Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An article in the Norwegian Busines Mag DN.no describe how a hedgefund made a healthy profit going long in TSLA - and Viking Global Investors belive it will continue:

Tesla has been going 30 times since the IPO almost ten years ago. Hedge fund manager Ole Andreas Halvorsen believes the upturn continues, and for the first time goes into the Tesla share.​

Source in Norwegian: https://www.dn.no/bors/tesla/ole-an...k-hedgefondlegende-satser-pa-tesla/2-1-757280

Viking Global Investors, which manages NOK 240 billion for wealthy individuals.

That's the equivalent of just under $26 Billion under their management, which is a fairly sizeable pot!

No, he means when Starlink satellites get deployed. And he is right. We never see the separation event, which is interesting since starlink get separated in a completely different way than normal. They are stacked on top of each other without a mount and the second stage performs a peculiar rotation maneuver. Something is happening there... :rolleyes:
They're just making it easier for me to jump in on their IPO.

Reactions: wipster
YOU ARE WELCOME :D
That's definitely interesting to know, but my actual puzzlement had to do not with the transmission of the booster landing, but that of the satellite deployment. For some reason that video link also seems to cut off on every occasion for the Starlink satellite deployments (as far as I can remember). Is your argument that the same phenomenon occurs there (directional feed gets perturbed)?

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba and Pezpunk
CNBC video that I think has been posted before. Basically about as good as it get's from them.

But no mention of the Model Y and lot's of word's on how little penetration for EV's into the general market.

What made me chuckle was the GM CEO...he fit's the description of a stuffed shirt to a T!
He looked like he was forced to read from a script and hated every bit of it.
upload_2020-2-17_11-33-17.png

Is this the SpaceX thread?

No, it's not. Time to switch channel and get back to our regular programming.
Agreed, but everytime I jump in on pages of OT, the Fred blows the whistle. Is it b/c Im Canadian? Its all good.
I did come here to see what the Tues market might bring and was disappointed at the vacuum, so I took the bait. Guilty Az charged.

CNBC video that I think has been posted before. Basically about as good as it get's from them.

But no mention of the Model Y and lot's of word's on how little penetration for EV's into the general market.

What made me chuckle was the GM CEO...he fit's the description of a stuffed shirt to a T!
He looked like he was forced to read from a script and hated every bit of it.
View attachment 512085
Yeah I thought it was mostly fair. Compared to historical CNBC coverage it's basically a fan video.

I hope we all appreciate the strength that the tailwind of positive media coverage now gives Tesla.

Any 3 deliveries, or just S/X? You're AFAIK the only person here who's had a US delivery recently, so I'm curious exactly what they're delivering. Would be interesting also to know whether they've been delivering for the past several weeks or just started; and whether they expect to keep delivering like this all the way up to the end of the quarter, or whether they just received a batch of inventory.

Hmm, this appears to have happened about the same time as the report of a batch of new inventory on the website (which disappeared quickly, from reports at the time here - haven't checked myself). So some cars came from somewhere. If I recall correctly, the batch also had 3s in it, no? The timing on your vehicle's production would match up with a relatively recent US batch. Wonder when they slipped that in, given the solid international shipping rate of late... hmm, there was one ship in February with a short loading time, it might have been around then...

Any clue how this delivery rate compares to a typical EOQ delivery rate for this particular delivery centre? Basically, I'm interested in all the intel you can get ;)

(Also, that reminds me to go check up on inventory trends...)

I had a toddler and an infant with me when I took delivery (on my own), so my intel gathering abilities were severely limited, lol. I didn’t see any 3s queued up for delivery, but they did say they are expecting to be much busier come March (“as they always are EOQ” - to paraphrase staff).

I believe the manager was saying that they did around 40 deliveries a day during peak at the end of 2019. It was either that or 100, but I think he was talking about what he’d heard from other stores. It’s hard to be sure since my toddler was interrupting every five seconds to tell me something about the showroom models. :p

Not sure if this has been posted before:
Tesla teardown finds electronics 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW

Tesla teardown finds electronics 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW

What stands out most is Tesla's integrated central control unit, or "full self-driving computer." Also known as Hardware 3, this little piece of tech is the company's biggest weapon in the burgeoning EV market. It could end the auto industry supply chain as we know it.

One stunned engineer from a major Japanese automaker examined the computer and declared, "We cannot do it."

MODERATOR:
THEN DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH A MINIMUM OF A FEW HOURS' POSTS BEFORE YOU DO!
Yes, this important news has been reported and discussed already today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time watching such ignorant views on what it's like to live with EV's. I knew it was going to be bad when the narrator mentioned they would get a diverse set of experiences since they were using eight different test subjects in 8 different cities. No mention of eight different EV's in this context? In fact, they said it was not a review of the different cars but rather a look at what it's like to live with an EV (as if all EV's provide essentially the same experience)!

ARRRGG!
7 of the manufacturers provided free new cars for the experiment. They rented the Tesla on Turo. Tesla has declined to comment on the result.

WSJ with charlie Grant and Tesla is not yet a love story.