Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one year anniversary of Whitney Tilson's bet that Tesla would hit $100,, We should all celebrate with him.. I guess he is right on that one statement about never selling..

“This is the ultimate cult stock, so I suspect that a large percentage of TSLA shares are owned by people who will never sell, almost irrespective of how high the price goes,” Tilson said.

Actionable Trading Ideas, Real Time News, Financial Insight | Benzinga

I'd say TSLA multiple of 2 amplifies NASDAQ's movements, both up and down.
This was kind of true lately, but surprisingly (to me) TSLA has a low beta. Google claims it is 0.48. Today it was not doubling but linear relation 2.5 ot 2.6% difference. This is only today, but consistently through the day.

Low beta could be used to argue that TSLA is less affected by a recession than a typical stock.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
The one year anniversary of Whitney Tilson's bet that Tesla would hit $100,, We should all celebrate with him.. I guess he is right on that one statement about never selling..

“This is the ultimate cult stock, so I suspect that a large percentage of TSLA shares are owned by people who will never sell, almost irrespective of how high the price goes,” Tilson said.

Actionable Trading Ideas, Real Time News, Financial Insight | Benzinga

And I thank Andy for the $100 he gave me that got invested in Kiva

• Love
Reactions: UncaNed and Don TLR
Today I have reached my target of 2,000 Tesla shares!

I bought roughly 1,500 at an average price of $300 and the other 500 I have bought all the way up to $900 and then all the way back down again to $600 at an average price of $500.

I am stopping at 2,000 and holding long term. This is a good amount for the two following reasons:
1. My bank says they will give me a loan at 1% interest on 80% of the value of the TSLA shares to buy a house if I wish. Even at current prices, this gives me an "almost free" $1m loan to do so and is cheaper than getting a mortgage
2. The main reason. I expect TSLA to be at least $3,000 in 5 years time. $6m allows me to live well. If it gets to $10,000 then $20m will be great. If it gets to Cathie's $22,000 then $44m will give me a little security in later life :)

It's been an incredible ride, but now I am done!
Awesome
I am sure it feels like reaching 100 with a six

• Funny
Reactions: RichardL