Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I trade from an IRA so I'm not worried about tax consequences. I just rebought the 100 shares in pre-market for a short-term trade at about what I sold them. I will sell these trading shares when we hit what I perceive to be a local high. Like CLK350 says, keeping core positions and trading shares separated is good discipline.

With core positions I'm pretty much buy and hold but with trading shares and options I play the ups and downs. I wanted to see some calming of the market before moving back in with the trading shares.

Interesting post. How do you decide how much to keep in core and how much in trading, and does the ratio vary with events? Love your posts.

So these clowns seem to think that they do things proactively. At least when it comes to aviation, every action I've seen is them reacting to people being killed and then making recommendations. This is the most disingenuous group of people I've experienced. Their comprehensive complete lack of knowledge of the subject overall and specifically. It is scary that these people do this job. If you wanna see how they operate, check out the movie "sully".

NTSB is so slow moving, they are incapable of keeping up the pace of technology.

Fire Away!
(It's the batteries, Stupid!)

I have no idea how "VW would have to sell 100,000 ID.3s in 2020 to meet the targets" could possibly be correct.

Simple. VW's target wasn't to reach zero penalties; it was to extract maximum leverage from each EV produced, and to produce up to that limit. Now, it looks like they won't even be able to do that.

EU penalties aren't actually payable until end of 2022, right? This could end up with a Industry-wide default on those payments, in a wider attempt to extract concessions from Brussels.

Guess we'll see right, but when this comes to a head by mid-2023, Tesla will already have GF4 Phases 1/2 in production (Model Y/3), Phase 3 (Model 2) well underway, and Phase 4 (EuroSemi) started.

There might not be as much 'leverage' in Brussels as the German Auto Industry thinks...

Cheers!

So I guess the market hasn't realized that Model Y deliveries are being scheduled? 6-8 months earlier than Tesla had stated originally, which is probably at least a year earlier than analysts expected. (and of course the shorts claimed it would never come out)

Good point. I had just made a post on Facebook to my small circle that the first Model Y deliveries will be out in March.

Last edited:
Tesla superchargers are no longer free, so it could open its superchargers of any owners of competing EV-s if it wanted. Chargepoint, etc. has no contract with car manufacturers either. It has contracts with car owners.

I would really prefer if Tesla only considered that once they have capacity enough to not get these recurring hour-long Supercharger queues. (This week-end it was several sites along the EU's E-45).