Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then they have some killer peripheral vision...
View attachment 376135

I think its possible. I’ve been in a very similar intersection configuration. I saw the driver coming out of the corner of my eye - the motion. Had no time to brake, but was able to turn hard right. As a result I had minor hood buckling and lost my driver headlight. The car that hit me lost front bumper and a bunch of other damage, had to be towed and the driver went to the hospital. I drove to work.

I think its possible. I’ve been in a very similar intersection configuration. I saw the driver coming out of the corner of my eye - the motion. Had no time to brake, but was able to turn hard right. As a result I had minor hood buckling and lost my driver headlight. The car that hit me lost front bumper and a bunch of other damage, had to be towed and the driver went to the hospital. I drove to work.

Yah, not saying it's not possible. However, in your case you swerved and didn't brake whereas this car braked and didn't swerve. Were it a 90 degree intersection, or if there were signs of head movement, I'd be more on the human intervention side.
Not that my opinion matters to reality anyway. :)

Tom‏ @TSLAQQ
Tesla completed the Model 3 Design in 2015. This 4-year-old design forced Audi and Porsche to rework their 2-year-old program they want to produce in 2 years, likely delaying by another year. So the fact that OEMs are 5-10 years behind Tesla is confirmed.

I believe Tesla's schedule was quite a bit more aggressive, with pencils down on Model 3 only in the the summer of 2016,
Tesla Model 3: pencil down on design, Tesla confirms still on schedule [Updated]

I would share your sentiment if not for fact that only people that will pay price for delusional management in these companies are common workers (now unemployed not by their fault). Top guys will land on gold parachutes and find other companies to mismanage for muchos moolah.

The common worker has to educate himself and see what’s coming, just like we do. I’d be taking night school or online course and getting myself set up to change careers and make myself valuable.

I am a really funny guy.

Not seeing it or reading it. Maybe your funny doesn’t translate well into written word. Like maybe it’s your facial expressions and body language that’s funny. Or maybe that you can do impersonations. Your alias has a certain funny charm except that you’ve chosen dog and this is quite clearly a cat forum.

There's been some discussion on reddit already: New Analysis Challenges Bold Tesla Claims - for the vehicles in which all of the relevant data are known, Whitfield found that the airbag deployment crash rate increased by 59 percent after Autosteer technology was added : teslamotors

Here's a partial debunking by u/tracksyde:

So basically, this guy tossed out all the data for the cars where the starting mileage was not reported (miles on the car when Autosteer was installed). The claim is that the NHTSA assumed "miles-at-time-of-installation" for the cars without complete mileage data was zero.

The sample data was based on model year 2014 through 2016 S and 2016 X vehicles.

Autopilot was first offered in October 2014.

It appears to me that it is quite possible that it is true that all the cars without complete mileage data should be treated as 0 miles since most EAP purchases are made at the time of purchase, not afterwards via OTA.

Even if its not zero, its definitely somewhere in-between. But for this study's author to toss out the other 39,000 or so vehicle samples and then base his claims on just that subset shows he's simply doing it to create an inflammatory headline.​
Study's author lives near me Louis Botelho on Twitter

Yah, not saying it's not possible. However, in your case you swerved and didn't brake whereas this car braked and didn't swerve. Were it a 90 degree intersection, or if there were signs of head movement, I'd be more on the human intervention side.
Not that my opinion matters to reality anyway. :)

Well, I did brake of course. But I turned the wheel first because I already knew braking alone wouldn’t be enough to avoid the crash. I didn’t want to T-bone the other car - my foot wasn’t going to be fast enough. Sorry for not being more clear. I almost managed it avoid the whole thing.

Yes, I had time to think about all that. I’m one of those people where time slows and I think clearly and fast in high stress situations. I of course about peed my pants 10 minutes later.

I do agree that I believe this was all car having experienced it in my 3.

Of course your opinion matters - to your mum.

Last edited:
Looks like Elon’s leaving Oslo.
View attachment 376118

OK, so no Model 3s were handed over today in Norway.

Still, on the Norwegian BEV forum there is debate whether these Teslas photographed in the port of Drammen include Model 3s,
Båt transport fra USA til Europa/Norge med TM3'er.
- maybe some owners from TMC who have gotten to know the Model 3 well can provide an informed opinion...

PS. I have flashbacks to the Cold War when I was poring over grainy images of vehicles never before seen in Western Europe. This is so much better than the bad old days...