Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not a fan of spreading rumors but just received pretty detailed information that has been confirmed from 3 sources Herbert Diess CEO VW Group to leave VW and Blume (CEO Porsche) to take over the seat.

I also heard who takes the CEO role at Porsche and what the reasons are but lets wait if thats just a false rumor or true. To be honest it would be the first time my source tells me something thats not confirmed later.
Alex on Twitter

Tesla leaks new air suspension coming for Model 3 - Electrek

Seems to be intended for AWD (and the P, obviously). If not available on the SR+, it adds differentiation for the higher-end versions. Pricing is key here, but they might have found a way to keep it the same.
Oh no. I won't have the coolest version of the 3 anymore. :(

I am not a fan of spreading rumors but just received pretty detailed information that has been confirmed from 3 sources Herbert Diess CEO VW Group to leave VW and Blume (CEO Porsche) to take over the seat.

I also heard who takes the CEO role at Porsche and what the reasons are but lets wait if thats just a false rumor or true. To be honest it would be the first time my source tells me something thats not confirmed later.
Alex on Twitter
comments on your feed make it sound like this is bad news for VW and might result in a slowdown in their EV transition.

That is not the best comparison (AWD two-motor Taycan vs. RWD single-motor Model 3). At least I assume it was the single motor Model 3 since it called it the "Long Range" without identifying it as AWD or Performance.

The reason I think this is significant is because we have both a LR RWD and Performance Model 3 and, while the LR RWD is considerably more efficient at city duty and under 50-60 mph, I've been super impressed with the efficiency of the Performance Model 3 during extended high speed trips, 75-120 mph. Leaving aside that there are very few places in the US where this can be done safely, let alone legally, the Performance version does seem to come into its element at higher speeds and return consumption figures I don't think our RWD Model 3 could. I expect the AWD would be the same.

Note that these are unscientific observations but that both cars have the same 18" Aero wheels and OEM tires.

Looking at it scientifically, you get the opposite result (as @KarenRei had already posted): Tesla Model 3 Performance vs RWD consumption - Real Driving Data from 233 Cars

Tesla_3_LR-Tesla_P3D-Tesla_S100D_efficiency_metric.png.78cb018e350cb4396263d576a005abb2.png

This was confusing at first because Model S had a better efficiency with the dual motor version, but in Model 3 the rear motor is the more efficient permanent magnet version and for dual motor you add an induction motor in front.

• Informative
Reactions: rsm287
It's a good problem to have, but I'm having much more difficulty deciding how to manage my Tesla investments lately. Options are too pricey and I consistently waffle on whether it's good to buy more at this level or not. I see such a wide array of possibilities as we exit Q1.

Is the news reverse-FUD? Nevertheless, I don't mind to get to 8000 sooner ...
Reverse FUD?

s-l300.jpg

Oh no. I won't have the coolest version of the 3 anymore. :(

It's annoying for me - nothing to do with "coolness" - as this was the one feature I really wanted but couldn't get :( My car was surely made weeks ago and is surely en route to Iceland right now.

(I don't care about ride quality. I do, however, very much care about clearance)

Mostly in the hands of TSLA longs and market makers. That 17 billion is not “paid” until shorts fully cover. But they are obligated to in the end.
That is true only to approximately the same extent that it does not go into our long (and getting quite deep, thank you very much!) pockets unless and until we also sell.

However, insofar as when that one short seller squeeeeks and covers, his cover purchase forces the price higher. That assists the longs - but of course not him because he's now out. But it also pushes yet more pain on to remaining short positions....and thus that $17bn is inexorably larger.

I got mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, Diess was the one guy (after Zetsche was removed from Daimler) that seemed really dedicated to make an earnest try to a full and quick transition to EVs. I was actively considering dropping some cash into VOW. If this rumour gets confirmed, it will be sad. Should be interesting to see how the ID3 rollout progresses as a result.

On the other hand, more power to Tesla!

Alex on Twitter

Maybe Diess gets a senior role at Giga Berlin :)

It's annoying for me - nothing to do with "coolness" - as this was the one feature I really wanted but couldn't get :( My car was surely made weeks ago and is surely en route to Iceland right now.

(I don't care about ride quality. I do, however, very much care about clearance)
Model 3 has the highest resale value. :) Also, the Tesla App looks better the more cars you have in it. Hard to go wrong.

Looking at it scientifically, you get the opposite result (as @KarenRei had already posted): Tesla Model 3 Performance vs RWD consumption - Real Driving Data from 233 Cars

Tesla_3_LR-Tesla_P3D-Tesla_S100D_efficiency_metric.png.78cb018e350cb4396263d576a005abb2.png

This was confusing at first because Model S had a better efficiency with the dual motor version, but in Model 3 the rear motor is the more efficient permanent magnet version and for dual motor you add an induction motor in front.

This plot is actually confusing. The vertical axis units are Wh/km, so the axis name should be Inefficiency!