Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a joke. May as well say stick his fingers in his ears and yell "la la la". Totally somebody you want to take investment advice from.

TESLAQ has invented the internet version of the ST-TOS “Tantalus Device”. Press a button and your enemies disappear.
Along with their investment money. Poof.

Well, it didn't disappear. Some of it is in my account now.

Thanks - CBNC has a similar facility, but it doesn't look as nice as that. Curiously, I use Yahoo's chart and options though, will try the list too.

View attachment 500094

I cover this eventuality by setting sell orders on all my positions way above the current price. As the stock price organically moves upwards I reassess these and move them higher if necessary.

For example, when we were down in the $200's, my first sell order was $415 , next one $595, etc, up to around $1495. Yes, laughable now, but I thought it was commiserate in case of a squeeze back then. These have subsequently been "upped".

Same strategy on my options, but much more of a multiplier...

Like many other here, I'm stressed at the thought of a real squeeze and believe most of us retailer investors won't get the benefit of it, the big funds, with their bots will take all the gains. I prefer this long, sustained squeeze like we're getting now - +$100 every month for a few years and that suits me just fine!

Thanks.

So far my single largest trade order was a 33k Euro buy. So let's imagine for a moment that a VW/Porsche style short squeeze were to happen and in the time frame of about 1 day, the SP shoots up to 4k $. A sell order of just a few hundred shares would then equal 1 million dollars. That would be a trade pretty far above my league, so having to react quickly to an extremely volatile price in that situation would not be optimal.

And if a market maker had been a bit too optimistic (or greedy) about their selling of call options and desperately needed to get their hands on some shares at a low price, I wouldn't be surprised if during such extreme volatility, that they wouldn't try to front-run me, to the tune of even just 5% or something else that could be considered real money.

So I like this apparent and ongoing short squeeze assisted by good news - and I actually like it a lot that the SP goes up, yet the total dollar amount of short sold Tesla seems to not go down. As long as that is the case, the squeeze will have power to run from.

Teslaquila is coming! Remember Elon said they are just finishing up on getting the glass right. I think we're going to see that "bulletproof" look. The bottle will sport that marque. Well, two marques. :D

This will guarantee a huge number of display only sales. So a limited edition of half a million bottles at $99/bottle. It will sell out in a few days at most. A quick $50M - COGS. Plus everybody talks about it.
Problem is shipping liquids, though. I actually ordered a bunch of Palo Alto Firefighters Hot Pepper Sauce but it was cancelled because US Post refused to ship it overseas. Such a pity, I'm almost out and it would have made a fantastic present for the holidays.

The same fate will likely befall Teslaquilla, I fear. Otherwise a typically brilliant marketing idea!

No commentary necessary...

Wow, don't try to correct anything wrong TSLAQ says, or they block you. :oops: When I showed this to my wife, it occurred to me that maybe some of these TSLAQ people, like TeslaCharts, don't really believe what they are saying, know they are stating something entirely wrong and misleading, but just don't want ANYONE to refute it. That's the only explanation I could come up with that would explain why someone would prefer to stay in such a horrible echo chamber.

In the spirit of "pride goeth before the fall" I'd like to suggest a little less strutting and preening here. Any idiot can make money when the stock he's bullish on goes up and up and up. We're all pleased, but we're not all suddenly geniuses.

If you're an actual trading genius, please tell me when we're about to see TSLA drop more than 10%. And no, it doesn't count if you tell me afterwards.
I'm a genius because the timing of that 10% dtop doesn't matter. In the long run Tesla is going to dominate and I am going to hodl. GENIUS!

Wow, don't try to correct anything wrong TSLAQ says, or they block you. :oops: When I showed this to my wife, it occurred to me that maybe some of these TSLAQ people, like TeslaCharts, don't really believe what they are saying, know they are stating something entirely wrong and misleading, but just don't want ANYONE to refute it. That's the only explanation I could come up with that would explain why someone would prefer to stay in such a horrible echo chamber.
Hmm, that sounds familiar, I wonder where they got that idea?

when speaking of analysts......
...... I personally disregard all of them just figuring everyone has their own agenda to push. Is it because their overall thesis points to Tesla increasing in value, which I imagine is congruent with yours? Or, is there something fundamentally good you see about their research vs. others?

I cannot remember the other female analysts name, who used to push Tesla. She was/is held in a very high opinion on this board, People really liked her notes, then she left wherever to pursue other things. I remember seeing a video of her reacting to her first time in a Tesla, and was simply shocked that an analyst, held in very high esteem, had never gone to see the product they write about. Seemed miles away from any first-principal reasoning to myself. That event was eye opening for sure, and hence the question above.

this is the video I was referencing. could not believe it. how can you recommend a stock ssince 2010...and not driven the car?
its easier to hold in praise the 'analysts' that hold your same viewpoint, but probably bad from an 'investing' point of view.

lets take a moment to reflect on echo chambers, for a second, and remember all the oppostional stances that have been removed from ours.

I know but the funny thing is I felt like we lost ground too. Boy a couple more dips like this and we'll have lost all the way to 600...
Earlier, I looked at the stock price and went, "Wow! $535, that's high!" before realizing it was a fall from $547. Not that $535 (or the close of $537.92) is bad, it's just that $TSLA has climbed so fast I'm no longer calibrated.

$TSLA, when closing +2.49% with a new all time high feels like a loss