Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The HW2.0 cars had B/W camera's with a red filter.
Now I see this with the Infotainment upgrade
  • Records from all cameras for DashCam and Sentry Mode for cars with the Full Self-Driving Computer
Am I wrong to make out that the camera's will be changed to Full Colour for cars which upgrade from HW2.0 to 3.0?

Since sentry mode and Dashcam is also on cars with MCU1, would it mean that when you upgrade from HW2.0 to HW3.0 you also get sentry mode recording and Dashcam, even if you don't upgrade he MCU?

I agree with Elon, Service Centres and Superchargers are the kind of advertising that works every time someone drives by.
Very true. However, I'm afraid that our closest service center is a bit too tucked away to be of much good in advertising to passers by. It's in a nondescript "cul de sac" surrounded by low-slung office and industrial buildings, and as Tesla service centers go, it's not unique in that respect. In the coming years, hopefully Tesla will be in a position to acquire nicer real estate from defunct auto dealerships. I look forward to seeing big, tall, red Tesla signs along major freeways/highways! Even if Tesla service folks end up like the proverbial Maytag repairmen of old.

Reactions: jw934
I agree with Elon, Service Centres and Superchargers are the kind of advertising that works every time someone drives by.

Man, around here you would NEVER know about Superchargers unless you were looking for one. Usually in the back parking lots of barbecue restaurants or motels. No signs at the freeway exits at all.

Man, around here you would NEVER know about Superchargers unless you were looking for one. Usually in the back parking lots of barbecue restaurants or motels. No signs at the freeway exits at all.

In Australia some service and Supercharger locations are prominent..

For example it is common for Superchargers to be in large shopping centres (indoor malls), at wineries or other tourist attractions.

For example Gold Coast is in an obscure part of a big shopping centre, but right next to valet parking.. so it is going to be noticed by people with nice cars who spend money on valet parking...

Suppose price is at $660. Illegal short seller sells at $650. Now all the other shorts can sell at $651, on an "uptick" that is nevertheless $9 less than the price would otherwise have been.
If the "price" is at 660, and the illegal short sale takes place at $650 that would mean that the bid was at $650. Illegally short selling to the bid creates a down tick and perhaps makes the new bid lower still. It certainly will not raise the bid to $651, but it may allow another short to post a lower ask if the bid did drop. On the other hand if the short seller legally posted a $650.0001 ask such that the spread was $0.0001, chances are someone would fill it and this would be a legal "uptick". Another short seller could then put an ask at $651 and wait for someone to buy it which they could also have done if the other short seller didn't exist.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press/2010/2010-26.htm said:
The alternative uptick rule (Rule 201) approved today imposes restrictions on short selling only when a stock has triggered a circuit breaker by experiencing a price decline of at least 10 percent in one day. At that point, short selling would be permitted if the price of the security is above the current national best bid.
An "uptick" is any sale ABOVE THE CURRENT NATIONAL BEST BID - thus any ASK which does not cross the market. It does not need to be a price higher than the last sale.

But I do now see that illegally shorting to the bid can drop the price leaving room for a legal short posting of a lower ask.

We still have no evidence that any shorting (exampt or otherwise) was done at the bid.

Last edited:
I actually tried to sell my 3/13 800 calls on the run up but no luck, had a limit order very close to the high for the day. It did not go through, not sure what tomorrow will bring. Well, lesson learned. I will be moving to another broker.

Anybody use IB for options here? How is the experience? Any other recommendations? I have an account at Merrill but for whatever reason they only approved me for level 1 options trading.

ib best and cheapest for options in my experience.

Somebody must know something! Institutional investors seem to get (or pay for) the scoop early and retail investors just go along for the ride.

Just knowing what we all know now would have me buying TSLA at these prices if I wasn't already loaded to the gills!

In other words, the "scoop" is right out there in the open for anyone who cares to look. Fortunately, I was able to load up for a LOT less than it would cost me now. But I'm not holding merely because I have a low cost-basis, I'm holding because I know of no other company with such a future. Sure, some obscure biotech or fashion label (as examples) could easily outperform it in the next couple of years but I don't know which biotech or fashion label that would be. And I don't invest in fashion labels because they are too fickle. Tesla has REAL value.

I thought I was already loaded to the gills but picked up another 100 shares on Friday. :)

In fairness, the 11.3% increase during regular trading didn't seem to get much of a rise either.

But add them together you get almost 15% -- not a bad day, really.;)
Not a bad day, buy still no last Wednesday. :)

AP never ran on the Media Center chip. It ran either on the Mobileye (pre-Oct'16), the nVidia chip (up to Feb/Mar '19) or now the FSD chip.
I think they mean AP3 running in a vehicle with (not directly on) MCU1.

Edit: per @bonnie
Not true. I've confirmed w/Tesla that MCU1s will run FSD, just differently than MCU2s. THERE WILL BE NO FREE MCU UPGRADE. This rumor was based on old info, when Engineering was still exploring options.
Twitter

Just got pinged with a software update I don’t see on TeslaFi yet. I wonder if this will unlock any extra range! Will probably wait until the vehicle is home to update. Don’t want to strand my wife at work if something goes awry. :D

View attachment 517227

Installed update - appears to just be v10.2 based on the release notes. No range upgrade yet, it seems!

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
As far as I know, he has never said the Air Force should use drones instead of pilots, he said they will use drones instead of pilots. Big difference.

Elon is what people in history called a "seer". He doesn't make these predictions with magic or divinity. His brain is such a sponge and functions in such a way that he can load everything he knows about the world and run the simulation multiple times with different assumptions. If they all basically end up with drones instead of pilots then he says that's how it will be. :cool:
I'm just glad he always pauses and looks up while running the simulations. Else I would swear he was an AI bot.