Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about this: No MIC deliveries in Q4, only prestaging. Deliver as many as possible once Q1 starts until Chinese New Year Eve on January 24th. Then on January 29th, Tesla reports record Q4 profits, along with the count of MIC deliveries, and a 10k/wk production rate at Fremont, plus maybe City Autopilot roll out as a little something extra.
The whole country essentially shut down by Jan 22rd. Half of the country are on the road by Jan 17th. Don't expect much activity after Jan 17th.

From yesterday, down to 26M now (assuming it's correct)

View attachment 487630

I do not understand shorty-logic. Is TSLA was deemed a good short at $180-200 range (last big accumulation of short interest coincides with that SP range), then $360+ should be twice as good !
Its a huge shorting opportunity, why would they cover now ?
Do they hate their money and want to throw away just half of it?

Moneyball

In 2002, The Oakland Athletics American MLB League completed the most consecutive wins (20).

O'K, TSLA, Time to break this record.
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 6.46.47 PM.png

Just sent an email to Editor-In-Chief of Canadian magazine, Renovation Contractor. Our voices need to be heard.

Dear Mr. Jim Caruk, Editor-In-Chief, Renovation Contractor Canadian Magazine

Kudos to Renovation Contractor Canadian Magazine for your December 2019 / January 2020 Edition article "Charge It - Everything you need to know about installing electric vehicle chargers", by Alex Newman. Glad to see more and more Green articles and an Annual Green Issue to boot and I enjoy reading your bi-monthly Magazine. From what is otherwise an excellently written and informative article, I do have one issue which I feel requires correction in your next issue. Alex states “New EVs can travel about 100 km on one charge, with some going as far as 160 km”.

Personally, I know my fully electric vehicle, Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD, which I have been driving since June 2018 gets 525 km on one charge. Other EVs currently available have even longer range, such as the Tesla Model S Performance at 560 km on one charge. Heck, even the yet to be released 2020 Porche Taycan Turbo has a range of 323 km. Links to EPA results are provided below.

With information so readily available on Google, why was Alex’s information not checked for accuracy. The article portrays the myth that EVs are only short commuter City range vehicles. Range anxiety is no longer a problem for many EVs. EVs without compromise. Today.

tesla m3 EPA range

Porche Taycan Turbo EPA range

Yours Truly,
FYI, the article was very pro Tesla, mentioned Tesla many times, no other manufacturer was even mentioned, and there was a picture of a model X and another picture of a model 3 charging. Just that one misleading sentence. We are getting closer. Times are a'changing.

TMC forum stats say Cybertruck sub-forum has more topics and messages in 3 weeks than Model Y forum in 9 months.

#marketinggenius
I thought just a few weeks ago that Tesla would Osborne some of the Model Y sales with the Cybertruck. Now I am thinking that all of this attention may actually sell more Model 3/S/X even as it puts some near term buyers into waiting for the Cybertruck. Tesla has gotten millions of dollars worth of free advertising.

I have been of the school that Tesla should pay for some advertising, but now I see that either by accident or design, Tesla has a good thing going here.

I thought just a few weeks ago that Tesla would Osborne some of the Model Y sales with the Cybertruck. Now I am thinking that all of this attention may actually sell more Model 3/S/X even as it puts some near term buyers into waiting for the Cybertruck. Tesla has gotten millions of dollars worth of free advertising.

I have been of the school that Tesla should pay for some advertising, but now I see that either by accident or design, Tesla has a good thing going here.

I think some Cybertruck buyers will reconsider and get a Model Y.

The whole worry about Tesla vehicles Osborning other Tesla vehicles is overstated.

Model 3 did it to Model S to some extent, and Model Y will do it to Model X to a similar extent.

That is because Model 3/Y were both smaller and significantly cheaper.

While people are critical Tesla navigated a tricky mine field in Q1 2019... that is in the past now..

Predictions of 1,000 Model Y per week by say June/July seem right to me, Model Y will not Osborne Model 3 to any great extent, as it will be initially higher priced, and available in smaller volumes.

CT will be shipping probably late 2021 again these are now the higher priced variants and in smaller volumes. by that time Model Y will be ramped to a decent volume... So to get CT instead of Model Y, the customer has to want a CT...

I see all Tesla vehicles as significantly different..

At least this is the position real investors are supposed to take. Don't get me wrong I am not a Cramer fan but there was a criteria that would change his mind. His mind changed once it was met. That's how you are supposed to invest. Not the moronic Shorts method of goal post moving and fake news.

Let's not be surprised if Cramer one-ups the other CNBC employees, and is able to get Elon to sit for an interview on the "Mad Money" show. :cool:

Almond Paste 50%
I do not understand shorty-logic. Is TSLA was deemed a good short at $180-200 range (last big accumulation of short interest coincides with that SP range), then $360+ should be twice as good !
Its a huge shorting opportunity, why would they cover now ?
Margin calls. This may be the only short investment for retail shorts.

I think some Cybertruck buyers will reconsider and get a Model Y.

The whole worry about Tesla vehicles Osborning other Tesla vehicles is overstated.

Model 3 did it to Model S to some extent, and Model Y will do it to Model X to a similar extent.

