Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S/X deliveries of 19.5k are fantastic, because they did this with just a single shift AFAIK
Lol, that single shift didn't do any Deliveries; they did the Production (17,933 S/X).

Whole lotta shortin' goin' on today... they had to reset their defences at $440, now they've fallen back to $450 but the seige engine is rollin' up to the castle moat.

Cheers!

So now that S&P inclusion is moving into the highly likely category this just seems insane. How do you add what could soon be a $100 billion company to the index? I guess we’ll find out this year.

It will be disruptive to add such a monster to every SP500 index fund in the world.

I love disruption!:cool:

A serious note: As I've divulged before, when I departed Wall St in the mid-90s for the safety of backwoods Alaska, I also gave away almost all my money. Didn't need it - no wife; no family.

Stuff Tesla happened. (Wife & family, too). As staggering to me as it can be, as of a few moments ago I now have more assets than I ever got rid of. Gracious.

I think you are misinterpreting this: the reason they only made ~1,000 cars in Q4 at GF3 was to reduce cash consumption: at ~$45k ASP they'd have cost of goods of around $30k per unit, so these 1,000 units are already using up ~$30m of cash.

There was very little reason to consume more cash in Q4, with 112k deliveries they probably knew it in early December already that they'll meet 360k guidance without any GF3 contribution, instead they demonstrated burst capacity of both equipment and their first shift at GF3 to beyond 3k/week throughput (which is amazing), trained their workforce, made the first ~1,000 units and are going to scale up their supply chain and their second shift in Q1 and hit 3k/week and beyond, and deliver most of the cars in Q1.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 20k production out of GF3 in Q1, maybe more.
Absolutely, but almost certainly more. We suspect they were constrained due to seats (just ramping up in China) and batteries (LG has some and CATL was pending for unstated reasons) although they apparently do have pack capacity already.

I predict there will be ~22,000 from GF-3 Q1 with sales >23,000. (The extra will be P etc exported from US)
Less will surprise me, a little more will not. People keep thinking this is analogous to initial Model 3 ramp up. Nothing could be further from the truth.

the only real negative I see (Fremont M3 production growth wasn't that great
Model 3 Production at Fremont in 2019:

Q4:86,958 / Q3:79,837 = +8.9% QoQ (or +35.7% annualized)

Just what would you call great? :p

Cheers!

P.S. Macros are recovering. NASDAQ-100 has regained half of what it gave up at today's Opening.