Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steve Job's Ghost was banned form Twitter for posting a publicly available photo that was deemed 'copyright' - so yeah, report that f*****r

In the case of a copyright violation where a TMC post is re-posted on Twitter without the TMC poster's consent, can this be reported to Twitter by anyone or must it be the copyright holder, i.e. TMC poster?

In the case of a copyright violation where a TMC post is re-posted on Twitter without the TMC poster's consent, can this be reported to Twitter by anyone or must it be the copyright holder, i.e. TMC poster?
- "it's fun to play with the D-M-C-A ... " :cool:

Ed:
OK Boomer, better explain that this was a giga-hit in the oh 80's disco-fever. And about YMCA.
As you were, as it were.

What the absolute f***!!!

This guy quoted my post that was clearly tongue in cheek! Of course I'm blocked so I can't respond. Now I'm pissed.

Dan
That is a replay of stuff that happened a few years ago, which is why people like me have statements in our signatures. If he'd done that to me, I'd have grounds to sue.

I didn't say "People don't need [select size] batteries". Please stop the nonsense! I said they don't need more than they need!
The problem with that is the connotation of "more than you need (and I think I recall) for daily driving", comes across as "no more than your commute plus a bit extra". That's the definition of a second car.

upload_2019-12-3_20-17-4.png

It's surprising that manipulations hasn't been able to bring down the SP on such a bad Macro day ....

Those manipulators have been trying hard, but keep getting pushed aside.

This remains similar to yesterday, albeit with more drag from the macros:

-1.4% F
-1.0% GM
-0.2% FCAU
+0.5% TSLA

TSLA has been running on its own as more and more people begin to realize it will not only dominate the coming widespread adoption of electric cars, but also pickup trucks. :cool:

Disco-lamer:
IANAL, IANAUSIAN etc :rolleyes:
What the absolute f***!!!

This guy quoted my post that was clearly tongue in cheek! Of course I'm blocked so I can't respond. Now I'm pissed.

Dan

That is a replay of stuff that happened a few years ago, which is why people like me have statements in our signatures. If he'd done that to me, I'd have grounds to sue.
Still, as just a total Internet random number, it is my opinion that this does not change the legal status of OP as automatic copyright owner; but it sure does write a warning plain on the culprit's nose. Makes their ignorance defense just that little bit harder. <Not legal advice>

tl;dr: You may still have options to pursue, maybe persecute if not actually execute. ;)

Reactions: Nocturnal
Disco-lamer:
IANAL, IANAUSIAN etc :rolleyes:

Still, as just a total Internet random number, it is my opinion that this does not change the legal status of OP as automatic copyright owner; but it sure does write a warning plain on the culprit's nose. Makes their ignorance defense just that little bit harder. <Not legal advice>

tl;dr: You may still have options to pursue, maybe persecute if not actually execute. ;)
From my limited education in intellectual property, that is correct. References you see in media about "copyright" aren't particular relevant, and just exist to make it impossible to pretend ignorance, as you noted .

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
I wouldn't mind seeing Tesla be more transparent about replacement battery costs. One of the more common pieces of FUD is "You will have to replace battery at 50k miles at the cost of $20k.". Would be nice to combat that, and for personal planning to know that my M3 battery is expected to cost $X thousand dollars in 2022.

IMO Tesla not being more specific now about future battery replacement costs should not deter potential buyers once they learn about the warranty and how packs on high mileage Teslas are holding up. A conversation with a potential customer who asks about battery replacement cost might go like this.

Customer: How long will the battery pack last before I need to replace it and how much will it cost ?

Sales Rep: Many Teslas sold years ago have been driven over 300,000 miles and their battery packs have 75% or more of original capacity and are still going strong. Model 3 and Model Y battery packs are even better and will last even longer. Tesla battery packs are warrantied to have more than 70% of original capacity after 8 years, no matter how many miles you drive. Most owners may never need to replace the battery pack. Today the pack is about 20% the total cost of your car. But batteries cost less to make every year, so we expect a replacement pack 10 years from now should cost half or less what your original pack does today and have even greater range.

IMO Tesla not being more specific now about future battery replacement costs should not deter potential buyers once they learn about the warranty and how packs on high mileage Teslas are holding up. A conversation with a potential customer who asks about battery replacement cost might go like this.

Customer: How long will the battery pack last before I need to replace it and how much will it cost ?

Sales Rep: Many Teslas sold years ago have been driven over 300,000 miles and their battery packs have 75% or more of original capacity and are still going strong. Model 3 and Model Y battery packs are even better and will last even longer. Tesla battery packs are warrantied to have more than 70% of original capacity after 8 years, no matter how many miles you drive. Most owners may never need to replace the battery pack. Today the pack is about 20% the total cost of your car. But batteries cost less to make every year, so we expect a replacement pack 10 years from now should cost half or less what your original pack does today and have even greater range.
When the Prius came out, the pundits said that a replacement battery was $10K. By the time anyone needed to fork over any money, it was $3K installed, or half that for a refurbished pack from a third party.