Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting how they are all patting themselves on their backs telling each other how smart they are and how important their jobs sound.

It really cement the same failures that occurs over and over when a roomful of smart ppl get together and decides to tackle the stock market.

Almost like academic intelligence is a guaranteed failure in the market. Yet I can't say that the ones that succeed aren't intelligent either.

It almost seems like, to succeed in the market. You need to be intelligent and posses something else. This "something else" I am starting to get a grasp on. It has some similarity to an understanding that intelligence usually lead a person to a dead end where they are sure of a certain fact. They then pursue that fact to prove it just like they do in academia or their job. But the absolute certainty of an event to be true is the exact mindset to fail in the market.
PLEASE everyone: make sure you - and we collectively - do not fall into that same, 'tho reversed, trap. Self-moderation, to make a wry remark.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog and capster
Starlink should be a great cash cow for SpaceX and absolutely will greatly help fund Mars colonization. But the costs to colonize Mars also depend on how fast the funders wish to get it well established. Elon wants a Mars colony to reach sustainability in his lifetime. That will take tens of billions more than Starlink will generate. IMO it's pretty certain Elon will choose to use some of his personal fortune to get there sooner.
I can think of nothing to keep him from using a staggeringly large Line of Credit against unsold stock to access many, many billions.

If you buy into the theory that most of the short position is funded from the fossil fuel industry(which I fall into that camp), I am curious at what stock price, the cost of the short gets so extreme that even they're forced to cover :eek:
When they run out of money to pay their mouthpieces? Apparently no money left for Bob Lutz.

Bout 700-800k shares of selling volume there for the 10 mins straight. I consider any close above 490/share to be a very positive thing for going forward. Lots of chances for the stock to heavily retrace down today and 2 times now we've see batches of very heavy selling.....which to me is a good thing. Means either shorts are adding to their position or long term holders are taking profits...but that their selling is getting matched with new buying :)

Conclusion

The White House OSTP encourages a future in which the United States is a global leader in AV technology. The U.S. Government offers AV innovators and entrepreneurs an ideal environment to develop and integrate AV technology while prioritizing safety, security, and privacy for users and communities; promoting efficient markets; and facilitating coordinated research efforts nationwide. In preparation for emerging and innovative AV technology, the U.S. Government will provide policies, guidance, and best practices; conduct appropriate research and pilot programs; and offer necessary assistance to help plan for and invest in a dynamic and flexible future for all Americans.

sounds constructive. I only skimmed, but it doesn't seem like they are openly trying stifle innovation for Autonomous Vehicles.

Profit taking going on?

Likely weak longs taking profits, which would include day-traders required to exit positions before the close. Apparently they choose not to hang around to admire any margin-call enforced short covering during the trading session tomorrow, that might push TSLA nicely above $500. :cool:

Last edited:
BTW, I've had CNBC on for about 2-3 hours now and while I'm not paying close attention, haven't heard them mention that Tesla is knocking on 500/share.
They were suppose to talk about it in the 2pm est segment but they canceled it. Becky had the graphic up on next to her on what is coming up and she paused for a bit then it went away. They never said Tesla or anything about it