Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last few posts about watches did not make the cut.

And so will any further posts about burning wood chips.

It’s weekend but that’s no excuse to wander off too far.

Ahem: Making the cut is exactly what those posts made. Most deservedly, if only in that nooses are in short e-supply.

~~~Vetinari~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bzzz on the German forum made a nice overlay of the drone video with the GF4 plan that shows how much of the forest has been cut. To me it looks like 50% in just 24h. So if they resume, they won´t need more than a few days before the end of March. GF 4 - Giga Berlin • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

file.php

Gf4 quite amazing progress of cutting trees before they had to stop

The fact that they cut down such a large area of trees in 1 day is encouraging. It means Tesla still has some time to spare before the deadline and that the delay in court does not necessarily mean they will run out of time. If they get the green light in one week time they would probably still be able to finish in time.

@Bzzz on the German forum made a nice overlay of the drone video with the GF4 plan that shows how much of the forest has been cut. To me it looks like 50% in just 24h. So if they resume, they won´t need more than a few days before the end of March. GF 4 - Giga Berlin • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

file.php

And even if the trees remain, I guess they could start building Phase I, which is 50% of the capacity, with a new, innovative, fractal floor plan?

I struggle to see how anything about this is smart for an environmentalist group. The only people that are cheering are gonna be AFD (lack of economic perspectives is what they feed on) and the traditional automakers. I am from Brandenburg and a green party voter and I am pissed that this group is gambling with a great opportunity for my home state. For the sake of a stupid monoculture pine forest, in an area that has already been designated as an industrial zone long ago.

I know that the courts won't be swayed in their decision by politicians but my hope is that they give the case highest priority to proceed as fast as possible.

I can understand if you are upset. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail - in time.

Personally, I find it supremely ironic that the one company that actually is doing something to save the planet is actively being hindered by people who see themselves as safeguarding the planet.

I think it is too early to speculate what the outcome will be - I would guess that in at most a couple of weeks we will know more.

Isn't the law preventing direct sales designed to protect franchises from manufacturers?
That was the case decades ago when most dealers were small and sold only one brand of car. Today the majority of cars are sold by large dealers, some are multi-state, that own many locations that sell many brands of cars. Today those laws are really just protecting an oligarchy of mega-dealers and harming the consumer. There is only the appearance of competition, not real competition. The only reason that it's focused on EVs is because ICE dealer agreements are all tied up. To have both would necessitate changing every dealer agreement, and given that the dealers association owns many state legislatures, probably can't be done--at least not until ICE cars are the minority and most dealers have gone bankrupt for lack of service income.

file.php

Looks like they're deliberately leaving a strip of trees on the west side between the highway and the factory. That's a nice touch. I hope they leave as many as they realistically can.

But Biodefense is not in Model3, it takes up too much space. However, it seems even the "normal" filters are quite good. Certainly much better than face masks riding a bus?
If there are actually viral particles airborne to the point where they are flying around everywhere in the atmosphere, humanity is already extinct. No one needs an air filter for viral particles in a car to stop the coronavirus or any other pandemic virus. That's just not how they are transmitted. I don't see how fomenting absolute panic in China is a good thing and neither should you.

Reactions: KarenRei
And even if the trees remain, I guess they could start building Phase I, which is 50% of the capacity, with a new, innovative, fractal floor plan?

What a great idea. If they create a fractal factory, they will have an infinite perimeter. With infinitesimal solar panels, they can create an infinite supply of solar energy!

#hahawinning

:)

"The writing is on the wall and the next logical step for Tesla is to either take over an existing utility or launch a similarly comprehensive suite of grid management solutions for utilities."​

PG&E is ripe for a take-over. And I bet Tesla doesn't let its transmission assets fall into disrepair and vulnerable to sparking wild fires.

The problem with this entire train of thought is that if CA is anything at all like PA, the utilities are regulated by a Public Utilities Commission whose agility can best be described as "glacial". For Tesla to put their business -- which relies on constant small improvements and optimizations -- at the mercy of such an agency would be utter insanity.

Here is the latest SimpleWall.st TSLA valuation based on 5-yr discounted cash flows:

Below Fair Value: TSLA ($800.03) is trading below our estimate of fair value ($996.23)

Seems TSLA is NOT overpriced, despite what shortzes would have you believe.

TSLA.FairValue.2020-02-15.png

This website performs an Intrinsic Value calculation for about 7,000 different equities overnight after each trading day, based on their methodology for valuing cash flows.

You can see individual calculations by following the link at the lower-right of their intrinsic-value chart from their webpage.

Cheers!

The problem with this entire train of thought is that if CA is anything at all like PA, the utilities are regulated by a Public Utilities Commission whose agility can best be described as "glacial". For Tesla to put their business -- which relies on constant small improvements and optimizations -- at the mercy of such an agency would be utter insanity.
To paraphrase President Kennedy,

we do this, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because it will serve to organize the best of our energies and skills, because it is a challenge that we are willing to accept, and one that we are unwilling to postpone.

If it needs doing, and nobody else is doing it, don't be deterred by the size of the mountain; start climbing.

I can understand if you are upset. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail - in time.

Personally, I find it supremely ironic that the one company that actually is doing something to save the planet is actively being hindered by people who see themselves as safeguarding the planet.

I think it is too early to speculate what the outcome will be - I would guess that in at most a couple of weeks we will know more.

There's more and more evidence that the green environmentally friendly movement has been infiltrated by past oil executives.