Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Electrek blurb about CT in the wild in LA this weekend. videos and pictures with Elon driving
https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/08/e...ing-teslas-new-cybertruck-electric-pickup-la/
looks like it has (i'm guessing temporary for legal reasons) side mirrors thrown on?
UjNU0Ns.png

visible from ~ 30 seconds into video:

• Informative
Reactions: Doggydogworld
There's no such thing as an "AP crash", there's only drivers that didn't pay attention, same as in a car without any driving aids.

As far as I can see these aren't really headlines any more, well the FUD media try their best, but they don't impact the SP.

Battery fires neither.
The reality is that there’s going to be computer based accidents in the future. So far they seem to be spaced out and are not occurring daily. If the system can outperform or make up for human error then the backlash has no merit. It will take a while but once we get a good data set to show how safe autopilot systems are then it will be huge in shutting down these false narratives quicker.

Seems pretty ignorant. Cybertruck reservations are not material for Tesla. Farah seems to have very little understanding of business. Ford and VW take reservations, as well as Porsche, is that fraud? Kickstarter? It’s only fraud if you never deliver. Maybe has to do with the nature of things Elon works on, which many people says are impossible. If you told me in 2012 an electric car startup would meet this level of success I would be skeptical too. Elon has proven he is something like the Michael Jordan of entrepreneurs.
He seems to have been fed the wrong side of the story. I get that he is saying that the prototype Tesla builds two years before releasing is not the same vehicle people are preordering. But here’s the response
-Tesla often outperforms their prototype when they get to production. It’s the opposite for other auto makers.
-he tried to say you get the same experience with other EV’s, but that’s not true. The Tesla experience is unique and again the car gets better through updates.
-he still believes Tesla is borderline fraud and a stock pump business. What exactly has Elon Musk failed completely at? Given time he makes it happen.
-he asked where roadster is? Roadster is due to begin production in 2020...
-he said zero robotaxi’s have been delivered...again I feel like he doesn’t know about these software updates. Robotaxis probably won’t be a timely thing but the belief is it can be turned on through an update to the current Tesla fleet. I feel this should be explained better.

However, Joe handled him better than I would have. I think it makes anti-Tesla people more mad when you nod your head and ohh and aww their conspiracies then hit them with “yea I’m still getting one”

looks like it has (i'm guessing temporary for legal reasons) side mirrors thrown on?
UjNU0Ns.png

visible from ~ 30 seconds into video:
lights have been tuned. The bright single bar light on the front we saw on unveiling is now two bright headlights with a dimmer middle bar and top light is off.
*unless they just had brights on at unveiling and this is standard

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash and Ulmo
He seems to have been fed the wrong side of the story. I get that he is saying that the prototype Tesla builds two years before releasing is not the same vehicle people are preordering. But here’s the response
-Tesla often outperforms their prototype when they get to production. It’s the opposite for other auto makers.
-he tried to say you get the same experience with other EV’s, but that’s not true. The Tesla experience is unique and again the car gets better through updates.
-he still believes Tesla is borderline fraud and a stock pump business. What exactly has Elon Musk failed completely at? Given time he makes it happen.
-he asked where roadster is? Roadster is due to begin production in 2020...
-he said zero robotaxi’s have been delivered...again I feel like he doesn’t know about these software updates. Robotaxis probably won’t be a timely thing but the belief is it can be turned on through an update to the current Tesla fleet. I feel this should be explained better.

However, Joe handled him better than I would have. I think it makes anti-Tesla people more mad when you nod your head and ohh and aww their conspiracies then hit them with “yea I’m still getting one”
Matt is a singular expert in ball sweat powder, the rest is all made up.

The Cybertruck tri / single swap in the schedule may have this consequence:

Just as home prices are more expensive yet less volatile on average in comparison to condos (due to the increased financial security upmarket at least up to a point), the expected conversion of orders to purchases may be higher for the tri vs the single.

Reactions: Ulmo
Lol, check out the latest conspiracy theory forming between Unsworth's lawyer and the nutcase fired by Tesla, Cristina Balan:

Cristina Balan on Twitter

You see, everyone.... for jurors who own Tesla, Tesla is watching... listening to their phone calls... using the camera to monitor them while tracking where they go... all clearly to get information to blackmail them to acquit Elon....

Last edited:
One business question I have about the Cybertruck is whether or not Tesla will open up the API.

Lots of possibilities open up if you could control the truck and, say, a multipurpose robotic arm or other computer controlled equipment in the bed. Imagine planting/pulling fence posts, loading/unloading pallets or goods autonomously, etc.

More unlikely, but still possible, and most interesting would be if Tesla gave access to their fancy neural net chip a la Apple’s CoreML framework.

This possibly is the reason I’m pleased that the tri is coming sooner, it’ll allow access to the Cybertruck as a dev platform sooner for those that opt for the tri.

Of course, Tesla might care to keep things buttoned up till they figure out how the opportunities are likely to evolve.

Lol, check out the latest conspiracy theory forming between Unsworth's lawyer and the nutcase fired by Tesla, Cristina Balan:

You see, everyone.... for jurors who own Tesla, Tesla is watching... listening to their phone calls... using the camera to monitor them while tracking where they go... all clearly to get information to blackmail them to acquit Elon....

Now, why didn't Elon think of that ?
Morals perhaps ?

What kind of lawyer whines on Twitter and blames jurors for losing a case? What a putz.

On the topic of blocking, over on Twitter someone speculated that Unsworth's lawyers were paid by "by deep pockets of third-party money",

JPR007 on Twitter

When Unsworth's lawyer Lin Wood's response to that speculation drew a skeptical question from me,

Lars Kr. Lundin on Twitter

llinwood.jpg
- I was instantly blocked by Lin Wood...
llinwwod2.jpg

Admittedly, my reasoning is not 100% logical, but I still find the reaction interesting...

Also gave them superpowers to convince the other 8 jurors not owning Teslas to reach a 100% unanimous verdict finding Elon "not guilty", in under 20 minutes.

Magic!

Karen do you wear a hasmat suit during your Twitter travel's?

NO! FBW had nothing to do with it. Pilot error did, specifically lack of pilot partial panel training. FBW did not even contribute. FBW beginning with A320 and on to all subsequent Airbus plus Boeing beginning with B777 and now B787 reduce risks. Pilot awareness and systems management remain crucial. Uniquely pilot tubes still in 2020 are the weakest link, as B737MAX again proves. Blaming FBW is the equivalent if blaming Tesla Autopilot. Not true, but convenient to blame.

The pilots are certainly to be blame.

That one pilot could possibly not know what action the other pilot is taking did not help.