Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Producing a battery with no cobalt, loooong life and high density is a matter of using the right additive(s).

China found that additive. They patent protected it.

Dahn found an equivalent additive, on the back of some v old but well maintained research. Tesla patented it.
Sorry for the OT question, but....are we really honoring Chinese chemistry patents in this fashion when they don't honor half of ours? By "we" I mean any US corporation, not just Tesla.

Obviously there's a lot of grey area an plenty of situations were it's inappropriate, but something like a battery additive.....really?

Sorry for the OT question, but....are we really honoring Chinese chemistry patents in this fashion when they don't honor half of ours? By "we" I mean any US corporation, not just Tesla.

Obviously there's a lot of grey area an plenty of situations were it's inappropriate, but something like a battery additive.....really?

Well that’s a fair question, but Tesla would not benefit in the long run by poking China in the eye.

Let someone else fight that battle.

Just got pinged with a software update I don’t see on TeslaFi yet. I wonder if this will unlock any extra range! Will probably wait until the vehicle is home to update. Don’t want to strand my wife at work if something goes awry. :D

View attachment 517227

New update: Gives the choice for the driver to turn their screens in their car into a live ticker display with graphs, of symbol TSLA. Live data updates continue even while driving! Approved by SEC overpowering NHTSA recommendations.

Since January 2018 there are rules that in the EU you can't buy certain (all?) US/Canadian ETFs in the EU. My brookerage in Sweden still lists them and if you owned them before 2018 you can keep them and sell them but once you have sold you can't buy them again.

So for example I can see the ARK funds but the buy button is greyed out.

Don't know the reason.

I don’t think this is correct. I seem to be able to buy ARKK for example here in Sweden (through Avanza), but I have refrained from doing so because I would rather have pure TSLA (ARKK sells TSLA when the stock price increases, due to their diversification strategy).

• Helpful
Reactions: Christine69420
The context you are missing here is that this is a nursing care facility, with very vulnerable, elderly patients.

Much of the 0.7% estimated mortality rate falls upon that age group.

The rate has now officially announce in Germany to be only between 0.3 - 0.7% and I am well aware you early on stated its likely around 0.7% and both of us (me in particular on Twitter) have been criticized.

As a German Scientist just said in a Talkshow, "the human has a brain with 2 parts , one for rational thinking and one for fear and the Angst brain cannot do statistics" :D

Also of interest German Health authorities stated that they expect the above mentioned mortality rate to go further down.

I don’t think this is correct. I seem to be able to buy ARKK for example here in Sweden (through Avanza), but I have refrained from doing so because I would rather have pure TSLA (ARKK sells TSLA when the stock price increases, due to their diversification strategy).

Really? I'm, using Avanza too and I can't. Like I said before. Buy is greyed out and there is this text

På grund av nya regelverk från EU är det sedan den 3 januari 2018 inte längre möjligt att köpa detta värdepapper, det går enbart att sälja. Det gäller alla amerikanska och kanadensiska ETF:er.

Translation
Because of new rules from EU since January 3, 2018 it's no longer possible to buy this certificat, you can only sell. This applies to all American and Canadian EFTs.

I'm not trying to buy them either, only answering someone else from EU asking.

• Helpful
Reactions: Christine69420
Big Q1 deliveries leak:

Tesla Cybertruck is already boosting sales, keeping momentum without tax credit - Electrek

"However, sources familiar with Tesla’s US sales told Electrek that the automaker’s management has given its North American sales team roughly the same delivery goal as the previous quarter."

"They are reporting strong demand in the first quarter and sources attribute it, at least partly, to the Cybertruck unveiling in November of last year."

"One source told Electrek that some Cybertruck reservation holders are opting to lease a Model 3 until they can take delivery of their electric pickup truck – resulting in a boost of demand."​

That's ... very bullish, given that China is likely going to be good as well.

Fed's "NA delivery goal" sources have been pretty accurate in the past, plus the lack of price cuts and the early stopping of EU and CN ships indicated strong Q1 demand as well.

This strongly suggests that 100k Q1 deliveries and GAAP profits are a good possibility now - with earlier S&P 500 inclusion if they post at least $100m in Q1 profits.

I don't think any of the shorts expected a good Q1, and they might now be in a world of hurt...

Might explain why the price of post-April-4 options series exploded today? (April 3 is the probable release date of the Q1 production and deliveries report.)

This is the type of news I look for to encourage me to scoop up more shares. Glad I was able to do just that in the low $700s today.

Reactions: johnnybgood888
Wow.

Waypoint - The official Waymo blog: Waymo raises first external investment round

"Waymo is announcing our first external investment round, led by Silver Lake, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, and Mubadala Investment Company. Additional investors in this initial $2.25 billion close include Magna International, Andreessen Horowitz, and AutoNation, as well as Alphabet."

Was interested to see if they include any numbers on miles driven, and they did. I'm pretty sure these pale in comparison to Tesla autopilot numbers. EDIT: Oh yeah, big time. Autopilot miles driven is at 2B+

This investment round follows a recent series of major operational and technical milestones. The Waymo Driver has driven more than 20 million miles on public roads across over 25 cities, and over 10 billion miles in simulation. Engineers and technicians at Waymo's Detroit factory, the world’s first factory dedicated to the mass production of L4 autonomous vehicles, have shipped the first vehicles (electric cars and Class 8 trucks) integrated with fifth-generation hardware, with all-new, more powerful compute and more capable sensing.

Initiated transfer out of RH to vanguard. Welp, the app is great fun to look at. Are there any apps that can visualize like robinhood and I can have some mock stocks in it? Vanguard is such trash when it comes to ticker refresh, and I do like RH's interface.

Reactions: juanmedina