Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Duvel Moortgat Brewery - Wikipedia

Too bad, seems to have been de-listed for some years:

upload_2020-3-3_10-21-21.png

If you look carefully, you'll see that this is a special edition Tripel Hop "Cashmere" Duvel, very rare...

Every time I come here, you are drinking another bottle of the same beer....
Is that brewery listed on an exchange? .... asking for a friend :)

Aah -it’s just the sign of an inveterate gambler: Duvel or nothing.

I got my Interactive Broker account set up--but man, do I hate the two step verification every time I log in. So far, I've not found a way to turn this off. I was going to shift my shares from E*trade to IB, due to Morgan-Stanley buying E*trade, but not if I have to get a stupid SMS message every time I want to check my stocks. You know how often I obsessively check those things?

Is there a decent brokerage out here who doesn't require two-step verification every time you log in?

(Robinhood is off the table because 1) I don't know if it's come up since yesterday still, and 2) they don't accept stock transfers, so it defeats the purpose of taking my TSLA out of E*trade and away from Morgan-Stanley).

Yes, Interactive Brokers have a very short time-out before auto-logout (or read-only mode) - this is probably so, because while logged actual trading requires no further authentication.

My fix (pun intended): Refresh portfolio value every few minutes...

• Funny
Reactions: generalenthu
I got my Interactive Broker account set up--but man, do I hate the two step verification every time I log in. So far, I've not found a way to turn this off. I was going to shift my shares from E*trade to IB, due to Morgan-Stanley buying E*trade, but not if I have to get a stupid SMS message every time I want to check my stocks. You know how often I obsessively check those things?

Is there a decent brokerage out here who doesn't require two-step verification every time you log in?

(Robinhood is off the table because 1) I don't know if it's come up since yesterday still, and 2) they don't accept stock transfers, so it defeats the purpose of taking my TSLA out of E*trade and away from Morgan-Stanley).

SMS? For me I get a popup that asks for my fingerprint.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to disable two-factor authentication (I'd first search in iBot, and if you find nothing, contact service; I've found their service to generally be very helpful), but IMHO that'd be a pretty dumb idea.

My main criticism with IB is that they've gone too far in terms of trying to be feature-rich, which can sometimes make it hard to find the specific feature that you're looking for. But overall I've been quite happy with them.

March 3, 4:00am EST

JMP Securities Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Market Outperform on Attractive Entry Point, Street High PT

"JMP Securities analyst Joseph Osha upgraded Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Market Perform to Market Outperform with a Street High price target of $1,060."​

The analyst comments "The recent market-driven pullback provides investors with a good opportunity to enter the stock in our opinion, and a perusal of offerings from competitors suggests that TSLA’s market position should continue to be dominant. Interestingly enough, revisions to our 2021 model put us only moderately above consensus, but a look at the longer-term potential for TSLA’s growth suggests the stock should be more highly valued on the 2021 outlook than it currently is. To be specific, we argue that the stock should be valued at 32x EV/EBITDA and 5x EV/ Revenue based on 2021 estimates, with the resulting valuation discounted back one year at 10%."​

...I hope it's caused by people figuring out that Tesla is fully charged (I was going to say "running on all cylinders" but I think that's a phrase that should probably be retired)
Could still refer to running on all battery cells (unless Tesla goes prismatic). :D

March 3, 4:00am EST

JMP Securities Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Market Outperform on Attractive Entry Point, Street High PT

"JMP Securities analyst Joseph Osha upgraded Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Market Perform to Market Outperform with a Street High price target of $1,060."​

The analyst comments "The recent market-driven pullback provides investors with a good opportunity to enter the stock in our opinion, and a perusal of offerings from competitors suggests that TSLA’s market position should continue to be dominant. Interestingly enough, revisions to our 2021 model put us only moderately above consensus, but a look at the longer-term potential for TSLA’s growth suggests the stock should be more highly valued on the 2021 outlook than it currently is. To be specific, we argue that the stock should be valued at 32x EV/EBITDA and 5x EV/ Revenue based on 2021 estimates, with the resulting valuation discounted back one year at 10%."​
The Stanpyhl rating didn’t seem to age well :p

Thanks for the heads-up. Should make for a great day for TSLA. :D

Since TMC forum software 'Search' doesn't work on images, let's get this msg into text format via some free on-line OCR: :cool:

JMP Securities upgraded Tesla (TSLA) to Market Outperform and target $1,060
Past Rating: Market Perform
Issuance Date: 2020-@3-@3

Headline-only article for the public here:

UPDATE: JMP Securities Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Market Outperform on Attractive Entry Point, Street High PT
March 3, 2020 4:12 AM EST (Updated - March 3, 2020 4:18 AM EST)

JMP Securities analyst Joseph Osha upgraded Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Market ...​

Cheers!

MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade is now official, and will cost $2,500:

Infotainment Upgrade

EDIT: They're pushing people that want priority on this upgrade to buy FSD:

"Owners with Full Self-Driving Capability will receive early access to the Infotainment Upgrade and a complimentary upgrade to the Full Self-Driving Computer during their appointment. Purchase Full Self Driving Capability from your Tesla app or Tesla Account to enjoy priority access the Infotainment Upgrade. Learn more about the Full Self-Driving Computer."

This is great news for my TMX. I have already paid for full FSD and will pay for this MCU upgrade so that I can get the full visuals from HW3. And a longer lasting eMMC. Netflix and games are nice too.

And I cannot belive I'm alone in upgrading. And in addition I belive it could nudge more people into buying FSD since they get the new MCU faster and a better car all around. How much is an FSD upgrade these days? If you do not have FSD the price to upgrade is listed on your account I belive.

On TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker there are 10814 contributing vehicles. 2063 with AP3, 2250 with AP2.5 and 331 with AP2.0 and finally 5755 with unknown AP status. So a significant portion of the Tesla fleet have MCU1 since all AP2 and most AP2.5 cars do.

Only downside is that I'll postpone further TSLA investments until I've paid for this upgrade. :oops:

I'm a bit salty on this one. Not that they are doing it, I think that is great. I had my MCU1 burn out at about 98,000 miles. It's the result of a known code issue where the code is frequently writing data to the memory in the MCU1, wearing it out. I replaced my MCU1 at a cost of $2500. I asked for the MCU2 at that time and they said they would try to accommodate that request but I received a MCU1 in replacement.

Now I can either pay another $2500 for the upgrade, or wait until the MCU1 burns out again and then do it, or just ride it out and hope to trade in my car for my next Tesla before the new MCU1 memory wears out.

#FirstWorldProblems
/whine
Given that they have borked the older cars for trips--last spring 120 kW charging, today less than 80 kW charging, so double or longer charging time--the only recourse is a new Tesla.

China's Geely invests $326 mln to build satellites for autonomous cars
Reuters

"China’s Zhejiang Geely Holding Group said on Tuesday it was investing 2.27 billion yuan ($326 million) in a new satellite manufacturing plant, where it plans to build low-orbit satellites to provide more accurate data for self-driving cars.
Geely said low-orbit satellites would offer high speed internet connectivity, precise navigation, and cloud computing capabilities to cars with autonomous driving technology."