Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The insurance industry is grounded in actuarial science. The autopilot information streamed from Tesla vehicles will build into a tsunami of safety data. This data and evidence will be accepted by insurance companies without emotion and without bias. They will embrace premium paying customers that present little or no risk with open arms.

Safety and dollars will drive legislation. Names will not matter.
Of course it might come faster if insurance companies weren't heavily invested in fossil fuels.

Listen to Elon Musk how many Model 3 and Y they expect to sell during a recession. At this stage recession can't hurt Tesla much. Legacy car makers really need to worry about recessions.
I have been pondering this same idea actually... i think a recession will accelerate Tesla dominance ...legacy OEM will be forced to make difficult choice to kill ICE cash cow ... 2 platforms (BEV/ICE) will be impossible to fund going forward especially as demand drops ....innovators dilemma will happen more quickly .. right now with good economy it is happening slowly

recession will be catalyst ... added bonus TSLA SP will drop and i can pick up some bargain shares:D

Batterijproblemen kosten jobs bij Audi Brussel

Audi wanted to build 77,000 e-Tron 50, 55 and Sportbacks in Brüssel this year. But because of battery shortages they cut the production with 4,100 to 5,700 EVs in the first quarter of 2020.

They get their batteries from LG.

Source in dutch: Batterijproblemen kosten jobs bij Audi Brussel

Edit: Article also mentions Mercedes cutting production of EQC in half to 30.000 for 2020 but an earlier post in this thread mentioned that Mercedes refuted that claim.

similar news from the Flemish TV:Audi Vorst schrapt 145 interimcontracten omdat batterijleverancier niet kan volgen
145 temp contracts terminated after a scale-up just before newyear because Audi can only get 4000 batteries (doesn’t say in what timeframe). The battery shortage is because the supplier also has higher demand from other car manufacturers.

Congrats $TSLA millionaires! :)

A question for you guys - I assume you are considered accredited investors now, how many of you have invested in SpaceX?

$TSLA is amazing and will be a $Tn company in 5-10 yr but I think SpaceX is going to be 10x that. Not in the same timeframe though, probably 10-20yrs later. Not sure if you guys agree with that?

I can argue with various reasonings but at the very least, indication is that Elon is more passionate about space (Mars in particular) and after acheiving the goal of Tesla in 5-10 yrs (Advancing the advent of...), he will put his energy, soul and money (what's that!?) into SpaceX.

If you have not invested in SpaceX, are there any practical/operational issues? I gather they have a private stock trading every quarter or at least annually to ensure the employees have a marketplace to sell their employee stock.

Long and Strong! HODL! :)

Added some Sept/Oct calls for 2-3 earnings , battery day and maybe ModelY news ...

Thanks for sharing.

I am already very well loaded up, but I thought that what looks to be a short term mini-dip should be exploited for a short term mini-trade.

So for 10.15$ per share I bought me a single 31. Jan. 640$ call, that could look pretty good some time next week.

Happy week-end to everyone. :)

Hit play on the following video before scrolling down:

Ready?

Okay!!!

Tesla's European Model 3 Sales To Decline By 60% In January Based On Registration Data - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

upload_2020-1-24_22-26-56.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Congrats $TSLA millionaires! :)

A question for you guys - I assume you are considered accredited investors now, how many of you have invested in SpaceX?

$TSLA is amazing and will be a $Tn company in 5-10 yr but I think SpaceX is going to be 10x that. Not in the same timeframe though, probably 10-20yrs later. Not sure if you guys agree with that?

I can argue with various reasonings but at the very least, indication is that Elon is more passionate about space (Mars in particular) and after acheiving the goal of Tesla in 5-10 yrs (Advancing the advent of...), he will put his energy, soul and money (what's that!?) into SpaceX.

If you have not invested in SpaceX, are there any practical/operational issues? I gather they have a private stock trading every quarter or at least annually to ensure the employees have a marketplace to sell their employee stock.

Long and Strong! HODL! :)
Can any accredited investor invest in SpaceX??
EDIT- Apparently, no.

Thanks, @sparcs, for-

threads that cover investing in spacex:

How does one become a documented accredited investor, anyway?

Last edited: