Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so someone asked about the TSLAQ cult and mostly it's just silliness, but some is sillier. "8/ Look at Norway. Look at the ROW. Look at the declines in the rate of sales in important markets. After an initial burst, once Tesla’s shoddy build quality filters into the market, sales ALWAYS slow."

So, let me get this straight: there initial sales would have kept going if only it weren't for Tesla's well known lack of quality? Got it.

Oh, but I do have one question? How are Tesla's "low volume" sales in Norway compared to other car manufacturers? What does that say about the relative quality of the cars? :eek:

good TSLAQ reference: Confessions Of A Twitter $TSLAQ Troll | CleanTechnica

When Tim Seymour, appearing on CNBC, showed his short chart (babychart?) for TSLA revealing his target cover price (circled and underlined) at $370, he was visibly shaking.
So now that day, that price, that time has come!
Short shorts are shaking today!
Shake it baby, shake it!
Shake, rattle, and roll us a 420!
That’s all I want for Christmas this year.

some shorts are shaking,

fwiw, I suspect Tim was not shaking because some Tesla trades were costing him money.

I think the shaking was more likely for his having to go from his usual unchallenged bs-ing sitting at the table, to standing next to a chart that was highlighting his bs-ing on live TV. I don't think Tim's Tesla gains have to do with how a short position goes... I think he has, uh, friends, incentivizing his rhetoric.

I think it's a near certainty we hear a bearish view from Tim if he's actually asked about Tesla... and probably better than 50% that he moves the goal posts, and talks about a short position in Tesla as of today (might even claim to have covered during the brief dip into $320s since his last appearance, and re-shorting up over $370).

Last edited:
This is built-up buying pressure of the billions of dollars that don't want to be left behind in the 20th century as the world moves into the 21st century coupled with the forced buying pressure from shorts who are being kicked into the gutter for the worthless cretins they are.
Like sea level rise, soon all shorts will be underwater.

Opus-the-Penguin-Plush-Bloom-County-Berkeley-Breathed.jpg

In the category, "problems I don't mind having"
TSLA, as a tier 1 NMS stock (part of the Russel 1000) has an upwards circuit breaker of 10% (as well as the downwards).
We are currently at 6.47%, so be aware there may be a pause in trading in the near future if this trend continues ($394.23 trigger).

What Are Circuit Breakers?
Russell 1000 Index - Wikipedia

EDIT: Thanks to @MP3Mike for reminding me that unlike the uptick rule, this circuit breaker is referenced to a running average, not the previous closing price.
From the linked article (that I did not read enough of):
If trading outside of these bands persists for 15 seconds, trading is halted for five minutes. The reference price is calculated using the average price over the previous 5 minutes, and the maximum allowed pause is 10 minutes.

Last edited:
In the category, "problems I don't mind having"
TSLA, as a tier 1 NMS stock (part of the Russel 1000) has an upwards circuit breaker of 10% (as well as the downwards).
We are currently at 6.47%, so be aware there may be a pause in trading in the near future if this trend continues ($394.23 trigger).

What Are Circuit Breakers?
Russell 1000 Index - Wikipedia

That isn't how they work. The period of time we are in, 9:45 am-3:35 pm, the circuit break is a 5% change held for at least 15 seconds over the average price of the last 5 minutes. So there is no stop to a slow steady rise.

I spent the last little while on the phone with Tesla service trying to get a tire repaired. I got off the phone slightly annoyed (like a lot of us have been- I know, I know there is no need to belabor that point). Then I checked my computer, and have been laughing nonstop for like 5 minutes now. Funny how one's mood can change so quickly. Damn tire still isn't fixed though. :p

Go buy a new one. :rolleyes:

Congress Quietly Considers A De Facto Bailout For Tesla And GM

"Put in plain English, what Congress is considering is a bailout for Tesla and GM, one that overtly discriminates against these other automakers."

Forbes is trying to earn itself some advertising revenue while there is still some left. Desperation knows no limits...

Uuuahahahahah :D

David Blackmon is an independent energy analyst/consultant based in Mansfield, TX. David has enjoyed a 39-year career in the oil and gas industry, the last 23 years of which were spent in the public policy arena, managing regulatory and legislative issues for various companies, including Burlington Resources, Shell, El Paso Corporation, FTI Consulting and LINN Energy.

Most of us who've been around a while have had exuberant days and depressing ones, as in TSLA, often on the same security. Pardon me if I just enjoy the ups when they happen, but don't get too giddy.

After all, there are definite warning signs too, especially for the overall market.

That said, I most certainly am not selling one iota of my current holdings. When my portfolio rises by more than my annual expenditures in three hours I obviously am happy. OTOH, I also survive when the opposite has happened. Stay calm and understand that being a long term investor requires strong nerves.

I love being right almost as much as I love all this money I'm making.

Suck it bears. Suck it oil industry. Suck it Koch Bros. Suck it every analyst ever.
the $ is just your grade ... being right about this is a benefit for everyone on planet earth ... even those betting against their very existence