thoughts while I am working today. If someone else has posted something similar, sorry for the similar post.

It comes down to mission statement. To move the world to renewable energy as quickly as possible. Tesla cannot do it alone. So they created a truck who's insides are what all other truck manufacturers have to meet or beat to compete. 500 mile per charge, crazy *sugar* there.

But by making a cyborg design that turns off a good number of people, that is OK. It is meant to. These people will buy an electric pick-up from Ford, Chevy or someone else, helping to move everyone forward faster with the mission statement. It is ingenious.

Elon's comment that they might make a more traditional design in the future is just a shot across the bow of the other automakers. Make that compelling electric truck that people want or we will. And while we are at it, we will take a good amount of market share too. Tesla is toying with the other automakers now. They are in the driver's seat.

upload_2019-11-22_12-27-43.jpeg

Fascinating. I have a family member in the Southern US -- they informed me no one had brought it up with them, and the one person they brought it up with said it wasn't for them.

My daughter is 17 and on Fridays, all her fiends hang out at our house because of the game room I built for my kids several years ago (an old man once told me to make my house the coolest place for teenagers to hang out that way all the other kids would want to come to your house and your kids would always be home....but that's another story). Anyway, I've shown the truck to all the 17 and 18 year olds and the girls are like, "whatever" - but every single one of these boys have said, "what the heck is that?". Obviously, you can tell I'm in a very red state. There is no buzz here, and everyone I've shown it to hates it. I'll post again when I find someone who likes it. I promise.

F117 flies in spite of its design, not because of it ;) Really hard to keep that bird aloft.
Indeed.

It was determined that the ideal shape for stealth characteristics was a diamond. That was just about the opposite of an ideal airframe shape.

Hence the nickname "The Hopeless Diamond" during development.

Last edited:
Rumor has it they used the wrong size steel ball - Franz should have used the small ball, not the big one. And the fact that the window actually held together is unique - most other side windows would have completely shattered.

Why don't more people focus on this? That same ball thrown at the window of any conventional pickup would have simply gone straight through the glass and hit the occupants.

Thrown at the Cybertruck, the occupants were protected and the ball fell on the ground without entering.

It's armored glass, basically.

My daughter is 17 and on Fridays, all her fiends hang out at our house because of the game room I built for my kids several years ago (an old man once told me to make my house the coolest place for teenagers to hang out that way all the other kids would want to come to your house and your kids would always be home....but that's another story). Anyway, I've shown the truck to all the 17 and 18 year olds and the girls are like, "whatever" - but every single one of these boys have said, "what the heck is that?". Obviously, you can tell I'm in a very red state. There is no buzz here, and everyone I've shown it to hates it. I'll post again when I find someone who likes it. I promise.
Ask them again in a week and see if it’s grown on them. It’s a little too shocking to just spring a picture of it on someone and expect them not ask what the heck.

I honestly feel like this truck is a publicity stunt, intended to poke at the big 3. "Look at them, they're history". Fact of the matter is: Tesla is battery constraint. It cannot make cars fast enough. So why introduce a mainstream truck without having the capacity to build it en masse? Publicity stunt is my guess. If and when Tesla has more batteries, it can build a normal looking truck any time it wants. The fact is Rivian and Ford are both coming out with electric trucks. They are not going to build a lot but still, Tesla dont want people to think it is losing its edge. So what do you do? You come out with a niche product to remind people that we are still the top dog in term of battery and other technologies. Cybertruck is the Roadster of trucks. It is there to raise awareness of Tesla's capabilities. When Tesla finally comes out with a conventional looking truck 4 years from now, it will be like Christmas for everyone who's been sitting on the sideline.

I honestly feel like this truck is a publicity stunt, intended to poke at the big 3. "Look at them, they're history". Fact of the matter is: Tesla is battery constraint. It cannot make cars fast enough. So why introduce a mainstream truck without having the capacity to build it en masse? Publicity stunt is my guess. If and when Tesla has more batteries, it can build a normal looking truck any time it wants. The fact is Rivian and Ford are both coming out with electric trucks. They are not going to build a lot but still, Tesla dont want people to think it is losing its edge. So what do you do? You come out with a niche product to remind people that we are still the top dog in term of battery and other technologies. Cybertruck is the Roadster of trucks. It is there to raise awareness of Tesla's capabilities. When Tesla finally comes out with a conventional looking truck 4 years from now, it will be like Christmas for everyone who's been sitting on the sideline.
1. I believe over the next two years we will see a dramatic increase in battery production at Tesla.
2. Four years from now, conventional looking trucks will be on the way out. Last night just made them all obsolete.