Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then it's a no brainer to put the $100 down. There has to be a catch. It's too good to be true. Elon said that as the model 3 gets closer to robotaxi the car will cost more. Should this not happen with the cybertruck? If what we are all thinking is true at some point they will RAISE the deposit amount significantly. I am buying my model 3 only because of future robotaxi but instead of $100 I have to actually own the car.

He didn't say that the car would cost more, he said the FSD option would cost more. (At least that is what I remember.) And Tesla has said that putting your $100 down for the Cybertruck locks in the FSD price.

Reactions: StealthP3D
not cool.

It's a colloquial saying used to say not to judge the outcome of an event before the outcome is finalized Mod edit: originating in a reference, long enshrined in the English language, to dramatic opera: "The opera ain't over 'til the fat lady sings". Not all references to personal attributes are going to be scrubbed when social mores change. Especially not in this forum, at least as long as You-Know-Who is moderating.

If Lopez wants any credibility as a reporter she's going to have to come clean (sing) on some of her Tesla smears. That could be all it takes to get some of the most TESLAQ hardened short sellers to capitulate.

We still have a lot to look forward to in terms of buying pressure from short-sellers.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this aramco money coming in like we had last time at 420 secured?

If it is the Arabian oil sheiks, they've got some serious competition for the goods with the short-sellers!

I was thinking about it and each day it seems the sell wall is ~$5 higher than the previous day. If you had a lot of money and wanted to increase your $TSLA position wouldn't it make sense to buy into the sell wall? This keeps your acquisition cost low, maximizing the short seller subsidy.

If its Aramco maybe they are making good use of their IPO money?

i hope so as the tariffs were applied to the Tesla HW3 Autopilot ECU. Of course we don't even know if this first round deal will even fix that.

Was there any mention of clearing tariffs off electronics?

President Trump to Sign Off on Limited Trade Deal With China

President Trump is expected to sign off on a limited agreement aimed at ending the trade war with China that would prevent new tariffs planned for Sunday and roll back some existing tariffs, according to a person familiar with the matter.

I hope this person familiar with the matter is Trumpo and not the usual ghost aka “imaginary made up person.”

We welcome the news that a U.S.-China phase one deal is imminent,” said Myron Brilliant, executive vice president and head of international affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “It will bring stability to the U.S.-China relationship, but make no mistake about it: There is still more work ahead and more problems to be solved.”

Last edited:
I was thinking about it and each day it seems the sell wall is ~$5 higher than the previous day. If you had a lot of money and wanted to increase your $TSLA position wouldn't it make sense to buy into the sell wall? This keeps your acquisition cost low, maximizing the short seller subsidy.

If its Aramco maybe they are making good use of their IPO money?

I'm not following you there. From a perspective of supply/demand, there is no real difference from a short seller looking to cover and another investor looking to establish a position. Both put the same upward pressures on share prices in proportion to the number of shares they are looking to buy (or cover).

lyrics from Stairway to Heaven:
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter

Good spot. But there’s also something in the bible about camels finding it easier to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich to enter the gates of heaven.

Deliver in Q4, unless there are some more permit issues or it is for padding of Q1

If in Q1, due to padding, no reason why deliveries should not begin on Jan1st. M3s can then be the talk of families during Lunar festivities. Also what better way for a city transplant to show off his success then by visiting his native in his new M3 :)

Sure, get as many delivery in China for q4 as possible. But 5k m3 isn't going to move the needle much unless that's the difference between meeting 360k 2019 or not.

As for Q1 2020. Even though China has shown that they'd do over time on lunar new year for tesla, the traditional culture for sales is hard to get over.

Usually those who doesn't meet the sales numbers will do everything they can to meet them pre new years. Those who already met their quota will slow down and start thinking about prepping food for new years, getting ready for all the blind dates for potential arranged marriage etc.

It's much more efficient to let them take the new years off properly and have a refreshed sales and delivery staff after new years as there is a culture of wearing new cloths, driving new cars and buying new houses after new years.

It's a colloquial saying used to say not to judge the outcome of an event before the outcome is finalized Mod edit: originating in a reference, long enshrined in the English language, to dramatic opera: "The opera ain't over 'til the fat lady sings". Not all references to personal attributes are going to be scrubbed when social mores change. Especially not in this forum, at least as long as You-Know-Who is moderating.

If Lopez wants any credibility as a reporter she's going to have to come clean (sing) on some of her Tesla smears. That could be all it takes to get some of the most TESLAQ hardened short sellers to capitulate.

We still have a lot to look forward to in terms of buying pressure from short-sellers.
Just to embellish upon the mod's mod up here from the bleachers, it seems to have morphed into a saying in American sports, where the game is not over until the end, where the national anthem is sung -- usually by a female singer of operatic proportions.

Also agree that Ms Lopez has brought some ill will upon herself and still has some nicer singing left to do before that changes. Not a comment on her physique as such.

• Helpful
Reactions: StealthP3D
I'm not following you there. From a perspective of supply/demand, there is no real difference from a short seller looking to cover and another investor looking to establish a position. Both put the same upward pressures on share prices in proportion to the number of shares they are looking to buy (or cover).
Right. But if you don't know what the other side's limit is and you are wanting to pick up shares quickly without driving the price up the 'discovering' that by buying shares but stopping once you breach the sell wall until it drops back down again. Just trying to make sense of the stair step.

edit: you're proposing the opposite? That short sellers are soaking up the profit taking offered by longs? Seems a bit to regular to me. I'd expect that to have more variation than this.

Good spot. But there’s also something in the bible about camels finding it easier to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich to enter the gates of heaven.

I can help you out there. I'll buy all your Tesla shares from you before they appreciate too much and, to sweeten the pot, I'll pay only whatever you originally paid for them! ;)

Yeah... an agreement to hold off the pain of more tariffs, not an actual trade deal.

"to avert tariffs set for Dec. 15"

edit: and "according to people familiar with the matter" -- no more official than anything we've seen to date

I’ll take the phase 1 deal with China agreeing to respect and protect business IP and to increase buying US agricultural products.

Trump 'Very Close' to U.S.-China Trade Deal, Averting December Tariffs

Most media outlets have changed the “close to a deal” to “Trump already signed.”

Forbes:

Trump Signs Phase One China Trade Deal, Avoiding Brutal December Tariffs