Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think its silly at all. Let me paint a picture for you...

6 months ago, I had 1,300 TSLA shares, roughly around 90% of all liquid capital I have (net worth if you like). I kept roughly another $100k in other shares and $100k in cash. When TSLA share price dropped from $350 to $183 early this year, I was still very confident in TSLA, for that reason I did not sell any shares, but I didn't want to go absolutely all in because then I would be left with nothing if it did crash and there was a small but real chance (maybe 10-20% chance I calculated, even Elon said they were "very close" when they couldn't get Model 3 ramping).

I have a small family, just turned 40 etc. I am playing a long game with TSLA, I don't want to sell any at all...at least not until $3,000 per share, so whether I buy the shares at $180 or $500 doesnt matter that much long term. Since the share price has been increasing again, I have bought another 300 sahres all the way up to $540, trying to take advantages of MMDs and small rebounds along the way.

I still want another 200 shares to get to a 0.001% share holding of the company then I will stop and hold long term. That will be family's legacy for the next 40 years!
This is the only attitude to have on this if you’re long. Great plan, strong conviction and it’s paying off.

I will say back in May when it was at $180 the concern of Tesla folding didn’t seem real. I recall more talk of buyouts from the likes of Apple or Google. But late 2018 prior to Q3 seemed more dire. It felt heavily manipulated back in the spring though, I think for me it was just about holding onto the word of Musk that kept saying Q3 and 4 will be a return to profitability. Once we got there I felt it could take off

Things that make you go “Hmmm”

Third Row Podcast on Twitter

2828DEA1-50AA-482B-AFA9-3A8B2ED6A229.jpeg

Anyone can get a free account at http://tipranks.com to see this analist Adam Jonas' record analyzing not just TSLA, but all the equities in his teams' "coverage universe". It is laughable:

Capture.PNG

Do MS clients get advance notice of his actions so they can trade TSLA ahead of the public and in advance of Jonas' legal market manipulations?

My background research reveals he is about 45 years old, grew up in Canton, OH and graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Finance in 1996 from the University of Michigan. If I were hiring analists, I would want people with advanced degrees and/or experience in the industries they are analizing. Mr. Jonas has neither. No wonder his success rate is a coin flip!

It gets even worse when you look at his record with names like GM: (just do the opposite of what he recommends!)

upload_2020-1-16_7-36-17.png

Meet Adam Jonas, Morgan Stanley's Head of Global Auto & Shared Mobility Research | Morgan Stanley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-jonas-6b4599120/ (he only has 1 connection on LinkedIn so doesn't understand or value professional social networking I guess. Let's all bombard and overwhelm his email inbox with "CONNECT" requests! I just did along with the message "Love reading your TSLA analysis! Keep up the great work!" ;-)

upload_2020-1-16_7-50-5.png

I think his TSLA "sell" is just designed to shove the price down temporarily so MS clients can scoop-up shares prior to the earnings call, rinse and repeat.

I *feel* like shorting MS stock, trading at a 52-week high! Its market cap is now ironically 91.758B or slightly higher than TSLA due to Jonas' downgrade. LMFAO (I've never shorted anything in my life and now is not the time to start!)

Russ

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-16_7-28-35.png
    upload_2020-1-16_7-28-35.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
"Hey you, 2018 Me, yeah it's Me, 2020 you."
"Me? You? What?"
"Yeah shut up, so listen. Fun fact here."
"uhh, ok"
"There will be a day in January where you get real sad because TSLA is down to $500."
"LOL, I guess I develop a really bad meth problem in 2020 because you sound crazy."

I'm hoping this adds more weight to the potential big upside if ER really beats expectations. If not I'm not unhappy with 500 being the new 300.

Do MS clients get advance notice of his actions so they can trade TSLA ahead of the public and in advance of Jonas' legal market manipulations?
I can't imagine that they don't.

Last edited:
Anyone can get a free account at http://tipranks.com to see this analist Adam Jonas' record analyzing not just TSLA, but all the equities in his teams' "coverage universe". It is laughable:

View attachment 500831

My background research reveals he is about 45 years old, grew up in Canton, OH and graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Finance in 1996 from the University of Michigan. If I were hiring analists, I would want people with advanced degrees and/or experience in the industries they are analizing. Mr. Jonas has neither. No wonder his success rate is a coin flip!

It gets even worse when you look at his record with names like GM: (just do the opposite of what he recommends!)

View attachment 500818

Meet Adam Jonas, Morgan Stanley's Head of Global Auto & Shared Mobility Research | Morgan Stanley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-jonas-6b4599120/ (he only has 1 connection on LinkedIn so doesn't understand or value professional social networking I guess. Let's all bombard and overwhelm his email inbox with "CONNECT" requests! I just did along with the message "Love reading your TSLA analysis! Keep up the great work!" ;-)

View attachment 500827

I think his TSLA "sell" is just designed to shove the price down temporarily so MS clients can scoop-up shares prior to the earnings call, rinse and repeat.

I *feel* like shorting MS stock, trading at a 52-week high! Its market cap is now ironically 91.758B or slightly higher than TSLA due to Jonas' downgrade. LMFAO (I've never shorted anything in my life and now is not the time to start!)

Russ

Lol @ his 49% accuracy stat......analysts are similar to weather broadcasters here in Fl...they have a 50/50 chance of being right (or just flip a coin similar to Tommy from Peaky Blinders for same accuracy).

• Funny
Reactions: neezer and engle
"Hey you, 2018 Me, yeah it's Me, 2020 you."
"Me? You? What?"
"Yeah shut up, so listen. Fun fact here."
"uhh, ok"
"There will be a day in January where you get real sad because TSLA is down to $500."
"LOL, I guess I develop a really bad meth problem in 2020 because you sound crazy."

I'm hoping this adds more weight to the potential big upside if ER really beats expectations. If not I'm not unhappy with 500 being the new 300.

I can't imagine that they don't.
What is meth? What is meth problem? Do you mean math?