Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in Spain and recently I was invited to the Private Bank side of Banco Santander. They say they do this all the time, and in the form of a credit line up to 80% of the value of share holdings.

I have to caveat that the advisor I spoke to told me that the interest rate would be 1%, but I don't have any actual proof yet! I will report back once I have the amounts confirmed. I am waiting for an appointment to talk about this, but the team is based in Madrid that is in coronavirus lock-down :)

Anyway, worth you guys with mortgages and large share holders to investigate with your banks. For example, this how many of the billionaires (including Elon) finance their personal affairs

You usually need 3M to enter private banking. And yes, the rate is better than 1M

“I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player, or nothing.”
- Gordon Gekko

The obvious fallacy in that quote is the assumption that life is not the journey. That "getting there" is "wasting time". That every moment is not unique enough to be worthy of the moment. That you are so important to the world that it justifies single-handedly bringing the world that much closer to climate disaster by flying, not just on a commercial jet, but your own personal jet.

Heads of state? Perhaps. Elon Musk? Yes. Gorden Gekko, Wall Street trader? No. Playboy with private island? No.

1. My bank says they will give me a loan at 1% interest on 80% of the value of the TSLA shares to buy a house if I wish. Even at current prices, this gives me an "almost free" $1m loan to do so and is cheaper than getting a mortgage

I smell a business opportunity for some forward-thinking bank out there. Take out a loan against your TSLA to finance your Tesla. Geniusness!

I am in Spain and recently I was invited to the Private Bank side of Banco Santander. They say they do this all the time, and in the form of a credit line up to 80% of the value of share holdings.

I have to caveat that the advisor I spoke to told me that the interest rate would be 1%, but I don't have any actual proof yet! I will report back once I have the amounts confirmed. I am waiting for an appointment to talk about this, but the team is based in Madrid that is in coronavirus lock-down :)

Anyway, worth you guys with mortgages and large share holders to investigate with your banks. For example, this how many of the billionaires (including Elon) finance their personal affairs
I would expect that what he actually meant was something like "LIBOR + 1%", which is close to the same thing at the moment. But the rate could rise in the currently unlikely case that interest rates in general go up.

When I do a custom order for a Model 3 it shows 8-12 weeks and I can confirm that I have a friend that ordered on 1/22/2020 (in my referrals) and has still not taken delivery. That lines up with the 8-12 week delivery time. I'm in California.

3s24kj.jpg

Last edited:
When I do a custom order for a Model 3 it shows 8-12 weeks and I can confirm that I have a friend that ordered on 1/22/2020 (in my referrals) and has still not taken delivery. That lines up with the 8-12 week delivery time. I'm in California.
I see 8-12 weeks delivery time for Model 3, S and X. Q1 sold out?

I think Tesla should hold an on-line charity auction to auction off the 1 millionth Tesla and donate the proceeds to the climate change organization they think is having the most impact. :)

I bet the 1 millionth Tesla would auction for over $250K, maybe as much as $5 million. Anything above the cars actual value would be tax-deductible. As would Tesla's donation to the auction. You can't buy publicity that cheaply!

Last edited:
Same here. Does this mean Tesla can't make 'em fast enough?!! o_O
Mostly yes and somewhat no. It means that a current order will not be considered for the allocation of configuration allocation in the remaining production for the quarter. At the same time, there is substantial inventory is and will be available for immediate delivery. So if you want to make sure you get your car soon then check inventory. Inventory is larger than last quarter and more aligned with demand. Last quarter it was mostly performance nad some dual motors. This time there is plenty of SR+. So demand is healthy but it is not as crazy as last quarter with the subsidy expiration.