Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now we know why there will be a battery investor day, because previously a Semi pulling a full load with 500 mile range, roadster with base specs of 1.9 sec to 60, 250+ mph top speed, and a plaid three motor s rips up laguna seca and will likely demolish the 'ring was amazing but not thought provoking... Now mix in the price: 70k for an EV with range of 500+ miles including leading specs for towing and load capacity....

Just a few years ago, we were discussing the tongue weight and restriction of a bike rack to an MX hitch...

Why did EM say "we'll talk about that more later" when he said it would charge at 250 kw and then never come back to it? He almost forgot the ATV demo. Did the broken glass totally mess him up?

I believe Elon meant the > 250 kW charging is for another event.

My guess is that Cybertruck, Plaid and Roadster2 will all charge at 500 kW. Remember the 350 kW children’s toy comment?

The question is will that happen during Battery Investor Day, or for the Plaid announcement?

One thing I have to admit - think about the Model 3 reveal. What was everyone saying the next day? They were making fun of the minimalists interior and saying it looked like the screen was just stuck on as an afterthought. It was pretty brutal the day after the reveal.

Fast forward almost 4 years, and Ford reveals a car with a nearly copy-cat interior of the Model 3. So, who know what 2 or 3 years will bring.

That's why I got 2 reservations. I hate that truck with a passion right now - but I'm smart enough to know I might love it in a year or two. you never know -especially if they tweak it a little.

Ford also put in an instrument cluster screen and a volume knob.

And pony car fender flares are rear "hips" on the quarter panel.

BTW I loved the Model 3 exterior from day 1. Didn't like that they toned down the duckbill front fascia for production model. Didn't like lack of instrument cluster. Still don't.

Still don't like they don't have grab handles or sunglass holder.

They are not arranged in order in your account, but they are likely sequential:

... 756026
... 763220
... 775648
... 789756

So about 33,000 reservations between the first and last one. You were probably busy for a few hours, right?

Edit: sorry Dan, I was posting this at the same time as you. I do believe that this time the numbers are sequential, as they keep going up at a rate that makes sense: fast during the first hours, steady now.

All of those orders were placed within a 15 minute span as soon as the Cybertruck order page went live. Apple Pay kept saying transaction failed - try again, so I did.

I think the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

I think they were not sure whether the window would break or not. They probably discussed about it and decided even if the window breaks, it would still result in net positive news.
Not a chance. They thought the ball would bounce off, and were shocked when it didn't. Did you watch the presentation?

Cybertruck doesn't mean it's the end of road. They can always do regular truck

So Cybertruck will be in a segment all it's own. In Rap Videos, Games, Burning Man ... Cool Factor to the roof ...

Think Cybertruck Specs in Regular truck down the road ....

For Regular truck, Tesla doesn't need to create the market, others will have to do it. Then Tesla will come up with a EV truck Killa ... once Country Songs start showing EV trucks :)
The other reason to do the Cybertruck first is to sell the idea that Tesla trucks are tough. The fact that they did the sledge hammer and ball drop tests shows their intentions. On top of that are all the specs that blows everything else away. This thing will be incredible off roading and the word (and youtube videos) will get around. Then they can move in and sweep up the mainstream pickup market with a "normal" looking mass market release.

They range from 756xxx to 789xxx. If you ordered right at the start, 33k orders by the time various Apple Pay issues got sorted out would not be that surprising.

You're probably right. I didn't check my account until this morning so I'm not sure when each transaction actually went through or got processed. Confirmation emails started showing up just before noon today.

Sorry if this conversation seems disconnected - I'm trying to catch up on the thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Given that the stock hasn't show any traces of rebounding, I think they're about to try and push it below 330 to trigger stop losses. Some of this is market manipulators trying to trigger stop losses after the quick rise plus shorts and bears with their FUD campaign, but any actual investor selling today is pretty baffling. Prob gonna trade about 16-18 million shares today. Who is that short sighted to sell a month before Q4 numbers when we've seen many signs of a higher than Wall St expected production and delivery number. :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
I am not really a truck guy but am a Tesla fan. Watched the presentation. "What an ugly contraption.." Daughter said it was kind of cool.
Then, after looking at it a few times thought is was not that bad, except the rear which remains ugly

After the presentation looked at the site. Mmmmmm, CAD150 for reservation and you can lock in current FSD price.

After an hour or so I jumped in. Reserved a full spec one with FSD. It is still three years away and a lot can happen in three years. Say this whole Robotaxi pans out and you can make $40K a year with it. I got myself a locked in FSD price and can use the truck as a full time Robotaxi. If not I can get my CAD150 back.

I think the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

I think they were not sure whether the window would break or not. They probably discussed about it and decided even if the window breaks, it would still result in net positive news.

I agree, and in support I would point out that Franz was hesitant and asked Elon "Are you sure ?" before throwing the ball. I think they tried it multiple times before with varying results. They were hoping it would not crack, but were willing to take the risk.