Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when speaking of analysts......

this is the video I was referencing. could not believe it. how can you recommend a stock ssince 2010...and not driven the car?
its easier to hold in praise the 'analysts' that hold your same viewpoint, but probably bad from an 'investing' point of view.

lets take a moment to reflect on echo chambers, for a second, and remember all the oppostional stances that have been removed from ours.
My issue is that most of the people who disagree with me regarding Tesla seem to use outright incorrect information to support their positions. The valid negative critiques I've heard in the past couple years have slowly gone by the wayside. I try to make it a point to question my own assumptions and biases. Probably with mixed success to be fair.

- and if their spouse just happened to buy a Tesla, would they be allowed to drive it? :)
Definitely not. I remember in business school we had some students who worked for Coke (they had a large campus nearby) but the campus was a Pepsi campus. They had to go across the street to the gas station to buy drinks because they were concerned about being seen using a competing product. If you are paying somebody to drive your car, you had better not catch them in a different brand.

They are trying to protect their positions/opinions. If shorts are exposed out outside opinions, some of them may develop doubts which makes shorting more difficult. It also could be regular old confirmation bias. People in general don't like hearing opinions that are different from their own.

I know. It's only up $13 for the day and part of me is disappointed.

That is probably an important piece of information regarding where the stock is.

On the contrary, I wouldn't mind seeing a more steady climb with pullbacks interspersed. I would feel less jittery about a rapid retrace.

Ok, this rally is nuts. Market cap is at $97.0B while VW has a cap of $101.5B. Are we prepared to convince the market that Tesla really worth more than Volkswagen? Is this price level $538/share sustainable. I mean, come on, folks! I'm not selling. But it's like 8:15 in the evening: time for the party to be over! I mean, come on!! People, go home already.

-Grumpy old guy thesis

Looking at the various automaker market caps I noticed the ordering is as follows:

1. Japan @ ~$318B (Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Mazda)
2. Germany @ ~$212B (VW, Daimler, BMW)
3. USA @ ~$184B (Tesla, GM, Ford)
4. China @ ~$103B (SAIC, Geely, BYD, Dongfeng, BAIC, Changan)
Conclusion based on this data. Losing WWII translates into huge domestic auto industries. :D

Whoopsie doodle. I managed to get blocked by the CEO of a fuel cell company today. He was snarking arguing with me and then I sent him this tweet:

I suggest
1: stick to the facts
2: Stop preening. It does nothing for the credibility of your arguments. Elon Musks resume beats yours to smithereens
3: don’t go down the route of Tesla kills children. It undermines everything else you say

Did I say something wrong?

Last edited:
Ok, this rally is nuts. Market cap is at $97.0B while VW has a cap of $101.5B. Are we prepared to convince the market that Tesla really worth more than Volkswagen? Is this price level $538/share sustainable. I mean, come on, folks! I'm not selling. But it's like 8:15 in the evening: time for the party to be over! I mean, come on!! People, go home already.

-Grumpy old guy thesis

Volkswagen free cash flow over the trailing twelve months: minus $8.4 billion Euros. Tesla's is about a billion dollars.

Growth of the topline at 3% versus growth of the topline at 50%+.

Ross is a Tesla fanboi spokesperson. I do not think I have learned anything from him. His job is not being an analyst. His main job is to sell his financial services. He exploits the free screen time to talk about Tesla advertize his services. Good for him. He is definitely not worse than most talking heads.

I spent the day with him last year, interviewing him for hours. The biggest thing that struck me: he really believes in the don't-put-all-your-eggs-in-one-basket and diversify-your-portfolio philosophies. This new revelation proves it.

-Grumpy old guy thesis
Don't forget, Tesla is quite a bit more than an old school car company. That's why I don't feel these comparisons are entirely fair: what does VW do other than make cars? Do they even make as much of the car as Tesla does?

I think this is the beginning of market recognition of Tesla's future potential -- both as a car manufacturer and as more than a car manufacturer.

I spent the day with him last year, interviewing him for hours. The biggest thing that struck me: he really believes in the don't-put-all-your-eggs-in-one-basket and diversify-your-portfolio philosophies. This new revelation proves it.
Who needs money manager if money manager just All In/YOLO/WSB into a single stock? Can do that myself

Shopping is still open, I ordered another shirt this morning that I'll keep in the bag until I pick up my Cybertruck and go home to Celebrate with a shot of TeslaQuila.
Congrats to the longs and thanks to all the Contributors here who posted positive information opposite all the negative press and giving me the confidence to buy while the share price was taking a nose dive. Thank You!!

Same sentiment here ... thank you especially to frequent "heavy content" posters:

karen rei, artful dodger, stealthp3d, curt renz, nocturnal, neroden, kruggerand, starfoxisdown, lycanthrope, cliffski, anthonyj, cherry wine, fact checking, m3 rider , todd burch, marcusmaximus and many others i cant remember right now ...

your insightful posts helped me to keep the faith back in April/May/June 2019 and hold Long TSLA and even to add to my position during the May/June 2019 lows

and no you folks don't get a commission :rolleyes: this our shared free "not -advice"

BTW i have noticed a lot of fair weather posters have shown up lately on this thread... did not see many of you back in Spring/Summer of 2019 ... hang around this time if we hit another rough patch in the near term :D

I will say it now since i think once TSLA is included in SP 500 and as the # of shares outstanding continue to increase it will be difficult to maintain such a focused group of knowledgeable individual investors/traders going forward ... I for one will look back at the time i spent on this thread during the last year as a period of great excitement and as a "unique moment in time" and Teslas history ...

I am sure some of the earliest investors have been through this before but I only got in to TSLA shares in 2016 so the last year has been a really big deal to me. Thank You !!!

Google just gave me a heart attack. (I checked, it's not real and has been fixed)

wat.JPG

Well, that's a noble goal though, you don't want to be homeless:

View attachment 500238
I'm hoping the rental program ramps quickly. I'm not confident that I'll stay in my home long enough to justify a solar roof or even a traditional system, but a rental takes away that risk. Honestly I'd be happy to do it at a break even price just to know I was filling my car and part of my home use with more green energy. I wonder how many others feel that way. Elon, if you are listening. You can keep the profit!

-Grumpy old guy thesis
As you can see from the post above yours, Tesla is not just a car company. Volkswagen doesn't have solar panels or roofs, or battery storage, or Superchargers...