Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a suggestion, if it exceeds 360, MMs should step in to whack a mole.
Tomorrow should be the same game absent some macros moves, but ok, pick your own number.

I thought picking our own number was supposed to be the whole point of the exercise to begin with? I've never seen someone offer up a "guessing game" with such constraints.

Do you have aspirations of leadership? ;)

I'm guessing we end up at 358.45. ;)
When gas was used for lighting, there was no automatic shut-off if the flame went out. Same thing for stove pilot lights. Gas is pretty much exempt from safety regulations that don't affect the supplier.
It's crazy isn't it? I love gas cook tops and have a gas starter in my fireplace, but that means I'm literally pumping high explosive/flammable gas into my home at all times. We had a small leak at our old house and it was a huge deal, Had to evacuate, get utility to shut off the gas supply, open all the windows etc. Meanwhile in my bathroom I can technically (please don't test this) drop a hair dryer into the tub with me and I should be fine.

Why on earth wouldn't he? Taxis need space for luggage and passengers and the six passenger capacity plus locked storage makes it an ideal taxi.

Then it's a no brainer to put the $100 down. There has to be a catch. It's too good to be true. Elon said that as the model 3 gets closer to robotaxi the car will cost more. Should this not happen with the cybertruck? If what we are all thinking is true at some point they will RAISE the deposit amount significantly. I am buying my model 3 only because of future robotaxi but instead of $100 I have to actually own the car.

Then it's a no brainer to put the $100 down. There has to be a catch. It's too good to be true. Elon said that as the model 3 gets closer to robotaxi the car will cost more. Should this not happen with the cybertruck? If what we are all thinking is true at some point they will RAISE the deposit amount significantly. I am buying my model 3 only because of future robotaxi but instead of $100 I have to actually own the car.
I don't doubt that once production is started (or close to being started) new deposits will be $1000 to $2500. Of course, the FSD price will increase (I'd guess 2@$1000 raises next year). I don't believe the Cybertruck price will increase for at least the first year of deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
$338.83 -> 359.83, what a week.
upload_2019-12-12_11-36-23.png

Good point.

Which is why I just sold 10 of my TSLA shares and ordered 36 more Cybertrucks! :)

(kidding)!

I'm guessing we end up at 358.45. ;)

It's crazy isn't it? I love gas cook tops and have a gas starter in my fireplace, but that means I'm literally pumping high explosive/flammable gas into my home at all times. We had a small leak at our old house and it was a huge deal, Had to evacuate, get utility to shut off the gas supply, open all the windows etc. Meanwhile in my bathroom I can technically (please don't test this) drop a hair dryer into the tub with me and I should be fine.
I'm so much happier with induction compared to gas for cooking, cooler, cheaper, and just as controllable. Although there is gas to the fireplace it's never been used in twenty years. I have no idea why there' even a fireplace. Takes up a lot of room for zero benefit. I do have a gas tankless hot water heater, but twenty years ago, when I purchased it, there weren't electric tankless. Also the furnace is gas. Both of those have auto shut-off. They'll both go once SP = $6K.

@jhm
Why on earth do those “EV”’s need humongous grills like they need to gulp air?
For what? Looks?
Some of us are in our 70’s and prefer EV’s and function.
But weren’t asked
The humongous grills are from those companies that wanted hydrogen where they are required.
Agreed about the 70s (though that won't happen for a few months).

• Love
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don't doubt that once production is started (or close to being started) new deposits will be $1000 to $2500. Of course, the FSD price will increase (I'd guess 2@$1000 raises next year). I don't believe the Cybertruck price will increase for at least the first year of deliveries.

Maybe once we get closer they will up the anti to stay in. As long as it's refundable I would put in more money. Elon says there will be robotaxis on the road somewhere in 2020. For sure then by late 2022. Did you know that there is ZERO option to buy a Model 3 after a lease is up? Why are they so strict here and totally hush about the cybertruck robotaxi? It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe once we get closer they will up the anti to stay in. As long as it's refundable I would put in more money. Elon says there will be robotaxis on the road somewhere in 2020. For sure then by late 2022. Did you know that there is ZERO option to buy a Model 3 after a lease is up? Why are they so strict here and totally hush about the cybertruck robotaxi? It doesn't make any sense.
1. Why cloud the reveal. They've already figured out that Wall Street, regulators, and a lot of people don't want to hear about robotaxi because they don't believe it, think it's dangerous, etc.
2. They said it would have the same capability as the 3 and Y. While it wasn't said directly, "the same capability" implies robotaxi.

I find interesting that MIC M3 are showing high manufacturing quality (better than Freemont they say, and i can see Chinese proudness at work) because that would rise the interest of a large number of neighbouring countries (South Korea anyone? 21,000$ incentive) that could get a cheap MIC product with low shipment cost.

Tesla is breaking the 'Made-in-China' stereotype with the GF3-made Model 3

It seems to me that the future of EVs is looking better than that of ICEv. While I think it is reasonable to expect the cost to fuel an ICEv to drop in the near term any glut just makes things worse for the oil companies as they are already having to write down assets as future profits from their existing investments shrink.[1]

The impression I've gotten with the Aramco IPO is that it is inflated. Now that they hit the 2 trillion valuation[2] I expect it to be a fight for Saudi Arabia just to maintain the valuation for as long as they can which means, relatively speaking, it will be losing value. Maybe I'm all wet here and, after all, I'm not a financial guy. But the trend sure looks to be declining value for oil companies (share of S&P has dropped to less than half what it used to be).

While current vehicle purchases are not informed by these events the impacts will be felt, it may just take a bit for them to impact the already shrinking ICEv market. Range anxiety will be replaced with fuel anxiety. If somehow all superchargers went down it would put a hurt on road trips, but my daily use would be unaffected. But an ICEv depends on ready access to gas stations -- you can't refuel at home.

I've seen articles on closures, but am having difficulty finding them now for citation other than an old one from six years ago [3] and another from three years ago [4] and a third from a year ago [5]. Profitability is the common reason for the closures.

In the process I found this gem [6] from a couple of years ago that assures the reader that gasoline cars are here to stay. "The reality, industry leaders stress, is that pure battery-electric models, such as the Chevrolet Bolt EV and the Nissan Leaf, will remain relatively niche players for at least the next decade." -- I couldn't have said it better myself. Naturally, the only mention of Tesla was an advertisement -- the name appears nowhere in the article.

1) https://wholemars.net/2019/12/11/massive-unprecedented-fossil-fuel-writedown-sweeps-energy-sector/

2) Saudi Aramco, Most Profitable Company on Earth, Hits $2 Trillion Valuation –– Whole Mars Catalog

3) https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f34762-9bb9-11e2-9a79-eb5280c81c63_story.html

4) Gas stations in Bay Area disappearing to make way for housing

5) Kroger Fuel Centers have started shutting down :: WRAL.com

6) https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/electric-cars-may-be-new-cool-thing-gasoline-isn-t-n803381

Tesla explained why accounts receivables has been elevated in recent quarters. It is due to a large gap in timing between vehicle delivery and cash collection from European banks. The gap in Europe is 28 days, China is 7 and US is 3. Due to the large increase of Model 3 sales in Europe this year, A/R has jumped up.
Isn't this what the unicorn was bitching about recently or was that something else?