That is because Model 3/Y were both smaller and significantly cheaper.

While people are critical Tesla navigated a tricky mine field in Q1 2019... that is in the past now..

Predictions of 1,000 Model Y per week by say June/July seem right to me, Model Y will not Osborne Model 3 to any great extent, as it will be initially higher priced, and available in smaller volumes.

CT will be shipping probably late 2021 again these are now the higher priced variants and in smaller volumes. by that time Model Y will be ramped to a decent volume... So to get CT instead of Model Y, the customer has to want a CT...

I see all Tesla vehicles as significantly different..

The lower priced S (75 kWh) which was very popular because of the price was replaced by the 3. I doubt if many of the higher configurations were affected, because people who can afford the higher priced S or X will almost always purchase those. The 3 was too small and no hatchback, so I was not interested. The Y also appears to be too small. Cybertruck and Y are for different markets. 3 and Y are for different markets.

Given that the highest price Cybertruck has about 40% of the reservations and the second highest price also has about 40%, I don't understand why there would be small volumes. The small volume is the lowest priced Cybertruck.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Let's not be surprised if Cramer one-ups the other CNBC employees, and is able to get Elon to sit for an interview on the "Mad Money" show. :cool:
THAT would blow my mind. More than probably anything I've seen this year including the Cybertruck.

I feel it is out of the question that Elon would ever end up on CNBC as a guest.

Predictions of 1,000 Model Y per week by say June/July seem right to me
The Model Y ramp up at Fremont will depend largely upon the continued successful buildout of the Battery Workshop at GF3/Shanghai.

GF3 will be at 3K/wk at some point in 2020H1, and we have strong signs the Fremont is already at 7K/wk. That's 10K packs/wk that have to come from GF1/Sparks. So Model Y will be battery cell constrained in 2020H1 until GF3 can begin their own pack production from locally sourced cells, freeing up those extra 3K packs per week for Model Y at Fremont. Whew, logistics!

Panasonic will (as usual) be under continued pressure to increase cell production throughout 2020. I think the ultimate limiting factor on Model 3/Y output at Fremont is stamping capacity, at about 14K/wk with the existing Schuler press.

That 14K capacity could be allocated as demand requires, ie: 5K Model 3 and 9K Model Y to satisfy initial high demand for Y, and then tilting back toward 3 when GF4 brings more Y capacity online in 2021, and Fremont continues to be the sole source of Model 3 for Europe.

Cheers!

P.S. I think TE needs to build a Gigafactory in Western Australia: Solar, Power-walls/packs and Megapacks. It'll be huge given nascent demand for TE products.

Last edited:
Model Y will not Osborne Model 3 to any great extent, as it will be initially higher priced, and available in smaller volumes.

Since Model Y will come out soon the Osborning effect will be short. Moreover when people bought the 3 instead of the S Tesla received less money, when people will buy the Y instead of the 3 Tesla will get profit. It will hurt a bit the X sales, but considering the fact that Y should have high profit margin that is OK.
At least this is the position real investors are supposed to take. Don't get me wrong I am not a Cramer fan but there was a criteria that would change his mind. His mind changed once it was met. That's how you are supposed to invest. Not the moronic Shorts method of goal post moving and fake news.

Cramer is a clown, but not a moron. I personally do not care about his opinion, but many people do. He has started to act as an unpaid Tesla car, solar roof and TSLA stock salesmen. This is a positive development for Tesla.

Good spot. But there’s also something in the bible about camels finding it easier to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich to enter the gates of heaven.
Please........ no fairy tales here.

Mod: Here endeth the lesson. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
The lower priced S (75 kWh) which was very popular because of the price was replaced by the 3. I doubt if many of the higher configurations were affected, because people who can afford the higher priced S or X will almost always purchase those. The 3 was too small and no hatchback, so I was not interested. The Y also appears to be too small. Cybertruck and Y are for different markets. 3 and Y are for different markets.

Given that the highest price Cybertruck has about 40% of the reservations and the second highest price also has about 40%, I don't understand why there would be small volumes. The small volume is the lowest priced Cybertruck.

By small volumes I mean it will take time to ramp, so small volumes available initially.

I agree Model Y and Cybertruck are very different, there is no significant overlap......

What I am saying is some percentage of Cybertruck buyers may reconsider and get a Model Y for reasons or price and earlier availability.
That depends in part of how they were intending to use the vehicle.. I also agree that some buyers will wait, as they only want or need a Cybertruck...

I'm just not seeing the flip side, lots of people initially intending to buy a Model Y deciding to wait longer and pay more for a Cybertruck. If they have flipped Cybertruck is what they always needed. But Model Y sells in a popular market segment worldwide, plenty of people want that kind of car.

So, in terms of design influences:
Rivian: LL Bean
ICE: Jim Beam *
Tesla: I Beam

"A Family Of Its Own. Elegant. Smooth. Refined. Over 200** Years of History." - Current Google AdWords result.

Yes, the Model TT only came out in 1917, it's a joke.
You can nest these tags really deep. Also, did you know Jim Beam is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings of Osaka, Japan?
Clearly, the Tesla is not an I Beam but a Truss Beam :p

• Funny
Reactions: S3XY and mongo