Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes I'm baffled at the stupidity surrounding this stock. I woke up early to see it down over $40 in premarket and just laughed .... raising $2 billion for growth is a GREAT thing .... Obviously WS has realized that. I love the morons on the message boards with their gloom and doom predictions ... next time I'm just going to give out my home address and they can just directly send me their money and we can leave out the middle man.

Go TSLA.

Cheers to the longs ....

Sometimes I'm baffled at the stupidity surrounding this stock. I woke up early to see it down over $40 in premarket and just laughed .... raising $2 billion for growth is a GREAT thing .... Obviously WS has realized that. I love the morons on the message boards with their gloom and doom predictions ... next time I'm just going to give out my home address and they can just directly send me their money and we can leave out the middle man.

Go TSLA.

Cheers to the longs ....

This morning I was sure I was going to be buying back multiple sold calls. Didn't get to buy back any. Instead, I just resold a previously bought-back call at a higher strike. This is not the day I was anticipating. ;)

Either way, keep it volatile, TSLA!

upload_2020-2-13_8-39-46.png

So I had set a service appointment to check why my model3D was showing full charge range of only 298 miles. Here is the text I got (attached). The point is they remotely checked my driving pattern and said my battery is just fine.

I showed this text to my colleagues and they were so impressed at this next level customer service, and how this car platform is so different.

And to top it off, they will now use the appointment to retrofit the FSD computer.

What a great experience.

Attachments

• E683367D-BC15-4697-BBB3-B702ECD2116E.jpeg
    E683367D-BC15-4697-BBB3-B702ECD2116E.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 82
Do you have the y axis? What are the actual number of share at a spcific price?
I am new too, but I think that if an entity wants to buy the stock in a significant amount they tend to drive the stock much higher when they start buying what is available. If they can come it and buy a set amount at a set price they can actually buy it cheaper than if they actively bought the stock on the open market.

Various nuggets from the 10K:

Acquisitions
Acquisitions done in 2019, not counting Maxwell.
91fdd0ac4744d0422d1aabe047780bda.png

Automotive credits / (no)info on FCA pool
140m$ out of 140m$ of deferred revenue to be recognized next 12 months.
dd8b4f2e030be34b7653b4cde7029134.png

Purchase obligations comparison between 2019 10-K and 2020 10-K
These are primarily battery cell buy obligations to Panasonic. So sheds a bit of light on what was renegotiated with Panasonic and how Tesla sees the future vis-á-vis how many battery cells they need from Panasonic.
Notice that no obligation has been entered into from 2024 and onward.
Notice that 2021/2022 seems to have been negotiated lower.
(2019)
04818ede902feb8b775171961bd7d7a7.png

(2020)
d9f3faeb9beae87c53722d1158a09dfb.png

Valuation allowance commentary
9f03ad704bd0bdf05fb3a67506b97b2a.png

Last edited:
So I had set a service appointment to check why my model3D was showing full charge range of only 298 miles. Here is the text I got (attached). The point is they remotely checked my driving pattern and said my battery is just fine.

I showed this text to my colleagues and they were so impressed at this next level customer service, and how this car platform is so different.

And to top it off, they will now use the appointment to retrofit the FSD computer.

What a great experience.

Same. Chat reviewed my car's log and saw a fault in charge port. Proceeded to schedule and order the part during the chat.

My point tho is cheers to you for spreading the word to your coworkers!