Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, you’ll enjoy - just for fun:

Cybertruck Nuts® on Twitter
It seems to me that, theoretically at least, an electric vehicle could even give the ICE vehicle a "head start" (pulling the EV backwards at some small initial velocity to start with). The EV motor can spin in a reverse direction while gradually raising the torque higher and higher to slow down the ICE without losing static tire friction because it can apply regulated torque with millisecond response to prevent any wheel slip. It can do this over a range of speeds AND IN EITHER DIRECTION. The ICE vehicle will never be able to do this. It would have to remain in a forward gear at all times and thus be unable to carefully regulate torque to prevent wheel slip.

I'm not sure if Tesla's traction control is (presently) programmed to work just as well when rolling in the opposite from desired direction, but I can't think of any obstacle to having that capability.

Taking down an F-150 4x4 that had a "head start" would make a really awesome video.

I loved Cramer when he was skeptical (he was never an outright bear, just couldn’t recommend the stock) and I love Cramer when he’s a bull. He has an extremely entertaining show and have been watching him since I was a kid. Much better than the permabears that CNBC has on during the day

I agree with you actually. I don't put much weight into his analyses/recommendations, but I love him as an entertainer.

It seems to me that, theoretically at least, an electric vehicle could even give the ICE vehicle a "head start" (pulling the EV backwards at some small initial velocity to start with). The EV motor can spin in a reverse direction while gradually raising the torque higher and higher to slow down the ICE without losing static tire friction because it can apply regulated torque with millisecond response to prevent any wheel slip. It can do this over a range of speeds AND IN EITHER DIRECTION. The ICE vehicle will never be able to do this. It would have to remain in a forward gear at all times and thus be unable to carefully regulate torque to prevent wheel slip.

I'm not sure if Tesla's traction control is (presently) programmed to work just as well when rolling in the opposite from desired direction, but I can't think of any obstacle to having that capability.

Taking down an F-150 4x4 that had a "head start" would make a really awesome video.
There is a thread for this specific topic.
Fair tug of war?
And yeah pretty much what you said.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
OK, so the EPA doesn't take cars out on the road... they do their tests on a dyno. (I hope it's in a wind tunnel!!!) I can see the attraction of an on-road test though you are bound to get variances, e.g. headwinds/tailwinds due to the weather! EPA seems to have the right idea, you can't allow weather-related variances to mess with the consistency of the test.

However - Model S got 373miles on the EPA's test, versus 201 for the Porsche. So if independent testers took the Porsche out on some roads and got an extra chunk of miles... how about the same independent testers do the same road test with a Model S? Bound to get more than 373 miles, and probably a lot more than 400 miles.

RE: the "Cramer Bump" - I think we were already within reach of $360 today, the pre-Cybertruck-reveal price. I think TSLA could easily touch $370 tomorrow, it's only a 4.9% jump. This could eaily happen if there was some news item regarding the Germany and China factories plus the Cramer bump.
Sure. Just arrange a course that is all downhill. That would make the Taycan't shine.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
We may make fun of Cramer, but these are the things investors should look for as a signal that a stock is about to turn for the better. One by one the most ardent short, bear, non believer becomes a “fanboy”. I would not be surprise if CNBC starts to change their tune by end of next year when both M3 & MY crushes competitors. There just isn’t anything on Wall Street with as much growth potential as Tesla right now.

At some point nobody wants to admit they were ever a critic.

Reactions: SpaceCash
img_2074.jpg

Deadline Approaches for Mark Spiegel’s January 2020 Puts –– Whole Mars Catalog