Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that price blew past really fast. But got mine. The screenshot was harder to take.

Stonks.png

Screenshot_20191223_084134_co.peeksoft.stocks.jpg

Last edited:
Oh completely agree, but people don't wake up randomly with a fundamentally different perception of something without fundamentally new information.

I invested a decent sum between $198 and $190 (on the way down and then on the way up again) so I am WAY happy - this is my best investment since Mastercard and it happened twice as fast. I just think it's interesting no one is even trying to explain it.

Happy Holidays!

Think earthquake, avalanche or any other non-linear process - these things happen.

I'm not certain that's the only explanation, but it's certainly one of the factors.

Dammit I've been busy and I'm 25 pages behind!!!

CNBC is hilarious. Boeing is causing them to wheel out all the usual commenters and pundits. They just had Kara Swisher AND Jeffrey Sonnenfeld on and didnt ask either one of them about Tesla at all. (While it was at $421)

As soon as they said goodbye to Sonnenfeld they cut to a graph of TSLA.

Clearly they are trying to suppress the stock...this isn't journalism. In times gone by they would have given Sonnenfeld as much time as he wanted to rail on Tesla

Dammit I've been busy and I'm 25 pages behind!!!

CNBC is hilarious. Boeing is causing them to wheel out all the usual commenters and pundits. They just had Kara Swisher AND Jeffrey Sonnenfeld on and didnt ask either one of them about Tesla at all. (While it was at $421)

As soon as they said goodbye to Sonnenfeld they cut to a graph of TSLA.

Clearly they are trying to suppress the stock...this isn't journalism. In times gone by they would have given Sonnenfeld as much time as he wanted to rail on Tesla

Well they have been giving the analysts negative on the stock lots of airtime over the month/years so essentially been encouraging their listeners to not buy long term. Bet those listeners aren’t too happy now at their missed opportunity if they kept taking their advice... so of course CNBC would want to downplay Tesla.

I agree. I think what we're seeing is a snowball affect of all these Model 3s in the wild. We're generating a solid 100,000 new super-bulls per quarter (i.e. new Tesla owners). For for everyone else, it's getting harder and harder to maintain the impression that Tesla vehicles are a tiny niche of poorly-made, dangerous, exotic, risky vehicles for super-rich granola eaters when you see dozens of them on your commute to work every day. It's a gradual process, but it has an inflection point that we're in the process of crossing.

This. I wouldn't even say they're 100k new super-bulls/quarter. They're simply people that bought Teslas and largely like them a lot. Sales are not evenly distributed, but there are more and more places outside of CA where it's simply no longer possible to view Tesla as some niche automaker that may or may not be worth looking at. Here in CO my kids and I have a game where on each drive we get points for each Tesla we spot. Sometime earlier this year we crossed the point where we pretty much never end even a short trip with zero points. Teslas are all over the place, and we frequently see several on each trip around town.

The Denver area is a high-concentration Tesla area that's probably one one of the highest outside of CA due to Colorado's generous EV credit, but we're nowhere near CA. With the Q4 push I imagine several other metro areas will be crossing the same threshold I described above. As 2020 moves along, it'll continue to happen in more areas. This is a phenomenon that can't be overstated. It's one thing to hear about Tesla, it's another (very valuable one) to see/speak to a family member or neighbor who has one. It's an entirely different thing to see them everywhere you look. That helps a lot in getting the less early-adopting public to take a serious look at the cars.