Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

$TSLA short int is $13.69bn ; 27.82mm shs shorted; 20.79% of float; 0.30% borrow fee. Shs shorted up +464k shs, +1.7%, over last 30 days as price rose +45% & up +132k shs,+0.5%, last week. Shorts down -$2.02bn in January mark-to-market losses after being down -$632mm yesterday.

Short: Excuse me, dear financial manager, can I please have a little bit more rope to hang myself?

Shocking. Jeez people, isn't your goal to make money?

Catching a falling knife is bad.

So is trying to hold down a rising balloon.

Reactions: humbaba
Upper-BB opened at $497.26 today, and increase of $15.69 over yesterday ($481.57). :eek:

TSLA building its own headroom for gains rapidly. :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-01-09.09-30.png

Cheers!

At what point, if any, SP for TSLA will there be additional capex funding or raise for upcoming GFx? What is the status of solar at Buffalo GF? Will there be another solar GF coming? Presumably the blueprint of GF3 at Shanghai is the pathway forward to additional continental GF after Germany...

MMD appears to have been even less effective today, though it's still early.
if anything like the last few open/pre looks- super red on open vs green, today will dip hard and then go up ~$100 (because volume is way larger now + that % is relatively smaller) wishful thinking that what I was seeing in the last weeks charts holds the same now anyway....hmm, maybe that was just Xmas i was thinking of lol

Spiegel didn't cover it voluntary. His broker covered for him. That's forced margin call covering. Just like when his broker forced covered for him from 20% to 10%. You think that lunatic Spiegel has any common sense to do that himself?

Yep.

If you have an average short "buy-in" of $280, you're already looking at 75%+ losses in your position. (20% to 5%)

His covering is forced to prevent losses of over 100%. He is just a lying slimeball, his broker covered all the positions entered under $280.