Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure it was closed a week ago.

If that's true, then it's absolutely marvellous. Tesla has an additional 2 billion in the bank, which should be more than plenty to ride out any level of macroeconomic shennanigans. Years of it. And there won't be years of macro trouble.

Relax, lean back and grab a cup of coffee. It'll blow over.

Guy, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda panicking. I honestly believe in the Tesla mission and the cars are awesome. But I just bought in at 900 and bought dips at 830 and 800. Probably got more than I should've and not really in the position to get more. Should I cut my losses? How much more is this going to drop?
Are you a care bear?

not sure how a company moving crates is even newsworthy. If every company had to explain why they were moving crates there would be no room to report on anything else.

story is not so much about moving out crates/pallets from Tesla’s space with Tesla being the focus here but more about wasted State monies for equipping a warehouse with unneeded manufacturing equipment would be my guess. Tesla’s involvement in the story I think is just because they are the named Tenant.

did anyone watch the video?

By the way, in the midst of this dip, NASDAQ's got updated short interest data as of the 14th.

18,385,351 shares.

For comparison, Ihor said 21.87M shares on the 14th: Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter
Nice! There was significantly increased net short covering in the first half of February, with nearly twice the average number of net shares covered -- enough to actually lower the total value at risk. In a couple of weeks when we get Feb 28 short interest I expect there to have been a large surge in net shares shorted, though with the significant drop in share price it might be accomplished without increasing the value at risk.

Tesla_SI_Feb14.jpg

If you’re still traumatized by 2000 and 2008 then why in the world do you have any resources in the market today?! Makes zero logical sense. Get the heck out and stay out until you’ve dealt with your emotional baggage from previous historic market reactions.

Taking shots at me for no good reason. As long as it adds to your emotional balance, I am OK with it.

My point is that people were way too quick to call bottoms and yell out BTFD the past few days, insofar as TSLA is concerned.

Been saying it since last week. Maybe I was right.

FWIW, bought more long terms at 682 today. Will continue to do so if TSLA keeps plummeting.

Hope you get to enjoy your island.

Those looking to deploy dry powder during this correction should keep in mind that when violent moves like this bottom, they almost always bottom hard and bounce back hard (with very little time to buy at the bottom). Violent moves like this over-react to the downside until fear peaks. Then greed sets in. Very few get the actual bottom pricing. It's very difficult to time (or to know whether it's the actual bottom or just a bounce).

Guy, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda panicking. I honestly believe in the Tesla mission and the cars are awesome. But I just bought in at 900 and bought dips at 830 and 800. Probably got more than I should've and not really in the position to get more. Should I cut my losses? How much more is this going to drop?
You never lose money unless you sell. This will pass. The only sure way to make money in stocks is to buy and hold.

Rerunning my option state prices for the near term. The current option's chain does look pessimistic for the moment, but it does improve over the year; and investing strategy can be derived from the output. For e.g. it looks like calls over 1000 in the medium term are priced such that most investors think it's an impossibility. If my wife let me trade options, I would be eyeing those very closely... But I'm stuck for the moment waiting for the IRS to hand me my EV tax credit for a few more shares at these prices.

tsla_26022020.png

I am getting concerned..I bought TSLA so in 18 months I can pay cash for my Cyber. If this thing doesn't shake itself out by then I'll be forced to drive my Dodge Ram forever
;)
Edit WTF it went UP? 20 dollars in the time it took me to find the right emoji? o_O
18 months? I'm betting that it will be at $1500 by then. Literally because I have some calls at that price. ;)

This is SO frustrating. With the uptick rule meaning tomorrow is safe, with the news on the new megapack deal, and the fact that 'analysts' are too busy frothing over coronavirus to even read about that deal...and with model Y delivery videos probably less than 2 weeks away... I don't have dry power :(
Balls. This is a major buying opp.

Yup. Once the dust clears the street will look down and realize what's going on with Tesla and get back to pumping it.